Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Evans

2»

Comments

• Options
    A good appointment by Rotherham. 
    Whatever anyone's view is of him it must be said that he's a very good manager at league one level. 
    Would you want him at Charlton?
  • Options
    The Valley cafe would see its turnover double.
  • Options
    A major job to turn a dispirited Rotherham team into promotion contenders. Steve Evans has a lot on his plate.
    His waistline suggests that as well.
  • Options
    Nailed on Stevenage will get relegated now but would expect Rotherham to be up there even more now

The very definition of a yo yo club 
    Agreed. But there is one man who might save them.

Michael Appleton step forward!
  • Options
    edited April 18
    Bit of a strange appointment IMO. Suppose they just wanted something that would please the fans and remind them of better times ahead of season ticket renewals…

He last got promoted out of this league ten years ago. Really struggled at a couple of clubs before he turned it around in a last ditch effort at Stevenage.

What he did there has been impressive but I get the impression he’s very much at his ceiling as a manager.

I’d have stuck with Leam Richardson personally…
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Looks as though it'll make Rotherham - who would likely have been a threat anyway - stronger next season, but considerably weaken Stevenage.
    Stevenage had faded in the second half of the season anyway. I imagine Evans saw that they had reached their plateau.
    Reaching for a gateau more his style 
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Looks as though it'll make Rotherham - who would likely have been a threat anyway - stronger next season, but considerably weaken Stevenage.
    Stevenage had faded in the second half of the season anyway. I imagine Evans saw that they had reached their plateau.
    Still to be fair,fatty arbuckle did a great job there- yep fat shaming and love it 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    A good appointment by Rotherham. 
    Whatever anyone's view is of him it must be said that he's a very good manager at league one level. 
    Would you want him at Charlton?
    Anyone who can get us out of this absolutely dog shite league, if that meant Billy Bunter so be it
  • Options
    15 pints of lager and a well appointed buffet cart with three different types of mash and four different types of gravy and he's anybody's allegedly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting, I have always had an inkling that the Millers are Ol Chubby's real love .. he'll have a proper job on his hands sorting out the primo yoyo outfit
  • Options
    Weirdest thing to me is how different Richardson and Evans are in terms of playing style. I don't know anything about how Rotherham played this year but I'm guessing it wasn't hoofball
  • Options
    Personally I can't stand Evans, but he must have something about him other than a large appetite, he seems to get teams playing for him.
  • Options
    Evans has done a great job at Stevenage. 
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Evans has done a great job at Stevenage. 
    I should he done more than a few great jobbies at Stevenage!
  • Options
    Personally I can't stand Evans, but he must have something about him other than a large appetite, he seems to get teams playing for him.
    He says to his players 'if you have a bad game I will fall on you'.
  • Options
    He thrives on turning his teams into bullies and victims. Most of his sides are horrible to watch as they are a mix of off-the-ball shithousery and constant crying to the officials for free kicks, cards etc. 
  • Options
    It will end in tears sooner than they hope.
  • Options
    edited April 20
    He thrives on turning his teams into bullies and victims. Most of his sides are horrible to watch as they are a mix of off-the-ball shithousery and constant crying to the officials for free kicks, cards etc. 
    I think that is true to a point, but I would argue that most professional teams employ shithousery and quite a few non professional ones too. At least Evans' teams are a bit more honest about it. Unless all teams employ the ethos of Corinthian Casuals we rely on refs to ensure fair play, not managers. A manager has to look at what he has got and what he can realistically get and work out the best way to get results from there and Evans is good at that from what I have seen. Warnock too.