Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Hylton the new Andy Hughes?
    You could be right but I don’t quite feel it’s the same. Hughes still had a decent amount to offer as a player on top of the other stuff, can’t see it’s the same as Hylton. Nonetheless, doubt it will have a detrimental effect on our season so not a big deal. 
    I think some were saying the same about Andy Hughes, this time of the season tbf...
    Possibly, can’t really remember. But Hughes came from the Championship, Hylton is probably a non-league player now. My only (minor) issue is I can’t imagine we’ll go with 6 strikers so if we say loaned Kanu out and had Hylton as 1 of the 5 then I’d be a bit concerned if we got a couple of injuries. 
    We currently have 3 fit strikers so Kanu going nowhere
  • agim said:

Hylton would make 6 first team forwards? That's an incredible amount for a club these days even if you are playing two up top.
    Keep up, we have 3 fit strikers, not 5
  • edited July 8
    I don’t know much about Bishop or Taylor for that matter but neither strikes me as attacking (perhaps I’m wrong).
    Add Doc, Coventry and Anderson into the holding midfielder category and it’s really only Berry who seems like the 10.
    The transfer business has been great so far but as well as an experienced no1 like Walton I think we need a back up CAM. 

• I don’t think we can complain at the business done so far the owners are certainly backing NJ. I don’t follow other clubs transfers really but surely only Birmingham can match what we are doing in terms of backing ? If we don’t have a decent season I’m not sure anyone can blame the ownership 
  • Valley11 said:
    I don’t know much about Bishop or Taylor for that matter but neither strikes me as attacking (perhaps I’m wrong).
    Add Doc, Coventry and Anderson into the holding midfielder category and it’s really only Berry who seems like the 10.
    The transfer business has been great so far but as well as an experienced no1 like Walton I think we need a back up CAM. 

I think in his intro video, Doherty says something about being forward thinking and  having goals and assists in his game?
  • Might be toooo much of a stretch but Vaclav Haldky has just left Ipswich as a free agent......... he couldn't agree new terms with IFTC...... and he's been linked with returning to the Scottish Prem......
    Now he'd be a statement of intent........
  • Sponsored links:

• Might be toooo much of a stretch but Vaclav Haldky has just left Ipswich as a free agent......... he couldn't agree new terms with IFTC...... and he's been linked with returning to the Scottish Prem......
    Sounds like he has a good record with a couple of promotions under his belt with Ipswich, will he drop back to league one...not so sure, but interesting one to keep an eye on...👀
    Sounds like he has a good record with a couple of promotions under his belt with Ipswich, will he drop back to league one...not so sure, but interesting one to keep an eye on...👀

Yes, he might not want to drop down as far as L1 but I live in Suffolk and tonight the ITFC fans I know were all saying what a big shame it is he's not going to be with them any more
    He's 33 and a free agent so not completely out of the question we could come up with the right deal...... who knows..... maybe...... fingers crossed.......?
  • Celtic rumoured to be interested 
    He's not turned down a contract at Ipswich to join us that's for sure. 
    He's not turned down a contract at Ipswich to join us that's for sure. 
    Probably off to Wrexham
  • The way the window has been so far, would it be such a shock if the Ipswich keeper suddenly appears as the next signing 🤔

• AndyG said:
    I don’t think we can complain at the business done so far the owners are certainly backing NJ. I don’t follow other clubs transfers really but surely only Birmingham can match what we are doing in terms of backing ? If we don’t have a decent season I’m not sure anyone can blame the ownership 
    Rotherham have had a good window as well. A yo-yo side anyway but with Evans now in charge they'll be tough to beat, Clarke-Harris will score goals and i'd be amazed if they're not in the promotion mix.

Rotherham will be up there , no real wow signings but you just know Evans will have them hard to break down and well versed in the dark arts , if they can get JCH firing they'll be right in the promotion mix. They'll be far from pretty to watch but Evans sides have never played good football. 

• AndyG said:
    I don’t think we can complain at the business done so far the owners are certainly backing NJ. I don’t follow other clubs transfers really but surely only Birmingham can match what we are doing in terms of backing ? If we don’t have a decent season I’m not sure anyone can blame the ownership 
    Rotherham have had a good window as well. A yo-yo side anyway but with Evans now in charge they'll be tough to beat, Clarke-Harris will score goals and i'd be amazed if they're not in the promotion mix.
    Like he did last season?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 9
    PWADDICK said:
    AndyG said:
    Like he did last season?
    Yeah, he made Stevenage tough to beat and they finished comfortably in mid table after coming up from L2. He was nominated for manager of the year and only went back to Rotherham in April after they had already been relegated from the Championship.
  • edited July 9
    Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:
    AndyG said:
    Like he did last season?
    Yeah, he made Stevenage tough to beat and they finished comfortably in mid table after coming up from L2. He was nominated for manager of the year and only went back to Rotherham in April after they had already been relegated from the Championship.
    I presumed he was talking about Clarke-Harris, who even then still got nine goals last term

Would have been our second highest scorer.
  • They’ll be three teams promoted. We just need to be one of them. Couple more signings of the quality we’ve just had and I think we can achieve that.
    Got this overwhelming fear that we'll be playing Wrexham in the Play Off Final 
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:
    AndyG said:
    Like he did last season?
    I presumed he was talking about Clarke-Harris, who even then still got nine goals last term

Would have been our second highest scorer.
    Most of those came from subs appearances. He hardly played as they’d already had his replacement in before he decided to run his contract down.
  • Just had a look around the league one forums to try and gauge how the fans were feeling and saw this comment. To the point and accurate. 

Spineless wasters eh, we’ve been called worse!
    Invertebrate wasters
  • Gribbo said:
    They’ll be three teams promoted. We just need to be one of them. Couple more signings of the quality we’ve just had and I think we can achieve that.
    Play Off Final an overwhelming fear.

Do believe Nathan Jones would give his right arm to appear in Play Off Final as would the owners.
  • edited July 9
    Gribbo said:
    They’ll be three teams promoted. We just need to be one of them. Couple more signings of the quality we’ve just had and I think we can achieve that.
    Play Off Final an overwhelming fear.

Do believe Nathan Jones would give his right arm to appear in Play Off Final as would the owners.
    Of course, me too , but it was more the opposition I was getting at
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!