Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cruising (on ships not the mucky kind)

12346»

Comments

• red10 said:
    clb74 said:
    Will continue to cruise but never again on Norwegian. The show casts were good, but I had misgivings about every other aspect of the cruise holiday versus Royal Caribbean and Britannia. Keen to try Celebrity mind. 

Was looking at a couple of Norwegian cruises for next month.
    What's the food and drink like?
    Cheers
    You do need to get the drinks package, glass of wine with dinner could set you back $20 bucks !!. Food is pretty good and the speciality dining is very nice, some of the best steak I have ever had. Le Bistro is my favorite but depends if you like French cuisine. I think they have La Trattoria if you fancy some nice Italian nosh. Done a lot and Celebrity would be my go to. Just done Azamara and would love to go again but pricing is quite eye watering so looking out for a good deal.

I've recently watched a couple of Youtube videos about the Iona (A mate of mine is currently on board sailing around Portugal and Spain).  There was one where a couple pointed out that you need to look very carefully at the drinks package, as they by no means include everything.  They reckon that taking into account the drinks they preferred they saved money by not having it.  At about £60 per person per day it soon racks up - about £1,500 for two on a two week cruise.  
  • Next January on Celebrity Beyond from Miami around the Caribbean…. Celebrity are the best cruise line by far 
    why?
    Just the service you receive .. the boats , entertainment the staff , the whole package is way above anyone else .. unlike PO who since COVID have gone the other way especially on their smaller boats .. cut back on the service 
  • Please note they are "Ships" not "Boats", you can put a boat on a ship not the opposite.
    I am being a bit picky as driving these ships used to be my profession
  • clb74 said:
    Should of been in Sydney last Tuesday for 9 nights before boarding Celebrity Solstice for a cruise round Australia,  overnight in Bali on onto Singapore for a 2 night stay.
    Blew it out as the boy said the 1st Grandchild was due 3 days into getting to Sydney.
    Currently sitting indoors as me back went at work this morning. 
    Grand daughter arrived with no complications.
    Congratulations Chris. 
    Welcome to the grandad club.
    Stig said:
    Congratulations CLB. All the best to you and your family. 
    Congratulations grandad.
    clb74 said:
    Should of been in Sydney last Tuesday for 9 nights before boarding Celebrity Solstice for a cruise round Australia,  overnight in Bali on onto Singapore for a 2 night stay.
    Blew it out as the boy said the 1st Grandchild was due 3 days into getting to Sydney.
    Currently sitting indoors as me back went at work this morning. 
    Grand daughter arrived with no complications.
    You'll be taking her on a Disney cruise before you know it ! 

Well done to all concerned for the addition to clb74's family. 
    Cheers all.