Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Cheltenham v Charlton (closes Wednesday teatime)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Jscore: 7 - not an easy place to go and the subs helped settle the team down
    ISTED: 5 - a poor goal to concede: that shot was only one step up from a pea roller and Isted should have held it. He looked nervous all evening and did nothing for my nerves (or, I suspect, for those of his defenders) - hopefully he'll settle down 
    R.E.G.: 7 - very solid. Let's hope the injury isn't a serious one, as his quiet efficiency is very impressive
    THOMAS: 5 - he's done well this season but I thought he looked shaky tonight
    GILLESPHEY: 7 - a solid defender with a good left foot
    T WATSON: 8 - he was lucky not to concede a penalty in the first half but his attacking play was very good. The best I've seen him play for us
    COVENTRY: 8 - uses the ball well and is an intelligent footballer
    DOBSON: 6.5 - a quieter game from George but he helped shore things up in the second half when Cheltenham were on top and, after winning the ball, played a really good long ball for Bakinson's goal
    ANDERSON: 4.5 - got caught in possession several times in the first half and his passing was poor. A fine young player but could do with a rest on Saturday. Perhaps Bakinson will come in, assuming Camara is not fit, with Karoy moving to the bench
    SMALL: 8 - with his pace, physicality and skill, he's a massive upgrade on Edun. His ability to get to the line and put in dangerous crosses gives us an additional attacking dimension. He showed excellent composure and awareness to set up Alfie's late tap in
    MAY: 6.5 - missed a couple of very acceptable chances but kept plugging away and that goal will hopefully help him regain his confidence
    KANU: 7 - his physicality and use of his body to pin defenders has come on leaps and bounds. Allied to his pace, movement and football intelligence, we are going to have some player on our hands
    JONES: 6.5 - a very competent and reassuring presence when he entered the fray
    Referee: 7 - did pretty well. My only minor gripe with him and the linesmen was that they allowed Cheltenham to steal 5 or 10 yards with every throw on. Dobbo should have been in the ref's ear about that
  • Options
    Jscore: 7.5
    ISTED: 6.5
    R.E.G.: 8
    THOMAS: 6.5
    GILLESPHEY: 7.5
    T WATSON: 7.5
    COVENTRY: 8
    DOBSON: 7
    ANDERSON: 6.5
    SMALL: 8.5
    MAY: 7.5
    KANU: 7.5
    JONES: 6.5
    Referee: 7.5
  • Options
    Jscore: 8
    ISTED: 7
    R.E.G.: 7
    THOMAS: 7
    GILLESPHEY: 7
    T WATSON: 7
    COVENTRY: 8
    ANDERSON: 6.5
    SMALL: 8
    MAY: 7.5
    KANU: 7.5
    JONES: 7
    Referee: 6.5
    LADAPO: n/a
    BAKINSON: n/a
    HECTOR: n/a
  • Options
    edited March 6

Jscore: 9. What more do people want from him?
    ISTED: 5. Had little to do and didn't do it well. Shocking kicking off both feet.
    R.E.G.: 7
    THOMAS: 7
    GILLESPHEY: 7
    T WATSON: 8. Brilliant in the first half.
    COVENTRY: 8. Sweet passing. MOM
    ANDERSON: 5
    SMALL: 8
    MAY: 8 so many chances. Some sweetly hit strikes. Could have had 3. 
    KANU: 8
    JONES: 6
    Referee: 6 So reluctant to blow for fouls. 2 unnecessary bookings dished out.
  • Options
    At the game 

Jscore: 8 doing well for us
    ISTED: 6.5 - kicking and catching makes me nervous
    R.E.G.: 7 - did well until injury
    THOMAS: 7.5 - needs to practice those long throws 
    GILLESPHEY: 8 calm and cool
    T WATSON: 8.5 well played the lad
    COVENTRY: 9 MOM
    DOBSON: 6.5 average game
    ANDERSON: 7 worked really hard today
    SMALL: 8.5 great game, lovely assist
    MAY: 8 - nice to score, could have had 3
    KANU: 9 joint MOM - energy, commitment and a goal, great performance
    JONES: 7.5 - seemed fine
    Referee: 7 let quite a lot go and didn’t fall for any of their antics in the box
    LADAPO: n/a didn’t do much when he came on
    BAKINSON: n/a great goal from
    the boy and a general nuisance when he came on
    HECTOR: n/a clogged a couple when he came on, clearly his role as spoiler sub