Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year Vote

As we approach the end of another season, it is time to cast your vote for Player of the Year. Voting will remain open until 10pm on Friday, 12th April, and all you need to do is click on the link, although this year you will additionally be asked to quote your fan number. Sorry for the additional admin, but this is necessary as we have to counter attempts by some sad supporters of other clubs who may try to derail the process and those who may try multiple voting. Hopefully, this will also deter the Chinese government.
                                Charlton Athletic Player Of The Year 2024 

Comments

• Options
    Toughest one in a long time and not for a good reason. In the end I've gone with Kanu. 6 goals and 2 assists so far is a brilliant return for a player who spent some time away on loan and has had to work his way into a squad managed by 5 different managers so far this season. He's played 1,469 minutes so he's involved in a goal every 183 minutes and he's been an absolutely key part of our revival under Jones. We're unbeaten since he became a starter for Jones and he contributes massively from the front with his work ethic. He's a massive part of why we're not all sweating bullets about relegation anymore and hopefully he'll contribute a few more goals in the last seven games to up his tally even more. Also I maybe forgot Alfie May existed.
  • Options
    I’ve gone for May - was a toss up between him and Chem Campbell
  • Options
    I refuse to vote because there is no vegetable option and I refuse to pay £999 just to vote wibble wibble

Can't see beyond Alfie.

YPOTY would have been between TC and Miles early on but now it's either Kanu or Karoy.

Karoy for me by a whisker.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Alfie May by a Country mile. No one else even close to challenging him this season. 

Your fan id will be the ticket page when you sign in and on your season ticket 
    Re fan ID - didn’t know mine so just put in 2. Which which was accepted. I’ll probably use 3 - 10,000 when I put my Campbell votes in. 
  • Options
    Alfie May by a country mile . Having said that I can’t vote as I’ve no idea what a fan number is . 
  • Options
    May, May and May
  • Options
    There's only one candidate Alfie May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slobodan Tedic for me... (I havent really voted)
  • Options
    Alfie May, and it’s not even close.

2nd place is the real debate to be had.
  • Options
    For @Bedsaddick and anyone else having trouble locating their fan ID, you need to go to booking.cafc.co.uk and once you're logged in, it's the number in brackets next to your name in the top lefthand corner.

• Options
    Not one player has been consistent and I include May in that , however without his goals we could be screwed. No body else has played enough games . Although likes of Small , Anderson and Kanu have had good small runs , my unpopular vote would go to Terrell Thomas who has always given 100% in when called upon :) 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Toughest one in a long time and not for a good reason. In the end I've gone with Kanu. 6 goals and 2 assists so far is a brilliant return for a player who spent some time away on loan and has had to work his way into a squad managed by 5 different managers so far this season. He's played 1,469 minutes so he's involved in a goal every 183 minutes and he's been an absolutely key part of our revival under Jones. We're unbeaten since he became a starter for Jones and he contributes massively from the front with his work ethic. He's a massive part of why we're not all sweating bullets about relegation anymore and hopefully he'll contribute a few more goals in the last seven games to up his tally even more. Also I maybe forgot Alfie May existed.
    Each to their own but I don’t think it’s that tough a choice this year. Over the course of a season it has to be Alfie May. He’s had some bad patches, but his goals return in an abysmal team is incredible. We would be fecked without those goals. 
    I genuinely forgot about him right up until after I'd voted and started writing that post. I don't know what happened to me
    Don’t worry, I’ve been trying to erase this season from my memory too! 
  • Options
    There's only one candidate Alfie May.
    Or Fraser
  • Options
    ......is the an award for Player Of The Year If Played In Exact Position Award, because we'd have a shortlist as long as your arm according to most on here
  • Options
    For me. Definitely May for player of the year. Hard for young player of the year between Kanu and Anderson.

Anderson struggled for the most part (but then it is not his fault). He was thrown in at the deep end. He has played a part (and scored in 2 goals) in games that have guaranteed our League 1 Status. But Kanu has worked his socks off for the benefit of the team, been unselfish. If small had been here for the start, he would be player or young player of the year. Here is hoping that this time next year, we will be pushing for promotion and it will be hard to choose which player for player of the year and young player of the year as they have all one so well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May is the obvious choice but I'll stick with George. Gives 100% every game. 
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Abankwah.

Never put a foot wrong all season & was instrumental in our tightly fought local derby against Cray Valley Paper Mills
  • Options
    Alfie this year, with Dobbo a close second.

I'd go for Daniel Kanu as YPOTY. Karoy has been excellent in patches but he struggled quite a lot under Appleton, including getting bossed by a Cray Valley Paper Mills midfielder at the Valley. 
  • Options
    Zheng Zhi
  • Options
    Voted, Alfie May obviously, but a quick question there wasn’t an option to vote for young player of the year.
    How is that decided?
  • Options
    The Young Player of the Year is organised by Valley Gold and voted for by their members.
  • Options
    The Young Player of the Year is organised by Valley Gold and voted for by their members.
    Thank you for that, my husband and son are members so no doubt they will vote, probably for Kanu.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    May is the obvious choice but I'll stick with George. Gives 100% every game. 
    May is the obvious choice, so I'll pick someone else  :D
  • Options
    This table is correct upto the Fleetwood match.
    Where do I find my fan ID number???????

• Options
    So the Statbank team of the year would be:

Isted

Small, Jones, REG, Thomas

Coventry Watson Dobson

Kanu Aneke May