Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season-ticket holders can bring a friend for free on Tuesday [Lincoln- H]

Season-ticket holders will have the opportunity to bring a friend for free on Tuesday to welcome Nathan Jones back to The Valley.
Season-ticket holders can redeem their free ticket by adding it to their basket on the club’s ticketing website and going through the standard purchase procedure. Click here to redeem your ticket.
Season-ticket holders who have already purchased an additional ticket for the game can email tickets@cafc.co.uk should they wish to get the ticket refunded.
https://www.charltonafc.com/news/welcome-nathan-jones-back-valley

Comments

• Options
    A good idea but it would have been more successful if more notice was given, and made it a Saturday game.
  • Options
    Can half season ticket holders do it as well ?
  • Options
    My birthday Tuesday, first year in 3 ive not had a ST. Would be a good game to target lapsed fans (ie 2 tickets on a birthday) hint hint. 
  • Options
    A great idea from @castrust, seems the club are open to initiatives (red kit, free ticket etc) 

hopefully a juicy crowd
  • Options
    half term week round here as well so maybe some younger fans can come along
  • Options
    Good idea. The Tuesday night games have been sparse 

When they announce the attendance it’s divide it by 2 and that’s what actually the people are in the ground. Normally your 5-6 thousand Charlton fans there

Other factors and ways of watching football these days make travelling to the Valley for a midweek game un-desirable. Next season may be different. Fingers crossed 

Let’s see if this offer helps 👍

• Options
    As my initial thread about this is soon to disappear 😂

I'm gonna repost this on this one

Issue 13 of MODMag will be available 

So if you are bringing a friend come pick up a copy(if you have never bought one before come and give us a try, I assure you you will be delighted you did) I have some people buy copies from me to send to relatives in Scotland and even further abroad.

Perfect night to buy a copy 
  • Options

So if you are bringing a friend come pick up a copy(if you have never bought one before come and give us a try, I assure you you will be delighted you did) I have some people buy copies from me to send to relatives in Scotland and even further abroad.

Happy belated birthday wishes to you 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Happy belated birthday wishes to you 
    Thanks 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 9
    Personally think the club have made a bad decision here. I only get to about 4 or 5 games a season these days due to work commitments, but I was definitely going to this 1.  Being Jones 1st home game I think we would've got a good crowd for this game regardless.  Now people (like myself) who were going to the game anyway, get a free ticket.  I understand doing it for a Tuesday game, but not this 1

Just my view
  • Options
    surely they've gotta try and jump on the initial feel good factor in anyway they can?
  • Options
    I'm having trouble booking online, I get as far as selecting the seat but it keeps asking me to pay full price. What's the trick to claiming the freebie?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I'm having trouble booking online, I get as far as selecting the seat but it keeps asking me to pay full price. What's the trick to claiming the freebie?
    I’m guessing, but is it at the very last stage, where you put in your credit card details, that it offers you the freebie option, assuming you’ve logged in?
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Stig said:
    Yes @Stig, just go ahead as if you were buying a ticket. When you get to the paying stage it asks you to log in. When you do, the price changes to zero.  :)

The area around me is way more sold out than normal. Hopefully there may even be a decent crowd! That could make a big difference, especially if we start the game well.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Stig said:
    Yes @Stig, just go ahead as if you were buying a ticket. When you get to the paying stage it asks you to log in. When you do, the price changes to zero.  :)

The area around me is way more sold out than normal. Hopefully there may even be a decent crowd! That could make a big difference, especially if we start the game well.
    I tried doing that on Ssturday evening - and I was logged in from the start of the process ... still wanted to charge me for the ticket.

On top of that I wasn't allowed to buy a single U11 ticket for granddaughter no 1 as it had to be accompanied by an adult ... even though I'm a ST holder and the seat would have been with me and grandson no 2 (with my brither and nephew next to us).

I emailed the club so we'll see what response, if any, I get today.
  • Options
    Surely it should be changed to bring an enemy. Why put a friend through it?
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice James. I was getting the same issue as Briston Addick, I'm going to try logging out before selecting to see if that makes a difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done it now. I think it's a browser problem. Couldn't do it in Safari; worked perfectly in Chrome.
  • Options
    Printed out my ticket, but my mate who was coming is off work, sick. Says he might recover in time, but if not will have a spare in J Block Covered End.
  • Options
    Any spares? 
  • Options
    For once, I'm really glad I don't have any friends!
  • Options
    Crispy said:
    Bringing the missus to her first game since 2021 - she's never seen us lose so I've got desperate and given her an early Valentine's present!
    Mines been twice a season for 6 years and never seen a win lol 
  • Options
    edited February 12
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    For once, I'm really glad I don't have any friends!
     no friends ? Have you dished out one too many free tickets in the past ?
  • Options
    Not having any friends, can I bring a casual acquaintance?

Or even someone I actively dislike?
    I’ve got a friend you can borrow. Just the one. 
  • Options
    If anyone hasn't used their freebie I'd be grateful (maybe not at 10pm tomorrow) if someone could sort me one.