Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Final

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fuck them, fuck their fans, and fuck their players too. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I only caught this from extra time onwards.

Didn't realise that Liverpool winning the cup none of the big teams really care about was such an upset, as I listened to the commentators cream themselves off about it.

"Klopp has won the trophy that history demanded of him" , or some such guff. Totally cringeworthy.
    It's only because of the circumstances. Winning a final without Salah, Jota, Nunez, Trent, Alisson, Szoboszlai, Matip, Jones and Thiago is some effort. Also lost Gravenberch to injury in the first half and had to put 3 teenagers on as subs in normal time.

They finished the game with only van Dijk, Endo and Diaz on the pitch from what would be their first choice side.
    And they were playing against a shite Chelsea team. So not exactly the upset of the century!

But hey, Sky got to big up the fact they had the rights to the game and make it sound like Wimbledon versus, er, Liverpool, all over again!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Didn't realise that Liverpool winning the cup none of the big teams really care about was such an upset, as I listened to the commentators cream themselves off about it.

"Klopp has won the trophy that history demanded of him" , or some such guff. Totally cringeworthy.
    It's only because of the circumstances. Winning a final without Salah, Jota, Nunez, Trent, Alisson, Szoboszlai, Matip, Jones and Thiago is some effort. Also lost Gravenberch to injury in the first half and had to put 3 teenagers on as subs in normal time.

They finished the game with only van Dijk, Endo and Diaz on the pitch from what would be their first choice side.
    This. Also I would suggests Nunez, Jota and Salah would be the first choice front 3. So take Diaz out of that equation. And even Endo has only been playing more out of necessity.

Whilst the over the top spunk fest from Sky is annoying, Klopp has done a hell of a job this season.
  • Options
    Joe Gomez has won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and now this.  Not a bad move on reflection.

What did Carragher win out of interest?  All but the PL??  Would still be less.
    Let’s take our Charlton glasses off for a moment, Carragher was a better player than Gomez is.

Maybe so but his trophy cabinet is not as full.  Even funnier then.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

And they were playing against a shite Chelsea team. So not exactly the upset of the century!

But hey, Sky got to big up the fact they had the rights to the game and make it sound like Wimbledon versus, er, Liverpool, all over again!
    I don't think anyone is claiming it's a major upset like Wigan beating Man City to win the FA Cup.

More a great win in the face of adversity.
  • Options
    Thing is, I have family from Liverpool and I am pretty sure they wont like me cos I'm English.

They won't like me cos I am a miserable fucker but thats not relevant to the point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea fans don't like me, because I have a moral compass that isn't from the 1570s
  • Options
    Caciedo is less than half the player he was for Brighton, £115m well spent.
  • Options
    Agree on Caciedo.

Dunno why though, but if he had gone to Liverpool, I think Klopp would have got him as a massive cog in that team.

Total fuck up from the player being lead by the money.
  • Options
       It was when they were told that Liverpool would be subject to ‘managed decline’ they set up a siege mentality. It’s worth reading up on it. 
       I’ve spent time in Liverpool. It’s a great city, and I really like the people I’ve met there (I worked with the police there for a couple of weeks as well, and they were great too). 
       There, I’ve said it. 
  • Options
    But then he was never worth that amount of money, Brighton did such a good job getting that fee.
  • Options
    But then he was never worth that amount of money, Brighton did such a good job getting that fee.
    Exactly this, Chelsea chucked so much money about it's sort of forgotten that Enzo Fernandez was a British transfer record, and Caicedo could go above that figure with the add-ons (although that's dubious at the moment!).

Those two in midfield are the two most expensive players ever bought by British clubs.  And they've been pretty poor.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MrOneLung said:
    what revolting comments 
    tbh, its not offensive, it can be applied to all clubs :)

• Options
    All of these players have contracts that don't expire until 2030 or 2031.

How many of them are Chelsea going to actually want to keep beyond say 2025?

• Options
    2? 3 at the most.
  • Options
    Chelsea have such a passionless side. It's almost as if someone up top has thrown money at it without taking stock that you have to have a connection between those players to make it happen. Pochettino isn't the first Manager to not be able to gel them together and he may not be the last. 

Perhaps we could send them Andy Scott to help out with recruitment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never liked Liverpool FC, never will. Not because of booing the national anthem (though that is crap), not because of victim mentality, not because of being chippy or because they all think they are comedians, it's because of the hundreds of thousands of people who have fuck all to do with the city but claim to "support" Liverpool. Because of the tongue-up-the-arse fawning of the media and because they have spent millions and millions over the years to be successful and yet give crap to Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea etc for doing the same. For twenty-five years they drew in bundles of cash because they were on MOTD or the Big Match (and regional variations) every week and ended up with "fans" from Lands end to John O'Groats as a result. 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    The booing of the national anthem is really odd. Pretty confident most of the Liverpool fans doing it just think they’re being really edgy rather than it being any real type of political statement. Most probably aren’t even scousers anyway. 
    It's pretty common knowledge that a sizable amount of Liverpool supporters consider themselves not British, not all, but think it goes a bit deeper than booing the anthem to be edgy tbh.
  • Options
    Scouse not English, until any scouser gets called up to represent England at any sport etc and absolutely jumps at the chance.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Perhaps not the best time to mention my Liverpool forebears.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Chelsea have, at least, achieved one thing in losing. They became the first side in the history of English football to lose six consecutive domestic finals.  Not sure this makes it any easier to taken but at least they got to 118 minutes before capitulating in this one. 

2019 EFL Cup 2020 FA Cup 2021 FA Cup 2022 EFL Cup 2022 FA Cup 2024 EFL Cup
  • Options
    Although they lost a few of those on penalties so they're getting worse!