Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited July 29
  • edited July 29
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I think might keep Edun, he offers something a little different in the middle of the park..  I still think another CB will come in
    He’s tidy on the ball, but I don’t think that’s enough really. Don’t think he adds enough in either final third to be worth keeping. We might struggle to shift him, which means he might stay but I doubt it will be because we want him to 
  • Scoham said:
    Injured but has transfer interest-the only sort of joke club who would sign an injured player is us - welcome Lucas Ness
  • I wonder what's holding up Isted being sold.
    The club hasn't released anything as far as I can see. 
  • Sponsored links:

Was on the official site yesterday.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/harry-isted-joins-burton-albion
    It was announced Saturday evening.
  • Cheers all.
  • Scoham said:
    Injured but has transfer interest-the only sort of joke club who would sign an injured player is us - welcome Lucas Ness

Good, I hope we don’t sell him. He was the only one in a suspect defence that looked like he was and could make the effort. With a better team he will shine. The joke club will be the one that gives up on him and watches another one benefit.
    No point keeping a player Jones doesn’t rate. He’s only going to develop if he gets regular game time.

For me he’s not dominant enough to play in the middle of a back three and doesn’t offer enough on the ball to be one of the wider CBs. Zach Mitchell looks a better prospect for one of those roles.

If we switched to a back four I don’t see him being picked ahead of Jones, Alex Mitchell and a new CB, which I expect us to have by the time the window closes.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Good, I hope we don’t sell him. He was the only one in a suspect defence that looked like he was and could make the effort. With a better team he will shine. The joke club will be the one that gives up on him and watches another one benefit.
    No point keeping a player Jones doesn’t rate. He’s only going to develop if he gets regular game time.

For me he’s not dominant enough to play in the middle of a back three and doesn’t offer enough on the ball to be one of the wider CBs. Zach Mitchell looks a better prospect for one of those roles.

If we switched to a back four I don’t see him being picked ahead of Jones, Alex Mitchell and a new CB, which I expect us to have by the time the window closes.
    this all begs the question why did we extend his contract if the manager doesnt like him ?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    To get a small fee and a sell on clause in case he does make it
    Wouldnt we have a sell on fee anyway as he came through our academy ?
    Announced over the weekend 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1817824601985982805?t=ikl8E901WRxB18sFyUxwNg&s=19

Centre-back Lucas Ness had ankle surgery in the summer - minor issue that he'd been playing on with - and isn't fit yet.

#cafc defender has transfer interest
    Probably kept under wraps so his fee didn't drop.
  • Has the Isted transfer even been confirmed?

If so, when?
  • Macronate said:
    Has the Isted transfer even been confirmed?

If so, when?
    Not seen it anywhere 
    https://x.com/CAFCofficial/status/1817273752993837359?t=89uQojwRBorTBw6c3RA3bQ&s=19
  • Macronate said:
    Has the Isted transfer even been confirmed?

If so, when?
    WiWOTS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!