Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie May? What's he worth?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The only priority for next season is gaining promotion. Alfie has proved beyond any doubt that he has goals in him and that’s been with an indifferent team around him. He’ll hopefully have better service and support next season. He’ll score goals which we’ll need. His age means that no team with real money to spend will pay anything more than £500k for him and it’ll cost at least as much to replace him. TBH I’m more concerned about a PL bid coming in for Kanu.
    Kanu OR Leaburn might be more expendable if we can get a good price for either AND invest in a quality experienced striker to partner Alfie. We have to get out of L1, so butter today might be better than jam tomorrow...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I just asked him.  He’s happy here.  Next topic please 
    They all say that. They are taught to say that.He may well mean it.......for the moment  . Times running out for him (by most players standards). Then a better club comes knocking, better money, higher standard league, playing with better colleagues, scoring as many or more goals with more opportunities...he would be an idiot not to move. And he's not an idiot.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Did you ask him how much he thinks he is worth?
    I didn’t.  I will try to catch  him in the morning and ask hom.  Or after the game tonight if I see him
  • Options
    The only priority for next season is gaining promotion. Alfie has proved beyond any doubt that he has goals in him and that’s been with an indifferent team around him. He’ll hopefully have better service and support next season. He’ll score goals which we’ll need. His age means that no team with real money to spend will pay anything more than £500k for him and it’ll cost at least as much to replace him. TBH I’m more concerned about a PL bid coming in for Kanu.
    Kanu OR Leaburn might be more expendable if we can get a good price for either AND invest in a quality experienced striker to partner Alfie. We have to get out of L1, so butter today might be better than jam tomorrow...
    It’s a reality of league one life and provided it progresses the club, I’m ok with it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Excellent, thanks Nathan.
  • Options
    £3m 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Did you ask him how much he thinks he is worth?
    I didn’t.  I will try to catch  him in the morning and ask hom.  Or after the game tonight if I see him
    Ask him does he think NJ rates him and how he feels about being subbed these last two matches 
  • Options
    One club who might be willing to overpay both in terms of a transfer fee and his wages is Wrexham. 
    V good point 
  • Options
    Wrexham’s record signing is still Ollie Palmer 2 years ago for £300k.They are hardly spending big fees on players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wrexham’s record signing is still Ollie Palmer 2 years ago for £300k.They are hardly spending big fees on players.
    True, although they are paying big salaries, hence why they were able to take on league 1 and 2 players when still non-league.
  • Options
    edited April 11
    True, although they are paying big salaries, hence why they were able to take on league 1 and 2 players when still non-league.
    To even stand a chance of getting Alfie would require an unbelievable fee offer plus high salary something I would be confident Wrexham wouldn’t offer .I also have every confidence this  Charlton board wouldn’t accept anything less.  May is no O’Connell who we could afford  to let go.