Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is a carvery?

Comments

• Options
    I reckon there's a connection between these people who load their plates to the brim with the people who can fill skips to capacity block their toilets. 

• Options
    When we moved to Bromley Common in 2017 I thought we'd use the carvery there often as had always found it nice.
    We hardly used it, it became so popular that the adjacent bar became an overspill for the carvery, the place was dirty, you had to wait so long to get your food.

Try it again. That was seven years ago. I ate there Sunday and it was excellent. Good service, clean and a superb meal. Two or three minutes getting your food, but you would wait much longer than that anywhere.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    I love roasts but hate a carvery. Poor quality meet cooked hours before and left to dry out under heated lights, over cooked veg, uncrispy roast spuds, rock hard or completely soggy yorkies. Ugh. 

With the exception of places like Hawksmoor and a few very good pubs, a roast is better cooked and eaten at home.  
    Add to that you have to go up and queue to get your food. No thanks.
  • Options
    When we moved to Bromley Common in 2017 I thought we'd use the carvery there often as had always found it nice.
    We hardly used it, it became so popular that the adjacent bar became an overspill for the carvery, the place was dirty, you had to wait so long to get your food.

And that’s where you took me and @bl@blackpool72 when we helped you moved house!!!

:)
    But until then our experiences were good. 
  • Options

2017, blimey how time flies. 
  • Options

And that’s where you took me and @bl@blackpool72 when we helped you moved house!!!

Elfs told me it was chapter one.
  • Options
    edited April 24

2017, blimey how time flies. 
    Bloody right mate.

It seems only like yesterday you ripped apart the IKEA wardrobe in two minutes and launched it through the window into the scrap :)
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    I like Toby Carvery Welling
    I like the breakfast in there, no so much the roast
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I was a teenager I used to go the carvery in Wrotham road Welling, think it was the Kitchener ? It was dreadful but was like £3.50 midweek but would get it half price because of one of the barmaids, so couldnt knock it really as a skint 18 year old. 
  • Options
    We used to go to one in I think Chislehurst back in the 80s, all you can eat job but only one visit allowed, some of the plates were stacked so well the blokes should have been civil engineers, never understood how they could transport such a mountain of food safely in one go. 
  • Options
    When I was a teenager I used to go the carvery in Wrotham road Welling, think it was the Kitchener ? It was dreadful but was like £3.50 midweek but would get it half price because of one of the barmaids, so couldnt knock it really as a skint 18 year old. 
    Yeah the Lord Kitchener, they ruined a pub making that a carvery and now it’s a co op and flats
  • Options
    Yeah the Lord Kitchener, they ruined a pub making that a carvery and now it’s a co op and flats
    I was too young to remember it purely as a pub i went once or twice for football presentations, but ultimately it must of changed for a reason. I do remember it had a nice balance of being both a pub and carvery to begin with when it was managed by a guy called Mark (I think ??) who was there quite a few years then it changed management quickly a few times and it became poor pub and poor carvery. 
  • Options
    I was too young to remember it purely as a pub i went once or twice for football presentations, but ultimately it must of changed for a reason. I do remember it had a nice balance of being both a pub and carvery to begin with when it was managed by a guy called Mark (I think ??) who was there quite a few years then it changed management quickly a few times and it became poor pub and poor carvery. 
    It had a decent sized function hall at the back where the carvery ended up and the front was two separate bars (small saloon bar on the right at the front)

Having a carvery there was never really going to work and after the initial novelty wore off the place struggled along before being sold to developers 
  • Options
    We used to go to one in I think Chislehurst back in the 80s, all you can eat job but only one visit allowed, some of the plates were stacked so well the blokes should have been civil engineers, never understood how they could transport such a mountain of food safely in one go. 

• Options
    It had a decent sized function hall at the back where the carvery ended up and the front was two separate bars (small saloon bar on the right at the front)

Having a carvery there was never really going to work and after the initial novelty wore off the place struggled along before being sold to developers 
    Has the Lord Kitchener pub gone now then? - Always remembered it from visiting the shops or going to Wrotham Park for a kick about, especially if I couldnt be bothered to walk down to Danson
  • Options

Has the Lord Kitchener pub gone now then? - Always remembered it from visiting the shops or going to Wrotham Park for a kick about, especially if I couldnt be bothered to walk down to Danson
    The building is still there but it’s a co op downstairs and flats above
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it somewhere they have a stampede in Canada?
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    The Calgary Stampede.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Could be. That's why Jona Lewie wanted to stop it
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The club emailed me today promoting a Father’s Day ‘carvery’.
    I don’t know what that even is.
    You’re weird
    And you are.....?

Do you really need it pointing out?

He is stating the fact that your repetitive, inane posts suggest that you are wierd.

Others on this thread have stated they have come to the conclusion that you are desperately attention seeking.

Yet others have stated you know what a carvery is by highlighting your previous posts.

Hope this simplifies it enough for you.
    It is spelled ‘weird’.

Only five letters, hope that is simple enough for you to spell correctly.

Weird is supposedly speaking for or interpreting others, when you’re actually speaking for yourself.

• Options
    Playground stuff. You’re like 70 aren’t you?
    Are you asking me?
    Or yourself, or everybody?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Playground stuff. You’re like 70 aren’t you?
    Are you asking me?
    Or yourself, or everybody?
    Do you even know your own age @ValleyGary?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The club emailed me today promoting a Father’s Day ‘carvery’.
    I don’t know what that even is.
    Would have been quicker to search the word carvery and read your own previous posts…

What triggered you to search for a carvery thread on CL?