Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton Roll Call.

Comments

• Options
    now covid free .. few days in a Wellingborough hotel, see the Cobblers then orf to Chelters .. 6 points coming up
    Guessing you'll be the one with a paper bag over his head... :)
    you'll still recognise me by my terrible language aimed at the cobblers and officials lol
  • Options
    3 of us on the 10.23 from Euston. 
  • Options
    My local away game. There with step son and son in law 
  • Options
    me and mrs Boots will be there. First chance we can make an away game this year. 
  • Options
    Let's hope Louis Mendez isn't going  :D
  • Options
    Plan is the shoe museum and an old house.  When I told him this morning he suddenly wasn't that keen on the trip!  🤣
    I might have a quick look in the museum, I'll look out for a bored 11 year old if I do  :D
  • Options
    I’m in San Jose in Costa Rica and luckily enough tomorrow is a free day so I’m able to watch the pre-spiel and the match starting from 8:15. Breakfast booked for 7:30. 

Tuesday‘s match might be more challenging as I’m back on the road. 
  • Options
    Me and 3 others going - on 10.56 from Euston - will be in Thomas A Becket pub from 12 - looking forward to this - still walking on air after Tuesday evening 
    Yep same here....breakfast in The Rocket beforehand.
  • Options
    Gutted not going this one, never been Northampton but am off for two days golf. Now looks like the golf is gonna be a washout :-( 

have a great day everyone 
  • Options
    Just set off with the boy. 130 mile journey for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit gutted I’m not going, as it’s only a one hour train ride. Definitely going next year.
  • Options
    Just set off with the boy. 130 mile journey for us.
    Probably take you about 7 minutes by Rocket :)
  • Options
    Can’t make this one, but was at the Derby game.
    Tip of the cap to our travellers, have a safe journey a great day out and bring back the 3 points COYRs!!!
  • Options
    Half way there already. COYA.
  • Options
    Local game for me, will be there today.
  • Options
    edited March 2
    10.56 from Euston is packed.
    4 coaches long. Nice planning.
  • Options
    Is everyone walking to the ground from the station?
  • Options
    10.56 from Euston is packed.
    4 coaches long. Nice planning.
    Obviously didn't predict the Nathan Jones upturn!
  • Options
    Is everyone walking to the ground from the station?
    At the train station bus d3 headed toward daventry would be a good one goes past the rugby ground and stops outside cineworld which is opposite sixfields 

coming back retracing your routes and a walk a little of the way will give more bus options going back to town ie leave the ground and head toward the sainsburys / Aldi on weedon road 
  • Options
    train station is weirdly laid out too, ground floor exit opens out to car park and taxies take the exit and right right again to get onto the main road where the bus stop is to the left 

facing the road with station behind you it’s left toward town and right toward the ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    James86 said:
    My boys first ever away game. He hates football. So this is torture to him. So if we lose blame me. He will never come again. 
    My daughters first away game was here because it’s our closest - during the Robinson era - she took a wayward ball in the face during warm up - never let me forget it 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    My boys first ever away game. He hates football. So this is torture to him. So if we lose blame me. He will never come again. 
    the NSPCC has been informed lol
  • Options
    Northampton museum has a really good exhibition on punk at the moment. Both about the main movement, but also local bands and venues.
  • Options
    Northampton museum has a really good exhibition on punk at the moment. Both about the main movement, but also local bands and venues.

Visiting museums definitely a plus of away days if you have time before pub, kills half hour or so and never know when your gonna get the chance again, went to Derby Museum on tuesday and it was fantastic(also so much less crowded than a London Museum) 
  • Options

Visiting museums definitely a plus of away days if you have time before pub, kills half hour or so and never know when your gonna get the chance again, went to Derby Museum on tuesday and it was fantastic(also so much less crowded than a London Museum) 
    I had planned to do that museum on Tuesday, if I'd gone to the match, but couldn't make it in the end.

A decent museum and gallery actually, worth a stop off before the first pint.
  • Options
    Museum was good. Shoes, punk, art and history of Northampton. Feel cultured. 
  • Options
    Walk to the ground is quite nice and under half hour
  • Options
    Walk to the ground is quite nice and under half hour
    Took us a lot longer to walk back…though we may have stopped in a pub on the way to try and warm up