Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is a carvery?

The club emailed me today promoting a Father’s Day ‘carvery’.
I don’t know what that even is.

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    You wouldn't like it. It involves whole joints of meat being sliced up in front of you and transferred to your plate. (As in Toby Carvery).
    You’re right.
    The email seems to have been sent out by mistake.
  • Options
    Carvery are a company described as an Aladdin’s Cave for automobiles. Will be rivalling We Buy Any Car by 2026
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 22
    Where you pay for a small or medium plate, get your roast meats added to it, then pile it so high with veggies and trimmings that you can barely see over the top of it as you stagger back to your seat buckling under the weight.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    seth plum said:
    As a Father and loyal Season Ticket holder I am deeply upset that the club haven't contacted me re this! I love a good carve up:smiley: 
  • Options
    edited April 22
    SamB09 said:
    Chunes said:
    google.com
    If people googled everything there would be less conversation and amusing threads.
    People DO Google everything!
  • Options
    Seth, ignore all the posts about food above, they are clearly on the wind up.

it means you have been pulled out of the hat to do the first cross bar challenge next season
  • Options
    Carvery (n) - Headquarters of the Football Association where they decide what's best for football fans.
  • Options
    Couple that lack of knowledge with Dulwich being your favourite non-league side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Seth, you really don't help yourself sometimes
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Oh Seth, you really don't help yourself sometimes
    I have not once mentioned vegetarianism on this thread, a bit like it not being mentioned by the caterers.

https://gatherandgather.com/

However this is a review from a month ago:

a month ago
    I have had the displeasure of experiencing the catering services provided at my workplace, and to put it bluntly, it was an absolute nightmare. The food served is hands down the worst I've ever had the misfortune of trying. The quality is low, leaving much to be desired. The chicken dishes are consistently undercooked, appearing pink and completely unsuitable for consumption, which is not only unacceptable but also potentially hazardous.
    Moreover, some of the staff responsible for serving the food often exhibit appalling behavior. Their demeanor is consistently rude and impolite.

or

3 months ago
    Exceptionally low quality food, chicken is disgusting consistently finding grey and weird looking chicken bits no amount of batter can hide that, don’t know what type of fish they use but once again not only does it taste poor but it’s tiny portions and yet they charge decent amount of money ,, Birdseye frozen cod fillets from supermarket are 10x better!

or
    10 months ago
    Embarrassed to have served our guests this food. Appalling rip off too. Order from a chain restaurant instead and get something 10 times as nice for a quarter of the price.

Reviews found on the suggested Google site.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    You’re weird
    And you are.....?