Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood roll call

3 mates and myself doing Fleetwood on Saturday upcoming - making a w/e of it - staying in Lytham St Anne’s on Saturday night - booked (what reviews suggest) a cracking Indian restaurant for Saturday evening - Sunday we are going on to Blackpool Pleasure Beach 

Pre match - going to the ‘Steamer’ pub in Fleetwood - apparently still owned and run by Syd Little - for those of my age and older - of ‘Little and Large’ fame - he’s about 80 now, but still pulling pints - we are gonna (hopefully) gonna get to meet him 😀

Comments

• Options
    Me and Junior going . Jim's bar here we come. Staying overnight  
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Jim’s bar ?
  • Options
    I'm gonna gonna be at work. 
  • Options
    Yep, heading up on Friday night after work. Booking somewhere 30 mins away from Fleetwood (inland) to reduce travel time on Friday night but will save 9+ hours on the road on the Saturday. Mixed Fleetwood with Accrington when remembering home bars. Fleetwood’s was less sophisticated than Accrington’s but still welcoming. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Jim’s bar ?
    Yes mate. The social club at the ground. Great place.
  • Options
    edited March 11
    3 mates and myself doing Fleetwood on Saturday upcoming - making a w/e of it - staying in Lytham St Anne’s on Saturday night - booked (what reviews suggest) a cracking Indian restaurant for Saturday evening - Sunday we are going on to Blackpool Pleasure Beach 

Pre match - going to the ‘Steamer’ pub in Fleetwood - apparently still owned and run by Syd Little - for those of my age and older - of ‘Little and Large’ fame - he’s about 80 now, but still pulling pints - we are gonna (hopefully) gonna get to meet him 😀
    https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/people/the-steamer-pub-and-restaurant-in-fleetwood-all-set-for-big-reopening-tomorrow-2903402

Get a picture with him and stick it on here :)
  • Options
    Friday afternoon  arrival in Blackpool for us. Two nights on the piss including The Castle, The Victoria, Ma Kellys, Soul Suite and The Little Black Pug rinse and repeat 😀. Can't beat it... oh yeah and the football if we have to.👍 
  • Options
    takes me over 5 hours to get to. that's a 10 hour round trip (maths GCE boi) so no i will not be going, just as well, petrol is expensive (1.49 locally), trains are unreliable and there is no way I can sit on a coach that long without getting drunk. (the coach doesn't allow alcohol so no way am i going that far to basically Scandinavia without being half cut) good luck to those that do. bring a coat. 
  • Options
    2 of us on 08.30, staying at the premier inn in Blackpool Saturday night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 of us on the 8.30 last ground in league 1 to tick off for me, until next season.
  • Options
    Two of us going. Up and down on the same day for me. 
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Two of us going, few beers in Poulton then a pub crawl in Fleetwood 
  • Options
    Full respect 
    long long trip,  not a new ground 
    nowt to play for (surely we’re safe)
    Will prolly be our last visit there for a while(let’s hope so)
  • Options
    Looking like 8.30 out of Euston will have plenty of Addicks on it - my group of 4 are on that as well
  • Options
    Yep looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    Wanted to do this but everytime it came round, circumstances stopped me from doing so!

Enjoy the trip guys and hopefully rewarded with a lovely 3 points.
  • Options
    I've done Fleetwood twice including when Fosu got his hat trick. 
    That day we changed at Blackpool or somewhere and most of the team travelled back in our carriage. 
    Not going this Saturday as the trains are a pain in the bum at the moment. 
    Safe travels all who are going and hopefully bring back three points. 
  • Options
    edited March 12

I got my photo taken with Syd a few years ago. He and his missus ran the "Little restaurant" at one end of the pub, rather than working behind the bar. 

I always enjoy my trips to Fleetwood, sadly can't make it this weekend. The Strawberry Gardens and the Spoons (Thomas Drummond) are both decent pubs as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two of us from Manchester region. One and and half hours drive, so less demanding than the Southern counterparts!!
  • Options
    Anyone know if tickets can be bought at the ground on the day ?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Yes, tickets will be available.
  • Options
    Me and a Polish man from work are going, his first taste of Charlton 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    It'll be more sedate than what he's used to back home.
  • Options
    edited March 13
    LTKapal said:
    And last probably
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Cheers Elf’s I will drive up it’s only 90 mins from me but I will still be gutted if you are wrong 😂 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Cheers Elf’s I will drive up it’s only 90 mins from me but I will still be gutted if you are wrong 😂 
    Go in the home end if all else fails mate, but I cannot see it as a problem.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Go in the home end if all else fails mate, but I cannot see it as a problem.
    Cheers mate I rang our ticket office this morning and bought 2 tickets which I can collect from Fleetwoods ticket office on the day
  • Options

Tickets for Saturday's trip to Fleetwood go off sale at 1pm on Friday afternoon.

Subject to availability, remaining tickets can be purchased (card only) from the Ticket Office located by Highbury Stadium's Parkside Stand on matchday, with no price increase.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-fleetwood-town-v-charlton-0