Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    HT 0-1
  • Options
    God that was ugly. 
  • Options
    My main worry at half time is that one of their thugs is going to seriously injure one of our players 
  • Options
    Can't believe the pic stopped for the penalty, which was just about the only thing worth watching. 
  • Options
    People saying the defender was unlucky for the pen - not for me. He swung a boot at the ball, missed it and caught May. He needed to time his kick better, be more aware of his opponent or both. Poor defending and stonewall pen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    When you’re down nothing goes your way. Feel sorry for FT, but those are always given.
    Take note @KingKinsella, Alfie May's closing down won the penalty. 
    Yes and I have said it’s been unproductive. And it still is till he gets 5/6 that way. But a good start
  • Options
    Disappointing performance and we’re still miles away from looking fluid. Where’s Wickham ?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    21 goals in the league now for May, 23 in total I think. Given just how bad we were for how long that's one hell of an achievement, penalties or not.
    He’s that kind of striker.

0 in 3, then 15 in 15, then 1 in 13, then 5 in 5
  • Options
    God that was ugly. 
    Yes it was. Rather win a poor game than lose a great one though.
  • Options
    Proper gritty performance so far aside from a couple of lucky scrambles in the box we look soo much more solid and less panick stricken under Jones when dealing with pressure,the odd times we have got the ball down we have looked like creating just the pitch isn't conducive to that style today just hope we compete again and get some better chances.
  • Options
    Ugly scrappy game. Don’t think it’s possible to have a nice game on that surface but irregardless we’ve been poor, probably should have had two pens though 
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Shirtliff is an incredibly boring commentator. Just mumbles a few words like a drunk at the bar.
    Yeah, he'll always remain a Charlton hero, but the last thing you need with a game like that is a professional dour Yorkshireman mumbling over it.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    When you’re down nothing goes your way. Feel sorry for FT, but those are always given.
    Yes and I have said it’s been unproductive. And it still is till he gets 5/6 that way. But a good start
    Just going back to your original comment, if player A swipes a kick at the ball and connects with a player it's a foul. It was the right call.  

In regards to your second, Alfie and Daniel's closing has not just won us a penalty here, but in several other games caused mistakes that directly have led to us scoring. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    21 goals in the league now for May, 23 in total I think. Given just how bad we were for how long that's one hell of an achievement, penalties or not.

25 in all competitions now 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Shirtliff is an incredibly boring commentator. Just mumbles a few words like a drunk at the bar.
    Yeah, he'll always remain a Charlton hero, but the last thing you need with a game like that is a professional dour Yorkshireman mumbling over it.
    I think it's fairly appropriate. Verging on pathetic fallacy, yes, but I don't mind a bit of pandering now and then 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

Lol!

Maybe the fact we were totally shite and went 18 games without a win had a teensy weensy impact on those stats, don't you think?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    As unproductive as Lyle Taylor? ;) 

That's not why teams press but ho hum
  • Options
    Glad we're winning, pitch is atrocious, wind swirling around, awful opposition = crap game.
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Off_it said:
    thenewbie said:

Lol!

Maybe the fact we were totally shite and went 18 games without a win had a teensy weensy impact on those stats, don't you think?
    I wasn’t trying to make any point. It obviously ties together that you’re more likely to lose when your striker can’t find the net.
  • Options
    Glad we're winning, pitch is atrocious, wind swirling around, awful opposition = crap game.
    And second half, "we have the wind" 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    thenewbie said:

Lol!

I wasn’t trying to make any point. It obviously ties together that you’re more likely to lose when your striker can’t find the net.
    Or when your team is playing shite your striker is less likely to score.
  • Options
  • Options

Att: 3,401 with 551 Addicks fans.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Our corners are just so,so poor. Every single one.
    In the history of the club 
    Crossing is pretty bad too.
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to the stream? firestick playing up ffs. TIA
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!