Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charltons Biggest Fan Mug - Time To Be Chucked Out?

This mug, must be at least 20 years old, but I’m torn as to whether to keep it, or chuck it out.

My son has recently been to America and brought home a lot of other ‘new Mugs’

Im definitely a hoarder, to chuck, or not chuck, that is the question!

Comments

• Writing has faded badly. Get Rid. 
  • Will go with the flow, cut off by 3pm today.
  • time to go
  • edited October 17
    If you're really Charlton's Biggest Fan, you'll be prepared to spend the time restoring it. Either that or just have a bit of fun doing your own design. https://www.cassart.co.uk/pebeo-porcelaine-150/
  • Thumbs down 👎  from me,  splash out time. 
  • We’ve a huge collection of largely faded Charlton mugs at home. Be surprised if anyone can beat it, will share a pic tonight. 

What mugs have everyone got?
  • Sponsored links:

• How can you even think of getting rid, if it ain't broke why...

• Keep. You will regret chucking it.
  • Anyone even considering throwing away a mug like that they've had for twenty years should really replace it with a plastic one.  For that is what they actually are. Plastic.  

Keep. Treasure.  Cherish.

Furthermore, if your son likes it, leave the mug to him in your will.  (And if he doesn't, then leave only the mug to him in your will). 
    I am sure the museum would be interested……that is if they don’t already have one.
  • That has just jogged my memory. Some time ago my wife said my Charlton mug with Richard Rufus on was looking tatty. Admittedly it has faded badly but no chips and its mine.
    I haven't had a cuppa in that for ages. When I get home later I'm going to have a look for it, I think my wife may of made a huge decision without me.
  • Unless it breaks, never get rid. Take it to the grave with you.
    This. If you keep it, you have also retained the ability to throw it out at a later date. As soon as you have got rid of it though, you have reduced your future life options.
  • Unless it breaks, never get rid. Take it to the grave with you.
    Christ, you want Charlton to ruin his death as well as life?!?!?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 17
    If it gives you a flutter of joy when you hold it, keep.  If not, charity shop it.

This is the principle of decluttering i am reading currently by a japanese guru on the subject. Thing is i don't think they do second hand or recycling so everything that doesn't provoke joy is chucked out with the rubbish (tbd).
  • Keep it. Think of the good times you have shared together......scrap that hit it with a hammer.
    I am sure the museum would be interested……that is if they don’t already have one.
    No they wouldn't.

Would have worth £100 to £125 on ebay in mint condition but ruined by dishwashing.
    No they wouldn't.

Would have worth £100 to £125 on ebay in mint condition but ruined by dishwashing.
    Shame on you Henry...that's called patina...🤦‍♂️
  • That's the trouble. Too many of the older type mugs are not dishwasher safe.
    I am a horder, but honestly I think I would bin one that was that faded.
    Made te mistake of putting this one in the dishwasher, already starting to fade.

• Like the team, my Charlton mug has had a crack in it for some time.  Just waiting for the day I'm left holding the handle, wearing the coffee, and we get relegated.

• mug it off
  • That's the trouble. Too many of the older type mugs are not dishwasher safe.
    I am a horder, but honestly I think I would bin one that was that faded.
    Made te mistake of putting this one in the dishwasher, already starting to fade.

I'd have said it's done quite well lasting since 1947...take it you bought it at the time...🙄
  • I think you need to prove if you are actually Charlton's biggest fan otherwise you have been a fraud for over 20 years and should definitely thrown the mug away and spend the next 20 years repenting. 
  • seth plum said:

I got one of those.  The quality was absolutely shit.