Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Rob Burrow CBE

2»

Comments

• Awful news! God bless his family! Horrible for his kids to watch him deteriorate! I hope they remember him
    for the amazing man he was! 
  • Rob, you were the best of us - in your career but most importantly as an inspiration. Deepest condolences to family and friends.

RIP Legend
  • A truly inspirational man RIP 
  • edited June 2
    RIP. He’s a legend up here. Shows how brutal a sport rugby is on the body. 
  • Incredibly sad to see the news earlier, but he rightly got the top headlines on Sky News this evening. 
    They gave him the coverage he deserved. A bloody brave man and family 
  • Very sad news and a huge loss to his family. His wife has been amazing in her support and care - heartbreaking.
  • A very brave and inspirational man. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful disease RIP RB.
  • edited June 3
    RIP - a really brave man. 41 is no age for a person to be taken. 
  • Inevitable news sadly.

RIP Rob. Great man and a great player.
  • Rest in peace. Inspiration and all round good guy. 🙏 

• BBC1 have a tribute to him tonight.
  • Just watched the BBC documentary, and admittedly I didnt know much about him or what he was going through until just now. Was so devastatingly sad and couldn't stop crying. Such a horrible disease but hopefully it has even more exposure now so one day it may be cured. So sad for his family and friends. 

RIP 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Had me crying from minute one. The bravery of him, his family and his friends is just beyond belief.

And the morning after his death, they all come out for the start of the new hospital/treatment facility they’re building in his name from their fundraising.

Just unbelievable heroes.
    The sense of loss for his family must be huge and it will take time to sink in. It's great that they have the building as a focus to take away some of the sadness.

I hope his wife and kids get all the support they need. 

• Sponsored links:

• Such an incredible man! I'd love for Charlton to do something for/with Ed Slater to help fundraise against this awful disease.
  • Such an incredible man! I'd love for Charlton to do something for/with Ed Slater to help fundraise against this awful disease.
    Tbf I’m amazed they haven’t & did wonder if Ed has approached them or not 🤔
  • Very sad. RIP
  • bellz2002 said:
    Just watched the BBC documentary, and admittedly I didnt know much about him or what he was going through until just now. Was so devastatingly sad and couldn't stop crying. Such a horrible disease but hopefully it has even more exposure now so one day it may be cured. So sad for his family and friends. 

RIP 
    Not playing rugby may help. 15 times more likely to develop MND playing rugby. Four times more likely to develop Dementia. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c4nnlppej1eo
  • shirty5 said:
    Such an incredible man! I'd love for Charlton to do something for/with Ed Slater to help fundraise against this awful disease.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c4nnlppej1eo
    Thank you for sharing 💚
  • saw this on tv this morning and wondered if Charlton meant us.  And it does. It’s a no brainer. Him and his son are one of us. Either the club or us lot should do something to help. 

Also I wonder why a guy born in Leicester playing rugby supports us. Glad that he does though. 
  • 100% agree Greenhithe 💚