Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Wigan Athletic : Tuesday 9th April 2024 : KO 19:45

So tonight, the Wigan Wagon rolls into town for the third in the trilogy of home games, and after Saturdays performance against Barnsley, I am expecting great things...be nice wouldn't it to get back to back victories at The Valley, and why not!!
Wigan sit three places and two points above us in 13th place, and tonight we could be swapping places with them with three points to extend our unbeaten run to 12 matches

We've clashed with Wigan on 17 previous occasions, winning seven, the Latics winning seven, with the remaining three meetings resulting in draws, Alfie May bagged a brace and Corey Blackett-Taylor was also on the scoresheet in the reverse fixture in October 2023, when we claimed a well deserved 3-2 triumph, after going 0-3 up before half time all seemed rosy, we had a nervy finish but hung on to claim our first victory on the road...so, a double up and coming?

Here we go...

Tennai Watson returns to the Charlton starting line-up for tonight's game against Wigan Athletic.

Kayne Ramsay moves to the bench where he is joined by Connor Wickham, who is in the squad for the first time since making his debut against Carlisle United.

It means the Addicks are likely to again line up with Terell Thomas, Michael Hector, who is set to make his 50th Charlton appearance, and Macaulay Gillesphey in a back three in front of goalkeeper Harry Isted.

Watson and Thierry Small are expected to operate as wing-backs with Conor Coventry, skipper George Dobson, and Karoy Anderson operating as a midfield three.

23-goal Alfie May once again partners Daniel Kanu up front.

Ramsay and Wickham are joined on the bench by Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Tyreeq Bakinson, Tyreece Campbell, Kazenga LuaLua and Chuks Aneke. 

Charlton: Isted; Thomas, Hector, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Ramsay, Bakinson, Campbell, LuaLua, Wickham, Aneke

Comments

• Options
    No REG on the bench.
  • Options
    Still no Jones and find it odd no CH on the bench seeing the system we play, where is REG?
  • Options
    Golfie must be in heaven looking how attacking that bench is.

I presume if something happens to one of our CB’s we will move to a diamond or some other variation with a back 4. 
  • Options
    Or you play Tennai or Ramsay as a third CB in a pinch. I know Tennai has done it for MK in the past but I wouldn’t want him there regularly.

I like the variety of options of the bench. Clearly wants to be front footed and go for all three points.
  • Options
    Looks like Nathan Jones has worked out which defenders he wants to see again next season eh
  • Options
    Sean Clare also back from injury just in time to score against us.

Be interesting to see him up against Small. 
  • Options
    Still no Jones and find it odd no CH on the bench seeing the system we play, where is REG?
    Well Nathan Jones is not going to tell us anything.

Hope we don’t have to bring the substitute’s on to get us out of trouble?
  • Options
    Golfie must be in heaven looking how attacking that bench is.

I presume if something happens to one of our CB’s we will move to a diamond or some other variation with a back 4. 
    Shame I'm not going or even watching the stream. Hopefully Sky will show the goals so I look forward to a glut of them after 9pm when they are all on the pitch 😉.

• Options
    As I've just said in the preview thread, Jones must be all loved up & his new girlfriend wont let him out......especially not at night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe NJ is planning to shift to 4 at the back at some point so he can use both wingers, TC and LL
  • Options
    Hoping for a relaxing win - 3- 0 Addicks, May, Kanu and Chuks to score
  • Options
    Interesting that there’s only 1 loan player in the squad
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Says it all really. Loanees this season have been a total disaster.
  • Options
    Seems by picking Dobbo that Jones is making point to the owners to stick hands in pockets and make sure he stays
  • Options
    State of play at 7:14pm

Plenty of time for people to roll in before kick off, must be 50+ minutes before we start ...

😉
  • Options
    Wigan fielding 3 Smiths but only 1 Matt Smith
  • Options
    Traffic stopped me attending and now I’ve just got hime the Lionesses have stopped me bothering with a stream…at least it won’t be me to jinx the win…
  • Options
    Apologies for the delay in stickying this, as I'm having broadband issues tonight. Hopefully it'll be sorted out by kick-off
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Good luck and respect for the guy walking to Cambridge for charity next Saturday...✅
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    Yup. Looks like he has also now decided to say thanks but no thanks to Ladapo.
  • Options
    Think the old Lisbie's hat trick V Liverpool is wearing a bit thin on Kev...great as it was...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    This match thread seems as sparsely populated as the crowd.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Yup. Looks like he has also now decided to say thanks but no thanks to Ladapo.
    Well, a lot of us already have.
  • Options
    19:44 Match sponsors walk to centre circle ...
  • Options
    Whats going on... The teams are out on the pitch, but its not 7:46pm yet? 
  • Options
    Final game of the season for me tonight. Hoping to finish of the season with the win. 
  • Options
    Pretty happy to see Unsteady Freddie out of the squad, would rather we see what Casey can do at this point but happier to see Wickham fit again as a trial 
  • Options
    19:45 Team captains join the party ...
  • Options
    A midweek game when everyone is having to rush to the ground from home or work, and they start almost on time  :D
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!