Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Camara and Ladapo

Comments

• Options
    I think games like today are perfect for Freddie.

He can probably intimidate some defenders, and I wouldn’t rule him out not scoring one or two goals today.
  • Options
    Ladapo is not the sort of player we need right now. Doesn't even look like he's arsed 
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Not quite sure what he brings?
    He's a unit but struggles to hold off defenders. Positionally not very good in danger areas.
    Not surprising when he's hardly been prolific wherever he's been.
    Knew very little about him when he arrived but once again I fell for the hype bandied about on here.
    If he continues to perform as he has up to now I doubt he'll get an offer come the end of the season
  • Options

He can probably intimidate some defenders, and I wouldn’t rule him out not scoring one or two goals today.
    Some posts don't age well!
  • Options
    It is obvious why Ipswich let him go. He is past his best by date.
  • Options

Some posts don't age well!
    Well he was right with the second bit.
  • Options
    Really dont think NJ will be rushing to offer Ladapo a contract, hes just not doing enough atm
  • Options
    I saw Camara outside the main stand today around 14.30. He said he was OK but then left with some friends appearing to go home.
  • Options
    CAFC announced Camara was starting and then he was suddenly not in the squad.
    Did he do something warming up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFC announced Camara was starting and then he was suddenly not in the squad.
    Did he do something warming up?
    I assumed it was just a mistake in the article, left in after he started on Tuesday.
  • Options
    I still think Laps has got something to offer if we give him time and service. Fully prepared to be proved wrong though.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I saw Camara outside the main stand today around 14.30. He said he was OK but then left with some friends appearing to go home.
    He was walking just ahead of us after the game so definitely stayed to watch it..
  • Options
    No to both ..I don't think either of them suit the way Jones is setting up his sides ..he wants fit athletic players and they aren't it ..I expect both will contribute til the end of the season as you'd expect but not longterm for me 
  • Options
    Ladapo’s goal a couple of weeks ago was important and is all he’s done since he’s been here . Camara has contributed nothing 
  • Options
    edited March 3
    JaShea99 said:
    I still think Laps has got something to offer if we give him time and service. Fully prepared to be proved wrong though.
    Personally, the cross that wafted between him and the open goal was enough to confirm my previously expressed opinion was correct. He isn't good enough.  
  • Options
    Neither did themselves any favours over the weekend.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    It is obvious why Ipswich let him go. He is past his best by date.
    There is an old saying in professional football. ‘Make sure your players legs go, on another manager’s pitch’.
  • Options
    Ladapo's goalscoring in L1 per season. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neither are bad players and i think you have to give some consideration to the circumstances at the club. Camara is coming back off a long term injury and clearly isn't up to speed yet. He was also injured for most of last season and only played 4 senior games. He might never get back to being the player he was at Plymouth.

Ladapo has a good record in this league but is used to playing for promotion chasing sides who create lots of chances. Coming into a side fighting for it's life who at times this season have barely created 1-2 good chances per game probably takes some adapting to.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    May is going to be playing the bulk of games next season most likely. Need to sign a partner for him. Ladapo-May doesn't work. Two poachers makes for a poor partnership and the ball doesn't stick. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Personally, the cross that wafted between him and the open goal was enough to confirm my previously expressed opinion was correct. He isn't good enough.  
    See I thought it was a good run to get in front of his man, and then Watson (who otherwise had a good game) completely misses him with the ball across. If he plays it right Ladapo gets a tap in. 
  • Options
    hezzla said:
    JaShea99 said:
    See I thought it was a good run to get in front of his man, and then Watson (who otherwise had a good game) completely misses him with the ball across. If he plays it right Ladapo gets a tap in. 
    It's all about opinions hezzla. For me, Watson's cross was what you expect in that situation - low across the six yard box, beats the keeper, a decent forward slides in and buries it.  That's how most saw it on the match thread at the time too.    
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Ferryman said:
    He was walking just ahead of us after the game so definitely stayed to watch it..
    Glad to hear that.
  • Options
    Camara has been injured for pretty much two seasons now. He's 100% the type of signing we should avoid making in the summer, regardless of whether he's a good lad or played well at Plymouth when they got promoted. Ladapo has been disappointing tbh, he might get up to speed and at least he's been available for every match so far, but at the moment he's a no for me too.
  • Options
    The argument that Camara is not injury prone can no longer been applied.

There were many references earlier this season that last season was a blip in his record and it should he ignored. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The argument that Camara is not injury prone can no longer been applied.

There were many references earlier this season that last season was a blip in his record and it should he ignored. 
     Depends if his latest injury is the same injury surely.
  • Options
    edited March 5
  • Options
    Poor form and fitness means both are inconsistent.

Get rid in the next window - they are not the future, but that applies to many more in our squad too…

- AMB
    - Thomas
    - Bakinson 
    - Fiorini
    - Aneke

Dobbo wants to go, so he should and jury’s out on a few others too.