Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Lincoln City : Tuesday 13th February 2024 : KO 19:45

Tonight we are at The Valley for our latest attempt at winning a game, which sadly has become a distant memory...
Lincoln City are the visitors and boy do we need three points, because should we lose AGAIN tonight, and Port Vale get anything at Peterborough, we are officially in the bottom 4...(stand down everybody, that's been postponed, yipee safe for another game)...but we still need the win...
Lincoln concede as many as they score, and have won their last two, so will be another tough test, but we do have home advantage, and we will all need to get behind the lads, because we can win this...

Tonight it's a big welcome to The Valley for Nathan Jones for his first Valley game in charge, wouldn't like to predict the line-up, but feel assured that Jones will have learnt a lot from Saturday, all I will say is we need Kanu to start up top with Alfie, and hopefully Chuks and Camara are able to make an appearance...

Anyway, here we go, lets see...

Kayne Ramsay will make his full Charlton debut this evening as the Addicks host Lincoln City at The Valley.

George Dobson returns to the starting lineup while Chuks Aneke is on the bench, involved in a matchday squad for the first time since sustaining an injury in Charlton’s 4-0 win over Reading in October.

Nathan Jones makes five changes to the side that played at the weekend.

The Addicks could operate in a 3-5-2 or a diamond formation. If the former Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Lloyd Jones and Terell Thomas would make up the back three in front of Harry Isted.

Ramsay and Tennai Watson would likely operate as wing backs with Dobson, Tyreeq Bakinson and Karoy Anderson making up the midfield three behind front two Alfie May and Daniel Kanu.

If moving into a diamond formation Edmonds-Green would likely move into the base in midfield with Ramsay and Tennai Watson dropping in as full-backs.

Aneke is joined on the bench by Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Macaulay Gillesphey, Tayo Edun, Tyreece Campbell, Panutche Camara and Freddie Ladapo.

Charlton: Isted; Edmonds-Green, Jones, Thomas; Ramsay, Dobson ©, Bakinson, Anderson, T.Watson; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Gillesphey, Edun, Campbell, Camara, Aneke, Ladapo

Good to see our captain Dobson back in the line up, and welcome back to the bench Chuks...

Comments

• Options
    Interesting line up from Nathan Jones tonight, Coventry and Louie Watson completely missing after Saturday

Good to see Ramsay and Kanu getting starts, especially the latter as shows his efforts on the pitch are being noticed by more than just the fans
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of that starting XI other than my gut reaction is not great.
  • Options
    I did think Anderson would be a Jones player, and that Louie Watson would pay for Saturday 
  • Options
    Bit of a weird one. Surprised Watson keeps his place to presumably play out of position. Good to see Chuks back
  • Options
    L Watson and Coventry not included. Dropped or injured? 
  • Options
    Pleased to see Ramsay starting. Interesting that the choice was to move Tennai onto the left, Jones must not be an Edun fan. Tennai has had a couple of his best CAFC performances playing left sided so fingers crossed for another.

Aneke back in the 18 is fantastic to see.

Not sure where Coventry has disappeared to though.
  • Options
    follett said:
    Bit of a weird one. Surprised Watson keeps his place to presumably play out of position. Good to see Chuks back
    Who else is there? He was less disastrous than Edun last game at least 
  • Options
    Just don't get how T Watson starts. Thought it was a typo and was probably L Watson.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    L Watson and Coventry not included. Dropped or injured? 
    Coventry was subbed off vs Reading so either injured or Jones decided he hated him. Not sure which is worse 
  • Options
    Not as confident as I was seeing that Anderson and T Watson are starting. Hmmmm. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dunno, bit of a weird one that and 3 at the back still.

Ramsay, Dobson and Kanu, yes
    Twatson and Anderson, not so yes
  • Options
    Pleased to see Kanu in for Ladapo and George back. If Aneke can give us 20 minutes then he can be a complete game changer. 
  • Options
    I’m hoping that’s a bit of a misdirection and is a diamond. Anderson doesn’t do much defensively but could be a good 10. Do think Watson is weirdly better on the left though so could be a 3/5.  
  • Options
    edited February 13
    I think NJ has realised that Dobson is better than Coventry. At least he can tackle, which you need for a defensive mid.
  • Options
    I guess something needs to change. Come on lads.
  • Options
    Isted

Ramsay Jones Thomas Watson

REG
    Dobson Bakinson
    Anderson

May Kanu

or

Isted

REG Jones Thomas

Ramsay Anderson Dobson Bakinson Watson

May Kanu

• Options
    Southbank said:
    I think NJ has realised that Dobson is better than Coventry. At least he can tackle, which you need for a defensive mid.
    I think there's an element of telling Coventry he's not guaranteed of anything 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t argue with that team. Good to see Chuks and Camara nearing a full return. 
  • Options
    Or, curve ball:

Isted

Watson REG Jones Thomas

Ramsay Anderson Dobson Bakinson

Kanu May
  • Options
    edited February 13
    neither Coventry not L Watson did enough last Saturday to justify keeping their place (then again, neither did the other outfield players!)
  • Options
    Isted

Ramsay Jones Thomas Watson

REG
    Dobson Bakinson
    Anderson

May Kanu

or

Isted

REG Jones Thomas

Ramsay Anderson Dobson Bakinson Watson

May Kanu

That back four has 0-2 written all over it. They must have had about 2 hours of training together. At least the back 3 in the 352 have played together before.
  • Options
    Or, curve ball:

Isted

Watson REG Jones Thomas

Ramsay Anderson Dobson Bakinson

Kanu May

• Options
    Could be a hybrid system, 532 out of possesion and 4diamond2 in possession with Dobson pushing forward and REG taking the 6 role 
  • Options
    Wow. Aneke is back. Please let him only play for 10 minutes or so tonight .
  • Options
    Arghhhh.......

Another manager playing right footed players in the left 😡. Why oh why ? Especially when we actually have left footed defenders in the building. 

• Options
    Anderson has been very poor his last few performances. Hopefully this isn't another evening of our midfield being overrun
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!