Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager - Thomas Tuchel

Comments

• Southgate has resigned 
  • Southgate gone.
  • potter the current fave at 5/6 with lee carsley at 3/1 
  • Would love Klopp to take it, but doubt the FA would even bother approaching him. No chance he would take the job imo. We will get another "safe" appointment and have another few years bemoaning the fact that the squad of players we have is being wasted.
  • Sponsored links:

• It looks like Graham Possession Potter.
  • Would like Howe but seems unlikely.

• edited July 16
    Been critical to an extent, but theres no doubting he restored a lot of belief in English football on the international stage, so thanks Gareth Southgate.

Here's to the next, hopeful, progression of the national team.
  • Thanks for the memories 
  • I think we have to accept we are not as good as we all think and start from the bottom. 

Rob Edwards for me. 

Klopp would be great but I can’t have a German leading us to victory. It would just take the gloss off it for me! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Goodnight pragmatic prince 
  • edited July 16
    Glad he's gone. He never trusted the considerable attacking talent that we have available to just go and score more goals than the opposition. Like driving a car with the handbrake on, summed up by leaving Grealish at home but taking a kid who has barely kicked a ball at the top level.
    Thanks for nothing.
  • Lee Carsley; take a leaf out of Spain's book...
  • GS did a sterling job and got back pride of the Nation. He's made his decision and quickly. Neither Potter or Howe inspire me, nor Carsley come to that. I've said it before and will say it again, the FA need to break the bank and go for Klopp or Pep. I'm not stuck up on 'he must be British" Why? No British manager has been successful  in the PL for years.
    However I fear it'll be one of Potter or Howe. 
  • cafcpolo said:
    Unless they offer Howe an insane amount of money he's not interested in the England job yet.
    And Newcastle would demand a hefty fee as well 
    Which I've just been told is the case.
  • edited July 16
    sam3110 said:
    Genuinely don't think we make another final for at least a decade, maybe 2.

Thanks for getting us closer than anyone else in the last 60 years Gareth

The sad thing Sam is getting so close against Italy at Wembley and getting to the final against Spain in Berlin, other than guys in the Charlton Life Academy like yourself, Canters, Foxy, Fens and another couple of younger members many will be watching from above and the majority will be watching from a very low vantage point and still getting hot beneath the collar 🥵😇👿
  • GS did a sterling job and got back pride of the Nation. He's made his decision and quickly. Neither Potter or Howe inspire me, nor Carsley come to that. I've said it before and will say it again, the FA need to break the bank and go for Klopp or Pep. I'm not stuck up on 'he must be British" Why? No British manager has been successful  in the PL for years.
    However I fear it'll be one of Potter or Howe. 
    Potter and Howe are good managers, much more tactically adept than Southgate. What's to fear?
  • Klopp wouldn’t be allowed back into Liverpool if he were to take it.
    Scouse not English remember.
    So can’t see that happening.

Think whoever gets it this time is on a hiding to nothing tbh. The expectations are so high.

Interesting times ahead.
  • Southgate goes with his head held high - thanks for the memories, but definitely time for someone else (a bit more attack minded) to see what they can do with this group.

If they have to be English, then I guess Potter gets the gig