Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic | Tuesday 9 April 24 | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Was told that Jones wanted to bring Wickham and Aneke off the bench after 65 minutes but the EFL blocked it on the grounds of cruelty to defenders.

I hope we do see more of Wickham, perhaps starting with May, and they having Kanu and Aneke fresh to come on after an hour.

Having such as fit squad is a novelty for any recent Charlton manager but I don't expect many changes.   Jones in for Hector or Thomas, perhaps.

Really want to see Coventry step up.  A very neat and tidy player, moves the ball well but not seeing many goals or assists, as yet. Maybe tonight.

As much as I'm enjoying not losing, unbeaten runs are a bit meaningless as it is points that matter and too many of the games in this run have been draws.  

Unbeaten runs are also of little value now, when the season is as good as over.  Good for confidence in the team and for the fans but let's see us go 11 unbeaten at the start of next season.

Wigan's season is over and they aren't in good form so I'm expecting another open game with plenty of chances at both ends so 0 - 0 it is.
    He’s our holding midfielder? If you’re waiting for him to start getting regular goal contributions you are going to be waiting a while. He’s got 1 goal and 3 assists in his whole career, that’s not his job 
  • Options
    Wigan's manager is the sort who changes half the team every game so there's no guarantee Sean Clare will start (or even play) but I know he's travelled. I hope he gets an appreciative welcome and goes on to be on the losing side. 
  • Options
    The battle for 12th place heats up. Not a fan of Wigan usually because they often beat us and finish higher in the table. But they do play football so credit where its due and the match should be good. Honours even, 1-1.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I normally get the train to home games, but will be driving tonight. Does all the parking nonsense apply for evening games? Thanks. 
    Restrictions end at 6.30pm on Anchor and Hope Lane.
  • Options
    Good review as ever Sage, though you're being a bit harsh on Shaun Maloney in a season where Wigan have had 8 points deducted. To keep them comfortably midtable is a decent job.
    He’s done well to get them where they are, I just see him as very mediocre and his record in general is nothing aspiring. With that, I don’t see them as challengers next season. There have been some shocking teams in this league this season and with some of the quality Wigan have, it’s not a surprise to me that they got themselves out of it. But credit to him for getting them away from trouble early on.
  • Options
    Live stream showing countdown stuck at 14:59? Anyone seeing anything different?
  • Options
    Wickham and Lualua on bench, no Jones or Ladapo
  • Options
    Moving OK now

• Options
    Is Jones injured?
  • Options
    Commentators must love Wigan. 3 Smiths in the starting lineup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Jones injured?
    Nah, just got a new fancy bird who stops him from going out much. 
  • Options
    Live stream showing countdown stuck at 14:59? Anyone seeing anything different?
    Yep, now counting down to 7pm. I swear I saw  something saying the programme was starting at 18:45 instead of normal time of 45 minutes before ko.
  • Options
    Hoping it’s another entertaining game. 
    3-1