Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Bolton Wanderers Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 17th February 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell !
  • Options
    Jesus wept Small... WTF was that for a pass back?
  • Options
    Good start for both wingbacks 
    But Small was quickly Charltonised 
  • Options
    Bolton comms saying they expect us to sit back and try and run down the clock!
    Well if that happens it could be a cricket score.
  • Options

Let off for Thierry Small on his debut. Loose pass gifts the ball to Adeboyejo on the edge of the Charlton box, luckily the cross is blocked and the Addicks debutant is back to win a goal-kick.
  • Options
    One of the worst passes I've ever seen. Got lucky. 
  • Options
    Wow. Some of our mistakes at the back are becoming circus quality.
  • Options
    For the most part we're pressing Bolton well whenever they get the ball, instantly in their faces
  • Options
    that's our customary defensive mistake out the way early and for once we didn't concede. think we can class that as a win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton corner, after some good build up play
  • Options
    We have already kept the ball better in the final third than we did for the first 60 minutes on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    I remember sweaties first home game for us when he scored his first OG, we all thought he will be useless
  • Options
    Maybe should have had penalty

Watson got a pull in the box, Stubbers saying on Comms it wasnt enough to be a foul though
  • Options
    Second corner after Bolton weakly get Coventry's lofted cross away from goal
  • Options

Coventry's corner is headed behind for another
  • Options
    Second corner after Bolton weakly get Coventry's lofted cross away from goal
    Foul on the Goalkeeper for the second.

Naaaa sorry, he was crowded but not fouled
  • Options

Foul given to Bolton as the corner comes over, free-kick.
  • Options
    What does the ref see there to give Bolton the free kick from our corner..
  • Options
    Do we have any fans there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best way to get rid of defensive mistakes is for the defenders to just get rid of it upfield.....Les Berry style. 
  • Options
    edited February 17
    What does the ref see there to give Bolton the free kick from our corner..
    Bit of argie bargie
  • Options

Important clearance from Jones to deal with Dempsey's low cross
  • Options
    My stream suddenly jumped from us being in their box, to one of our Centre-Backs making a clearance from a low cross

They now have a FK over to the right of our box
  • Options
    Well it's been far more open a start to the match than I expected. 

Jones looking solid at the back and we have got into their box in numbers a few times. Positive signs. I hope.
  • Options
    Not convinced by Coventry's corners, which are rather slow and loopy and look easy to defend against.
  • Options
    Dobson deals with their Free Kick, ball goes back to their Goalkeeper
  • Options
    I like coming out and pressing Bolton. I think our team in general looks better when pressing rather than trying to sit deep. But we have to be mindful that if we don't win the ball or force a bad pass Bolton can play through you easily. 
  • Options
    Impressed again with Kanu's work rate early on
  • Options
    My stream is a bit stuttery. So far we don't look second to them, but we're 8 mins in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!