Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR

Don’t know if this is being discussed elsewhere but those headline numbers don’t look good:

Comments

• Options
    And that's without them having to pay the £60m fine that they should have under FFP!
  • Options
    the spawn fuck scum will get out of relegation with a points reduction to wednesday qpr and anyone else who might finish above them , jammy twunts
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    And that's without them having to pay the £60m fine that they should have under FFP!

• Options
    the spawn fuck scum will get out of relegation with a points reduction to wednesday qpr and anyone else who might finish above them , jammy twunts

Probably not unwelcome news for a few other clubs TBF and if they do go down they are unlikely to be a threat in L1 next season

• Options
    The next decade in football is gonna get messy. There are a load of clubs riding a wall of death finance wise and many will come crashing down from here.

The ones that fell from the Prem and never made it back despite trying to spend initially (and even worse if they still are) are front of that line.
    I don't think Stoke have finished in top 10 since they were relegated.
    Lucky to have owners who seem to be in it for the long run
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The next decade in football is gonna get messy. There are a load of clubs riding a wall of death finance wise and many will come crashing down from here.

The ones that fell from the Prem and never made it back despite trying to spend initially (and even worse if they still are) are front of that line.
    I don't think Stoke have finished in top 10 since they were relegated.
    Lucky to have owners who seem to be willing to burn the money they’ve fleeced from mug punters 

• Options
    I think there’s always someone willing to buy a football club. Debts get written off or some ridiculous repayment plan is put in place. The club gets relegated but they survive. Bury was the last club as far as I remember that actually went ? No disrespect to them but they’re not a Stoke City or even Charlton. Who would have thought Derby or Bolton would have come through their recent perils ? Look at both now. Football is mad and unlike any other business.
  • Options
    I think there’s always someone willing to buy a football club. Debts get written off or some ridiculous repayment plan is put in place. The club gets relegated but they survive. Bury was the last club as far as I remember that actually went ? No disrespect to them but they’re not a Stoke City or even Charlton. Who would have thought Derby or Bolton would have come through their recent perils ? Look at both now. Football is mad and unlike any other business.
    Somebody can put me right on this if they know but just because Derby and Bolton are having a good season on the pitch it doesn’t necessarily mean any difficulties they may have faced are now behind them. Good seasons on the pitch usually come with a financial cost that doesn’t necessarily become apparent until much later when annual accounts are finally published.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Football needs a massive shake up, but it won’t happen while the Premier league is so powerful, and so ‘successful’. 
    Or it could if the PL tells clubs in the EFL that they can only be promoted to join them if they can demonstrate compliance with FFP for 3 consecutive seasons
  • Options
    I think we might see a restructuring at some point. I think Premier League one and two are definitely on the cards. The current PL will call the shots on that structure and it will be interesting to see if it’s proposed as a straight swallowing of the top 12 - 16 teams from The Championship or a combination of that and by invitation. Clubs cut adrift at that point will have a bleak future. Regionalisation ? Will there even be promotion and relegation from the top tiers. A club like Charlton cut adrift would be in real trouble for survival. A stadium worth of The PL but an albatross around its neck in an anything other than the current league structure. I’d say promotion for us is imperative in the next three seasons. My guess is that our owners have a five year plan then review. First year and god forbid next have been anything but what they had hoped. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Do not want QPR being deducted points this season 😁
    I suspect that the EFL know that a points deduction this season will relegate them so will more than likely deduct points from the start of next season regardless of which division they’re in. 
  • Options
    On the plus side, if you're a QPR fan, at least people aren't waving guns around in the boardroom these days. So that's progress, of a sort .....
  • Options
    Spare a thought for the fans of Nuneaton Borough F.C (and his dog) who withdrew from Southern Central Premier League on the 18 January due to financial problems facing liquidation. I only picked up on it because it might save my local team, Kettering Town F.C. who are also experiencing financial difficulties and hovering just outside the relegation zone into tier 8 of the pyramid. It is a sign of the times unfortunately that small clubs, especially non league, are facing uncertain futures.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Football needs a massive shake up, but it won’t happen while the Premier league is so powerful, and so ‘successful’. 
    Or it could if the PL tells clubs in the EFL that they can only be promoted to join them if they can demonstrate compliance with FFP for 3 consecutive seasons
    That will make the gap between Champ and Prem even wider. Clubs can't spend money in the Champ, but then get promoted and need to spend hundreds of millions to even have a chance at staying up, invariably some fail and end up where they started but with a squad of players on massive wages.

The only way it will work is a fairer distribution of revenue down the pyramid and structured wage caps at all levels, mandatory relegation wage drops etc but the big clubs that set the rules will never agree to it so we are where we are.

I agree that over the next 5- 10 years we will see more and more clubs disappear as the debts rack up.

The simple answer to that is the players contract should trigger lower remuneration clauses if the club is relegated. After all, the players must take some of the blame and consequences if the team doesn’t perform and goes down as a result. There’s a parachute payment when clubs are relegated from the PL so that gives a two year window in which during the first season the PL salary could be maintained to enable an attempt at getting back up and after that the salary either reduces or the club sells the player moves on, either being sold or as a free agent at the end of that second season. That should help clubs focus on sorting out a lot of the financial problems one way or another 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let’s face it, football in England as we have known it is likely going to have to change. Any money in the game is being sucked up by The Premier League and their massive squads of overpaid players with everyone else and that even includes The Championship is having financial problems. I can see a PL 1 & 2 of perhaps 18 teams in each and everyone else regionalised and mostly semi pro. With the current distribution of football money I don’t see how The EFL can support 72 clubs. Any change that relieves the financial burden on those outside the top flight is reliant on the largesse of The Premier League, so that’s not happening. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That will make the gap between Champ and Prem even wider. Clubs can't spend money in the Champ, but then get promoted and need to spend hundreds of millions to even have a chance at staying up, invariably some fail and end up where they started but with a squad of players on massive wages.

The only way it will work is a fairer distribution of revenue down the pyramid and structured wage caps at all levels, mandatory relegation wage drops etc but the big clubs that set the rules will never agree to it so we are where we are.

I agree that over the next 5- 10 years we will see more and more clubs disappear as the debts rack up.

The simple answer to that is the players contract should trigger lower remuneration clauses if the club is relegated. After all, the players must take some of the blame and consequences if the team doesn’t perform and goes down as a result. There’s a parachute payment when clubs are relegated from the PL so that gives a two year window in which during the first season the PL salary could be maintained to enable an attempt at getting back up and after that the salary either reduces or the club sells the player moves on, either being sold or as a free agent at the end of that second season. That should help clubs focus on sorting out a lot of the financial problems one way or another 
    There is talk of doing away with parachute payments so that could affect things. Not sure if it is likely to actually happen though
  • Options
    Just googled this and as of 2021 the average Premier League salary was £57,692. That’s an astonishing £8,271 A DAY. Of course that’s an average and all that goes with that metric but it’s still frankly obscene. Until this madness is resolved, which it never will be, football is fucked. Those of us that support small clubs are staring down the barrel of never being able to compete at the top table again.  It’s just too costly and many of those that try to inevitably end up in financial ruin. Luton are well run and have achieved remarkable success but does anyone believe that they can sustain it. I don’t. The bridge between The Championship and Premier League has been getting more rickety year on year. I now think it’s about ready to collapse. No idea what the solution is but surely it can’t continue as is.
  • Options
    It is a long shot, but there comes a point where there is less appeal paying a fortune to watch a live computer game played by all those self regarding entitled overpaid cat abusers and the like.
    It is interesting how Woman’s football has grown, and down in the non leagues people enjoy an affordable day out at the football, Dulwich Hamlet being the prime example.
    MacDonalds type crap is dominant, but very often people want a home grown and local cafe to go to with something wholesome.
    Mind you the influence of the Television skews everything.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Bloody hell... QPR have done well to keep this under wraps

Ilias Chair has apparently been jailed for a year with a 12-month suspended sentence, after breaking a truck driver's skull with a rock... He's played 31-games for them this season, only missing two games.

One news outlet is suggesting he'll be allowed to play whilst he appeals the sentence - Probably didnt break any terms or anything either, but seems he was even at the 2022 World Cup with Morocco whilst on bail

QPR's statement... QPR FC | Club statement: Ilias Chair
  • Options

Ilias Chair has apparently been jailed for a year with a 12-month suspended sentence, after breaking a truck driver's skull with a rock... He's played 31-games for them this season, only missing two games.

One news outlet is suggesting he'll be allowed to play whilst he appeals the sentence - Probably didnt break any terms or anything either, but seems he was even at the 2022 World Cup with Morocco whilst on bail

Blimey did not know anything about this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-qpr-ilias-chair-jailed-32196431

Playing devil's advocate I suppose if it was sexual assault or racism we would of all have known about it by now. 
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Their best player - helpful to their relegation rivals, which includes The Spanner’s 🤦🏻
  • Options
    Their best player - helpful to their relegation rivals, which includes The Spanner’s 🤦🏻
    Apparently he is back in the UK whilst he appeals the conviction and is available for selection 

Surprised as I thought post conviction appeals would need to be done whilst locked up, but Apparently he can be in England and play football whilst appealing his conviction 
  • Options

Blimey did not know anything about this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-qpr-ilias-chair-jailed-32196431

Playing devil's advocate I suppose if it was sexual assault or racism we would of all have known about it by now. 
    Reports claim that in January, QPR rejected a £4.25million transfer bid for Chair from Turkish club Trabzonspor.

That's baffling. Both that QPR rejected the bid, but also that Trabzonspor weren't aware of the court case.