Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League U16 Professional Development League Cup final

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 1
    I really was impressed with our team and thought Tagoe was outstanding. (Liked their number 9 too). Great night, brilliant atmosphere from the young uns around me.
  • Options
    564 in attendance in a spirited crowd. Some Bristol City folk were around us being enthusiastic.
  • Options
    I notice it's called the Premiere League Cup (final) but were Premiere League sides in the competition or was this for Category 2 status teams?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I really was impressed with our team and thought Tagoe was outstanding. (Liked their number 9 too). Great night, brilliant atmosphere from the young uns around me.
    Is he ready for the first team ? I mean is he good Tagoe, apologies.
    Their number nine initially led the line well, and then dropped back in a reshuffle to good effect. I think he was their best player, not that athletic looking, but very effective with a decent touch.
    His name is Leo Pecover, I was glad he wasn’t on for the penalties.

I have to keep reminding myself to not assess these young players by first team standards just yet, and the amount of cramp injuries in the game were astonishing.

There were times near the end when the referee wanted Bristol City to send on a physio, but their coaches were very reluctant because it would’ve meant continuing with ten men for a while, this resulted in the rather pitiful sight of some of the boys hobbling around in pain.
  • Options
    A big shame that they couldn't be bothered to power up the big screen so that the crowd could identify with the players.
  • Options
    You had to get a teamsheet which might have not been freely available.
    If you charge an entrance fee such team information should be made available by the communications department.
    They have done this before…not communicated vital information at such games.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    You had to get a teamsheet which might have not been freely available.
    If you charge an entrance fee such team information should be made available by the communications department.
    They have done this before…not communicated vital information at such games.
    It was not freely available. The team was on X/Twitter but looking at this or a team sheet means you're not watching the game. For once the X/Twitter Academy was updated throughout the game.

Overall the comms team do very little on the academy teams.
  • Options
    I got a team sheet from Peter Burrows in reception.
    Will try to take a picture and post it later when I get home.
  • Options
    I notice it's called the Premiere League Cup (final) but were Premiere League sides in the competition or was this for Category 2 status teams?
    I wondered that too.

I was also very confused initially by Leaburn...ham ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 1
    This is the team sheet from yesterday

• Options

At the London Senior Cup final at Dulwich on Monday they listed our squad thus, and if you notice they called the squad U23’s.

• Options
    Phoenix Valentine is a cracking name.
  • Options
    Are Viggars and Roddy still with us?
  • Options
    At the moment yes but haven't played for a while.  Think Roddy went out on loan.
  • Options
    At the moment yes but haven't played for a while.  Think Roddy went out on loan.
    Oxford City. Toure was there for a month I think earlier in the season as well. 

Former Charlton player Josh Parker, also plays for them.
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Didn't Viggars get a serious injury on loan somewhere and that's why he's not been around?