Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Belgium 7.45pm (Channel 4)

Mainoo and Toney apparently set for their first starts. Rice will captain the side.

Also apparently in the second half the players will play without their names on the back of their shirts to raise awareness of their partnership with Alzheimer's Society.

Comments

• Options
    Pickford, Konsa, Stones, Dunk, Chilwell, Rice, Mainoo, Foden, Bellingham, Bowen, Toney.
  • Options
    Not sure what we get out of playing Pickford again, and i can't imagine Pep is too pleased at seeing Stones and Foden starting.
  • Options
    How the hell is Dunk ahead of Gomez?!
  • Options
    What the hell was that 
  • Options
    Is Joey Barton going to tweet that one?
  • Options
    FFS, defending like Charlton. 
  • Options
    Southgate out. Time to get Big Sam back!
  • Options
    I imagine Arteta is happy that Walker and Stones were playing for England, while Ben White was resting at home...
  • Options
    Stig said:
    FFS, defending like Charlton. 
    Two ex-Charlton defenders and within a minute the goalkeeper loses the plot and gifts a goal. You don’t see that often…oh, hang on
  • Options
    edited March 26
    So why do the likes of Belgium not piss around and play their best team to tune up (with no players pulling out left right and centre with injuries before training with their club the next day).

And we have a mid table prem back 4 with Saka, Kane, Walker blatantly fit enough to play for their club if the game was tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice penalty from Toney
  • Options
    You'd not think England had scored reading this thread eh 
  • Options
    Toney as much as I hate to say it, is better in this setup than Watkins, did really well to hold up the ball and bring others into play for a move a moment ago.

We were missing that on Saturday
  • Options
    Appreciate Southgate for changing the culture of the England team, but are there better managers out there that are more likely to bring success? Yes
  • Options
    Mainoo is such a good player, even at the age of 18 and with just 20 or so first team appearances for United. Whether it is too soon to say that he will be Rice's partner in the Euros is difficult to say but he certainly will be in time.

It was also good to hear, in commentary, recognition of Joe Gomez' footballing intelligence in adapting to certain situations. He's been doing that all season for Liverpool and surely that, with his natural ability and pace, makes him a certainty for the squad? 

• Options
    Especially after that issue with the cross on the collar I just wished we would play in our own colours
  • Options
    Oh dear Dunk!
  • Options
    Dunk sadly showing he shouldn't be playing at international level this week
  • Options
    Dunk playing himself out of the Euros squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as I take the piss out of Lukaku, that ball was class
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Dunk playing himself out of the Euros squad
    Thankfully. Really wouldn’t want to go in to a tournament with him in the squad.
  • Options
    fuck sake. it is like watching charlton at the back. Pickford passes to the opposition. Annoyingly Tiemans was 11/1 to score and i declined the option.  Now we give the ball away and Dunk tries a fairy kick.
  • Options
    Chilwell, especially with his delivery, has been really poor in both games. 
  • Options
    Agree - so why is Southgate playing him? He’s miles off the standard required…… I would stick Konsa in the middle next to Gomez….. or Chalobah….. or Tomori……. Or even Eric Dier for fucks sake.

Gareth doesn’t help himself with decisions like that.
  • Options
    As much as I take the piss out of Lukaku, that ball was class
    Twas a thing of beauty tbf. Decent header too.
  • Options
    Age old complaint I know - Belgium play in red - we play in white - why are both teams wearing such rubbish kits - especially Belgium, which is awful 

FA need to grow a pair and tell kit supplier to do one 
  • Options
    Is Konsa or Gomez playing full back?
  • Options
    I might be wrong but I think when he came on Gomez was playing CB but has now swapped with Konsa and is at RB
  • Options
    Gomez full back now