Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Final

Comments

• Options
    Even with the lines drawn on the screen the first disallowed goal seemed dodgy to me. 
  • Options
    Disallow that goal, then VAR needs to disallow virtually every goal scored from a corner or a free kick in the a premier League.
    It’s not the the block that’s the problem, it’s the blocker was offside. Blockers from corners won’t be offside.
    But blocking is obstruction, so would lead to all goals being disallowed...
    Blocking isn't obstruction as long as there is no holding and the man is just standing his ground. But if, in standing his ground, he is preventing the defender from attacking the ball then he is deemed to be offside.
  • Options
    Disallow that goal, then VAR needs to disallow virtually every goal scored from a corner or a free kick in the a premier League.
    It’s not the the block that’s the problem, it’s the blocker was offside. Blockers from corners won’t be offside.
    But blocking is obstruction, so would lead to all goals being disallowed...
    That’s not what the goal was ruled out for. If Endo was onside and still made that block, the goal would have stood.
    Admittedly a few years since I played, and notwithstanding who was onside and who was offside, If you block a player from getting to the ball when you are not within playing distance, that’s obstruction, which is an indirect free kick. That happens at virtually every corner I see, so if  VAR is looking for reasons to disallow a goal (whether offside is a feature or not) then nearly all goals from corners and free kicks should be chalked off.
  • Options
    VVD is an absolute beast 
  • Options
    Fuck sake... Should be a red card offence to score a potentially winning goal so late in Extra Time
  • Options
    Chelsea have only themselves to blame
  • Options
    Fuck sake... Should be a red card offence to score a potentially winning goal so late in Extra Time
    Especially when you backed either side to win on penalties before kick off!!!
  • Options
    Victims have deserved it. Chelsea been woeful in extra time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Dick. Great time to score.
  • Options
    Chelsea have been pathetic
  • Options
    Poch is gonna cry 😂😂😂
  • Options
    That was a managerial masterclass of youth/kids by Klopp. Motivate, play down the occasion, bring them on in a bunch to ease the pressure. Very impressive. 
  • Options
    Have Sky stopped noshing Klopp yet?
  • Options
    Joe Gomez has won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and now this.  Not a bad move on reflection.
    But, hasn’t scored a goal.
  • Options
    Joe Gomez has won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and now this.  Not a bad move on reflection.
    But, hasn’t scored a goal.
    I’m surprised nobody has mentioned that. 
  • Options
    Chelsea have such a passionless side. It's almost as if someone up top has thrown money at it without taking stock that you have to have a connection between those players to make it happen. Pochettino isn't the first Manager to not be able to gel them together and he may not be the last. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Failing to beat Liverpool's B team in their only realistic chance of a trophy is pretty funny.

Chelsea threw on 160m+ worth of subs whilst Liverpool had to stick 3 teenagers on in normal time. 
  • Options
    edited February 25

What did Carragher win out of interest?  All but the PL??  Would still be less.
  • Options
    Chelsea have such a passionless side. It's almost as if someone up top has thrown money at it without taking stock that you have to have a connection between those players to make it happen. Pochettino isn't the first Manager to not be able to gel them together and he may not be the last. 

• Options
    Also means Chelsea's chances of getting back into Europe are slim. If they'd won today they'd have been in the Conference league next year (and probably favourites to win it) but now it probably rests on them winning the FA Cup or getting top 6/7 in the league. Both are unlikely.

The FFP net closes in on them.
  • Options
    As I heard a Chelsea fan say on radio today, if you told me we would spend over a billion pounds and end up with Nicolas Jackson as main striker I would never believe you. 
  • Options
    I only caught this from extra time onwards.

Didn't realise that Liverpool winning the cup none of the big teams really care about was such an upset, as I listened to the commentators cream themselves off about it.

"Klopp has won the trophy that history demanded of him" , or some such guff. Totally cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Congratulations to the Liverpool fans who never gave up and to Joe Gomes - one of our own