Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• FT 1-1
  • Joke match really.
  • That wss truly dreadful.
  • thenewbie said:
    Gribbo said:
    thenewbie said:
    Gribbo said:
    Ladapo is a bad luck charm 
    I think the football is our bad luck charm. Everytime one appears, we're shit
    We're literally in the best form we've been in all season. Which is a very low bar yes and today is a crap game but the classic Charlton Life overreaction seems to have kicked off already.
    I'm usually one of the more over optimistic on here mate, but this has been terrible performance so far imo. 
    Yes it has I am not doubting that. But one bad performance is suddenly drawing comparisons to Appleton.

Play like this a few games in a row and THEN we start worrying. One bad day is just... a bad day.
    You quoted me, but I've not mentioned Appleton?
  • Gutted.  Still need three points to avoid finishing bottom.
  • Thank eff that is over!
  • Hope they go down so we never have to play there again. Another in the Accrington bucket.
  • That was shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Never want to see Ladapo in a Charlton shirt again.
  • Thank God thats over with. Feel for the travelling fans today
  • Comfortably the worst performance under Jones
  • Oh dear. But thanks everyone.
  • Why are we so bad at playing rubbish teams?
  • 1-1 2 points dropped. Absolutely rubbish teams both of them. 
  • edited March 16
    thenewbie said:
    Gribbo said:
    We're literally in the best form we've been in all season. Which is a very low bar yes and today is a crap game but the classic Charlton Life overreaction seems to have kicked off already.
    But if you're looking at potential for next season, we should be finishing with some decent performances such as our outings when NJ first came in. 

This game is just two sides that deserve to be near the relegation places, which doesn't bode well for us next year. 
    You genuinely think NJ won’t recruit in the summer? You honestly think this will be the starting 11 come August? 
    Are we signing 18 players and having a 40 man squad?

Most of these players have contracts going into next season. So depends how many we're able to ship on elsewhere. 
  • Thank you all for the updates, I can only hope that the rugby is better...
  • 1 more point than we had at 3pm. 

Another 3 should do it, although probably  safe already. 10 points plus a much better GD. And the bottom 4 cant get a win between them.....let alone at least one getting 4. 

• Sponsored links:

• Dreadful waste of a tenner.  Thought Jones should have made the subs earlier.
  • Man alive that was awful but the unbeaten run continues. Fleetwood also fighting for their lives so not going to roll over.
  • Shit football!
  • Chunes said:
    Remind me not to bother watching this fixture next year. What a grubby club that drag you down to their level. Think I'd rather have a weekly root canal than a Fleetwood season ticket
    They’re doing what they need to do to try and survive in a division which is well above their “natural” level. Nothing wrong with that. If we can’t beat such a shit team, and more that that needed our keeper to keep us in it, that’s very much on us. 
  • Not sure why Ladapo is being scapegoated. He wasn’t great but no one was. Made some decent runs creating more attacks when he was on than in the 80 mins before. 
  • Can’t win them all… frustrating given their position but on the bright side we may have lost this a few weeks ago so still an improvement 
  • Shite game.

Good point, but should have won.

Dreadful last 25 mins by us - NJ should have changed it.

• Dazzler21 said:
    So all the time we've been leading you've not been here @Brown59, however as soon as Fleetwood draw level here you are, cheering and begging for us to lose.
    For you info I’ve been in casualty with my daughter who is 5 as she fell down some stairs. Only just been able to watch the last bit. I’ll take your apology. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Gribbo said:
    But if you're looking at potential for next season, we should be finishing with some decent performances such as our outings when NJ first came in. 

This game is just two sides that deserve to be near the relegation places, which doesn't bode well for us next year. 
    You genuinely think NJ won’t recruit in the summer? You honestly think this will be the starting 11 come August? 
    Are we signing 18 players and having a 40 man squad?

Most of these players have contracts going into next season. So depends how many we're able to ship on elsewhere. 
    We’re unbeaten in 7 and had a shocker today. Somehow you’ve equated a poor performance today after a run of good ones with relegation next year, despite the fact we have the chance to add to the undoubted talent we have in certain areas already.

yes we have some dead wood to shift, but we don’t need to buy 18 players to do that
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!