Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hobbies

Anyone got any other than Charlton and the obvious train sporting?  I love watching cricket and at 49 have started learning the guitar, not sure I will ever be any good.

Comments

• Options
    Photography has become the hobby of choice for me... Get out whenever I can, something mentally relaxing about being out with the Camera.
  • Options
    Guitar
    Reading
    Mudlarking
  • Options
    Golf. Been playing since last July. Completely addicted to it.
  • Options
    I've also been doing some ink drawings recently, but I do get frustrated with it.
  • Options
    Watching sports and gym for the adrenaline and fitness.
    Gardening, jigsaws and reading/puzzles for switching off completely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cooking and gardening for me, learning to do both.
    Loving it….. 
  • Options
    Watching sports and gym for the adrenaline and fitness.
    Gardening, jigsaws and reading/puzzles for switching off completely.
    I can imagine putting together a jigsaw is very therapeutic.
  • Options
    Collecting fossils and when ever we travel outside then Euro-zone I try to pick up some local currency (coins and paper). I also like cooking and collecting and drinking whiskey (although I have reduced my collection over the last couple of years).
  • Options
    Travelling is my main hobby which conflicts with my other interests like Playing the guitar, uke and piano. Art exhibitions and gigs whether it’s rock or classical. Also learning Spanish and need to brush up on my German. 
    Being retired helps but there’s still not enough hours in the day. 
  • Options
    Collecting fossils and when ever we travel outside then Euro-zone I try to pick up some local currency (coins and paper). I also like cooking and collecting and drinking whiskey (although I have reduced my collection over the last couple of years).
    By drinking it or boiling off the water content? 😉
  • Options
    I really can't believe anyone starting a thread about hobbies, half way through a match we were winning in our battle against relegation. How very strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can't believe anyone starting a thread about hobbies, half way through a match we were winning in our battle against relegation. How very strange.
    Often think that about the comments on random threads during matches 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    By drinking it or boiling off the water content? 😉
    The headaches will confirm that it was drinking!
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Solidgone said:
    Travelling is my main hobby which conflicts with my other interests like Playing the guitar, uke and piano. Art exhibitions and gigs whether it’s rock or classical. Also learning Spanish and need to brush up on my German. 
    Being retired helps but there’s still not enough hours in the day. 
    Travelling is a wonderful time consumer :)

Let it take up a LOT of your time.
  • Options
    I was evaluating my avid reading of X and the match thread, as I attempted to work and wondered what else could I be doing as I slide towards leaving KFRS and angst about an underperforming football team wouldn't be enough to fill the void.
  • Options
    Got into it from necessity of not being able to pay people to do things to our house but now I love it. DIY, woodworking, furniture refinishing/restoring etc.

Also love cooking.
  • Options
    Mountain Biking ( cross country and trail riding)
    Fishing ( carp , catfish , course)
    Pianist ( gospel / jazz / funk )

• Options
    Have followed the mighty Surrey from the very early 80's.  For a 15 year period from around '91 would go virtually every Sunday League game.
    I collect badges from each sporting venue I have been to and have accumulated around 400.
    I used to collect programmes, again from every event I'd go to, even the racecard from greyhound racing.  Upto 2020, I had every Charlton programme minus around 50 home and away back to 1965.   It broke my heart to stop collecting once we decided to move to Brazil.
    I collected vinyl records in a big way during the 80's, that has come 6000 miles with me.
    Oh yes, groundhopping, done about 600 worldwide.
    It's good to have a hobby.
    You need to get out more.
  • Options
    I'm 56. I try to cook at weekends alongside a large glass of wine and a choice Spotify playlist.

But I'd say wildlife and football are my hobbies.

The latter for the masochistic heartache 😉

The former, for the beauty of the natural world.

Music is a wonderful hobby. If I had any talent or even enough dedication, it would definitely be something I'd do.
  • Options
    A lot of online chess.