Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(German poll on) Would you like to see more white players in the national team?

Nope, I’m not that stupid!

it appears however, German public broadcaster ARD is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw4437m0gkpo 

ridiculous survey to put out at any time but in the weeks leading up to them hosting the euros? What could the aim of it possibly be 

Comments

• Chizz said:
    I dread to think what results and comments that sort of poll would generate in England
    Do you think it’d be worse than the 21% that said yes in Germany? 

• Chizz said:
    I dread to think what results and comments that sort of poll would generate in England

I think it probably would sadly . As you said a ridiculous poll. 
  • Chizz said:

I'd sincerely hope that fewer than one in five people is racist
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Apart from the sentiment, you got a like for the correct use of ‘is’. 
  • People who work hard in football to eradicate the cancer of racism must despair when they see a report like that. 
    Shows we still have some way to go.
    I know most right minded people think that racism in all its forms are abhorrent. 
  • There's only about 5 players in the squad who aren't white anyway aren't there? Just absolute barefaced racism. Bizarre
  • The absolute state of society across the UK and Europe at the moment. Politicians creating culture wars to win votes has created a breeding ground for racism and hatred, all spurred on by the likes of Musk who refuses to remove these types of comments from his platform in the name of "Free Speech". Honestly feels like in the last decade we have reverted 80 years of progressive societal change.
    This 😞
  • Sponsored links:

• Id like to see more UEFA European Football Championship 2024 winners in the England team!
  • The absolute state of society across the UK and Europe at the moment. Politicians creating culture wars to win votes has created a breeding ground for racism and hatred, all spurred on by the likes of Musk who refuses to remove these types of comments from his platform in the name of "Free Speech". Honestly feels like in the last decade we have reverted 80 years of progressive societal change.

I don't think that is completely true, over the last decade through so many movements we have become far more aware, accepting and tolerant of people's differences culturally, mentally and physically.  As examples, 
    The #metoo movement shifted mens views on women enormously I think. 
    #LGBT are far more accepted and less marginalised than they were.
    People talk about their mental health, almost every football fans clubs forum has a thread on it where people post, that just wouldn't have happened even 10 yes ago.

Just look at some of the comedy from only 15 yrs back like Little Britain which already carries warnings on iPlayer, and some scenes are completely unacceptable with today's lens.

So, as a society we have come a very long way.  Sadly, Social Media is a force for bad as much as good and repulsive politicians like Donald Trump are desperate to undo some of that change.

• Can't wait for Jamaica to publish their results 🤣
    That’s done me 🤣
  • edited June 3
    Oops
  • Race and immigration not the same obviously, but thought this was quite striking from the last euros 
    Hardly. Society is way more tolerant from even the 80s. Apart from the game my abiding memory (as a mixed race person) of Battle of the Bridge in 1988 was National Front campaigners trying to recruit people outside Stamford Bridge, a group way to the right of even the current main far right groups in this country
  • I’d like to see less journalists in football.  
    Less “Americanisation” of football.
    Less on the price of tickets at all four levels.  

Skin colour, couldn’t care less, weird survey.  
  • edited June 3
    The thread title ain't great...
    Can see where this thread could end up if we are not careful...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't wait for Jamaica to publish their results 🤣
    that made me think of when Chris Birchall played for Trinidad and Tobago 

Yes, makes me very angry, but mostly sad.
  • Nope, I’m not that stupid!

it appears however, German public broadcaster ARD is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw4437m0gkpo 

ridiculous survey to put out at any time but in the weeks leading up to them hosting the euros? What could the aim of it possibly be 
    Bravo Nagelsmann 👏 
  • edited June 3
    The absolute state of society across the UK and Europe at the moment. Politicians creating culture wars to win votes has created a breeding ground for racism and hatred, all spurred on by the likes of Musk who refuses to remove these types of comments from his platform in the name of "Free Speech". Honestly feels like in the last decade we have reverted 80 years of progressive societal change.
    Hardly. Society is way more tolerant from even the 80s. Apart from the game my abiding memory (as a mixed race person) of Battle of the Bridge in 1988 was National Front campaigners trying to recruit people outside Stamford Bridge, a group way to the right of even the current main far right groups in this country
    The 80s was 40 years ago, not the last decade?  But I agree that we are still mostly ahead of the 80s, just about.
  • Personally, I want to see more gingers.
    There’s no room for any form of gingerism in our National Squad or fan base.
    The 80s was 40 years ago, not the last decade?  But I agree that we are still mostly ahead of the 80s, just about.
    I was replying to a comment saying we had reverted 80 years.

We're way ahead of the 1980s. Social media gives bigots an anonymous outlet to spout their hatred, that's the difference. 
  • Personally, I want to see more gingers.
    There’s no room for any form of gingerism in our National Squad or fan base.
    Then we’d have to have all the tournaments in artic conditions so they don’t burn, never bow down to the ginger woke mob!
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

I bet there would be people that would claim wanting more white people in the National Team isn't racist. Somehow. 
  • I'd have a team full of gay Martians if it meant we won something! 

Genuienly doesn't fuss me what a footballer looks like, football is a meritocracy or should be and if someone is good enough I couldn't give a shit what they look like. I don’t give a shit what they look like if they aren't good enough come to that.