Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall Of Fame 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited March 7
    I was living overseas from 1988-95 which coincided with Scott Minto's Charlton first team career, so I have no real appreciation of how good he was. It seems like the majority on here are opting for John Humphrey, who I really liked and did receive the senior player of the year award 3 years running. Those of you who are opting for Humphrey, do you think there was a significant difference or is it close?
  • Options
    Allen
    Kinsey
    Humphrey (all day long )
  • Options
    I was living overseas from 1988-95 which coincided with Scott Minto's Charlton first team career, so I have no real appreciation of how good he was. It seems like the majority on here are opting for John Humphrey, who I really liked and did receive the senior player of the year award 3 years running. Those of you who are opting for Humphrey, do you think there was a significant difference or is it close?
    The year before he won his 1st player of the year he came runner up, that is the level in 4 seasons in the top flight
  • Options
    Scott was good, but John Humphrey would get my vote against anyone else, absolute top draw player.
  • Options
    Kingsley
    Kinsey 
    Humphrey 
  • Options
    I was a Liverpool fan back then but was then converted to a Charlton fan in 1986. It only took me 1 game watching Humphrey and I asked my mate "Marc, why is not in the England squad, he is hte best right back I have seen and he was much better than the player at the time. He was overlooked because he played for "little Charlton".  Sorry Scott. love you to bits in a manly way, but Humphrey. gets my vote. 
  • Options
    One of my earliest memories as a Charlton fan is standing on a fold out camping stool that my Dad used to bring so I could see better (wouldn't be allowed in with it nowadays) on the terrace at Selhurst and Humprey scoring a rare goal vs, I'm pretty sure, Middlesbrough. He get's my vote for that alone.
  • Options
    bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ralph Allen
    Brian Kinsey
    John Humphrey
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Still time to vote. One section is very close., so click here to vote.  Charlton Athletic Hall of Fame 2024
  • Options
    Four more days before voting closes
  • Options
    Last chance to vote. It closes at 10pm today. Just click here.   Charlton Athletic Hall of Fame 2024
  • Options
    Thanks for your votes. The winners will be announced at the Player of the Year Dinner on 28th April.
  • Options
    Kingsley

Kinsey

Holland 
    2 out of 3 not bad
  • Options
    Matty was at the dinner with his son.

Lovely to see him again - and his shorts were still clean...
  • Options
    Kingsley

Kinsey

Holland 
    2 out of 3 not bad
    Alright Meatloaf.
  • Options
    Shame Brian Kinsey couldn't make it but he's been unwell.

Not sure what Ralph Allen's excuse was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute joke Holland over Humphrey, Can only assume the majority were younger voters.
    Imagine how Scott Minto felt annoucinng that he'd lost again 😄

I voted for Humphrey but that's democracy for you.
  • Options
    It’s actually Criminal that Super Johnny Humphrey is not in our Hall of Fame , I demand a recount!!
  • Options
    I struggle a bit with Matt Holland as I just think of him as no thrills vanilla. But he was captain for 3 of the Premier League seasons where we finished 7th, 11th and 13th, and did later win a player of the year in the Championship. 

Really wished we had a fans marks Statbank during those prem years, would love to know how we were rating those players 
  • Options
    I'm disappointed that Humphrey didn't win the vote - he was outstanding in the Selhurst years. Will he get another chance next year?
  • Options
    I'm disappointed that Humphrey didn't win the vote - he was outstanding in the Selhurst years. Will he get another chance next year?
    3 years in the top flight voted player of the year, other season in the top flight runner up in the player of the year.

Staggering how he has not been voted in when you see the names that have
  • Options

I'm sure they said at the POTY do that the runners up automatically go into the following year's vote. So hopefully he gets another chance. 🙏 
  • Options
    I struggle a bit with Matt Holland as I just think of him as no thrills vanilla. But he was captain for 3 of the Premier League seasons where we finished 7th, 11th and 13th, and did later win a player of the year in the Championship. 

Really wished we had a fans marks Statbank during those prem years, would love to know how we were rating those players 
    I'm the same, mate. Always saw him as an Ipswich player who somehow felt like he was on loan to us. He spoke fondly about us at the POTY do though and as you say he was with us during some successful seasons. And he hasn't aged a bit, the lucky sod. 
  • Options
    He'll probably be in it until he wins.
  • Options
    He'll probably be in it until he wins.
    Next year: John Humphrey v Cory Gibbs and Loïc Négo.