Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unbeaten run…

Comments

• Options
    How many did we go without a win before we started the unbeaten run? 

• Options
    A draw is closer to a loss than a win in terms of points. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    But it also builds momentum and positivity in the side, so DWDDDDDWDDWDWDD, Whilst only containing 4 wins and 22 points reads better than LWLWLWLWDWLWLWL which is 7 wins and 7 losses for the same 22 points
  • Options
    I'm not sure draws in themselves breed positivity. It's recent form which breeds positivity, so WWWWWWDDDDDD would feel quite deflating when compared to LLLLWWWWWWWW, for the same number of points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's about changing a failing losing culture which has set in at the club for a number of years now and thinking with a positive mindset that you start winning and breed a winning culture instead that will help get our club further up the football pyramid.
  • Options
    edited April 16
    se9addick said:
    THIS. 👏👏👏👏👏

How many points have Man City & Pompey got on their unbeaten runs compared to ours ?

Yes, Nathan Jones is a saint & out saviour. Yes, in years to.come the West Stand will be named after him. But currently most of the "unbeaten run" have been draws....and a few have been where we have been leading & have then been pegged back. 

So lets not get all high & mighty just because we've not lost in 13. The more important aspect is how many we've not won. 

I would be the first to applaud if the 13 unbeaten were actually 13 straight wins, like in 99/00. 

Now THERE'S something to applaud !
  • Options
    edited April 16
    Well there you go then. It's been a great season after all !
  • Options
    It’s the only highlight of the season. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The undefeated run gets me excited, because it shows what Jones can do with this bunch of rabble. And I'm left to imagine what he's going to be able to do after the summer. 
    That really depends on what players are brought in (and who goes) during the summer to turn some of those draws into wins and holding onto the likes of May. But he's clearly got more out of the existing squad than the previous manager.

I'm conscious to not believe he's a miracle worker, we need decent recruitment in the summer and to continue to build on that over the next coupe of windows/years.

Only time will tell as to what he can/can't bring in and how well we recruit. It's not goals we've lacked in the main (only 9 goals less than Portsmouth) but our conceding of nearly 1.5 goals a game. We've kept two clean sheets I believe under Jones, both of which were 0-0.

It's hard to see many of the existing squad from the midfield back that he'll ideally wish to keep, but some of that will be out of his control as to who is still under contract/can be sold/released. You still have the likes of McGrandles, Fraser, Jones and others that will still be under contract and potentially may be hard to move on without hurting the budget.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    THIS. 👏👏👏👏👏

How many points have Man City & Pompey got on their unbeaten runs compared to ours ?

Yes, Nathan Jones is a saint & out saviour. Yes, in years to.come the West Stand will be named after him. But currently most of the "unbeaten run" have been draws....and a few have been where we have been leading & have then been pegged back. 

So lets not get all high & mighty just because we've not lost in 13. The more important aspect is how many we've not won. 

I would be the first to applaud if the 13 unbeaten were actually 13 straight wins, like in 99/00. 

Now THERE'S something to applaud !
    With this group of players it is something to applaud. Yes they could have and should have won a couple more in there, but the difference was prior to Jones they would have lost a number of those drawn games after leading. 
  • Options
    Glammed up a little bit, seeing we've drawn so many games

On a plus note, if Jones could put that type of belief into this current squad - It gives you a little bit of hope for next season, if he can do it with his squad, provided he's given the tools and the right players to do it.
    Ok because an unbeaten run is only ever good if you win all of the games you don't lose?

Cast your mind back 6 months fella!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Bless some of you, it's an unbeaten run of 13, but it's not a good unbeaten run. The mental gymnastics you put yourselves through is something else
     There has to be some sort of football counselling professionals that see support bases that have been so far through the mill that there grasp of reality has been seriously damaged.
    If there isn't there should be.
    We are such a wounded bunch. 
  • Options
    edited April 16
    I’m really sorry I just can not get excited about it. If when Jones joined you said to everyone when Jones joined we would go 13 games unbeaten, with 2 games to go, I and sure most would have thought…… crikey we made the playoffs.

We haven’t even made mid table……. This massive undefeated run has moved us up 4 or 5 places…. Wow.
  • Options
    I’m really sorry I just can not get excited about it. If when Jones joined you said to everyone when Jones joined we would go 13 games unbeaten, with 2 games to go, I and sure most would have thought…… crikey we made the playoffs.

We haven’t even made mid table……. This massive undefeated run has moved us up 4 or 5 places…. Wow.
     The delusional would.
  • Options
    edited April 16
    se9addick said:
    However, a draw takes two points from the other team as well. So depends on who you’re playing as to whether three drawers is better than one win and two losses.