Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield £10 adult ticket offer - Monday 28th November

edited October 2011 in General Charlton

Season ticket holders can purchase a maximum of 2 adult tickets in the same stand for £10 each. No junior offer is planned.

As the attendance will be well down from what it would have been. Let's see if we can give it a boost.

New thread started to "catch the eye" .

Comments

• Great stuff.  Will bring a few along for this.
  • Very good idea.
  • Seeing as how the move to a Monday will wreck the gate and catering takings I think they should drop the price to a fiver and hope to make some money on the jackpot and catering.  I know the season tickets like myself would lose out but at least it might create some atmosphere in the ground. I doubt it would make any difference to the away end since fiver or not Huddersfield  are 212 miles away from the Valley and not many will want to make a 400 mile round trip on a Monday night.
  • It's an important game for us; why the restriction on this offer? Why not all adult tickets at £10 or less? We want as large a crowd as possible to get behind the team. As a season ticket holder, I am happy to "lose out" as part of our push for promotion.
  • It's an important game for us; why the restriction on this offer? Why not all adult tickets at £10 or less? We want as large a crowd as possible to get behind the team. As a season ticket holder, I am happy to "lose out" as part of our push for promotion.
    this
  • Blimey, the more the club gives, the more people want.
  • also got a letter last night as a 'lapsed season ticket holder' reduced ticket for the Preston game, I thought it was a brilliantly worded letter to fans.

I was um'ing and ah'ing about attending but definately will buy 2 tickets for this game now and also, am pleased the letter had my CON number on it as I lost that a while back and need to back date my ticketing history for the past few games which I'm sure hasn't been put on the system.

well done the club!

Number of reasons

We'd have to offer the same deal to the away fans

The Club know that existing STs holders are the best sales team we have (after a winning team) so want to offer fans a chance to bring friends and family along on the cheap.

There will be other games, like Preston, with other offers.

A TV game on a Monday night is not really great for a general offer even if it is against the team in 2nd.
  • As has been said before, the club is being run very well off the pitch nowadays as well as on it.

Slater & Jimenez really have their heads screwed on.  Great stuff.  Very proud of the way the club is being run nowadays!!
  • Would any kind hearted East Stand ST holders be able to get me a ticket for a tenner please??

I didn't get an ST this season for the first time in 20 years. Hudders is my last league game before emigrating to Australia so it would be good to save a few quid!

• Sponsored links:

• Just back from getting some Brentford tickets. Green, Jacko and Hamer doing meet and greets in the superstore - great feeling around the whole place.

We are top of the league !

For years we have just asked for a fully committed squad playing a full-on 90 minutes every week.

The team have delivered...............now WE have to fill the stadium.

I'm taking 2 pals to Brentford match and I reckon they will want to come to the Hudds match too with this decent offer.
  • Would any kind hearted East Stand ST holders be able to get me a ticket for a tenner please??

I didn't get an ST this season for the first time in 20 years. Hudders is my last league game before emigrating to Australia so it would be good to save a few quid!

Email me and I'll sort it out
  •  

Would any kind hearted East Stand ST holders be able to get me a ticket for a tenner please??

Email me and I'll sort it out

Nice one, cheers Henry!
  • one thing that has always puzzled me is how acceptable it is to be able to give season tickets to friends when the holder cant attend.

there must be a fair few s/t holders that cant attend this on a monday night, who will be approached by friends to buy them a £10 ticket for the game. all they are gonna do is give them their s/ticket.

Lol it seems it.  The club should give free admission to all and phone up everyone who has ever been to a charlton match and arrange kick off time to fit in around their busy evening of forum posting and their kid's hectic schedules. 

Come on Charlton pull your finger out.

• one thing that has always puzzled me is how acceptable it is to be able to give season tickets to friends when the holder cant attend.

there must be a fair few s/t holders that cant attend this on a monday night, who will be approached by friends to buy them a £10 ticket for the game. all they are gonna do is give them their s/ticket.

pretty sure that as long as the person using the season ticket is in the same category ie. adult uses adult and u-18 is used by and u-18 and u-11 used by an u-11 the club are happy with this

i know with my kids tickets niece and nephew use em etc

• edited October 2011
    Just back from getting some Brentford tickets. Green, Jacko and Hamer doing meet and greets in the superstore - great feeling around the whole place.

We are top of the league !

For years we have just asked for a fully committed squad playing a full-on 90 minutes every week.

The team have delivered...............now WE have to fill the stadium.

I'm taking 2 pals to Brentford match and I reckon they will want to come to the Hudds match too with this decent offer.
    Nicest post of the day/week/season/last five seasons. I can't think of a single negative to say about our club right now. And in the dark, dark days of Pardew/Parkinson/Derek Chapple (anyone remember him???) and Murray post-Curbs and after his luck and his money ran out, one searched in vain for anything positive to say.

I don't want cheap tickets. After a few seasons of feeling like we deserved to be paid for turning up to watch such worthless shite, at the moment I'd happily pay two or three times what we shelled out for that miserable Pardew/Parkinson  stuff.

Thanks to everyone, from Jiminez and Slater to CP and all the players. As ValiantPhil  suggests, it's the attitude that makes it worth every penny. The success almost seems like  a bonus.
  • edited October 2011
    they are doing free travel for first 500, so should be a big following from them.
  • Let`s all get cracking and do what we have done for Exeter and Chesterfield and get some extra fans down there for what is a massive game! I know the price is higher than Chesterfield,etc but £10 is still a good offer. Plus, this is a massive game for both clubs.

Would love to see over 20,000 there for this one and show everyone we are back on the up! If we can get nearly 17,000 for Carlisle we can get 20,000 for this!

Lol it seems it.  The club should give free admission to all and phone up everyone who has ever been to a charlton match and arrange kick off time to fit in around their busy evening of forum posting and their kid's hectic schedules. 

Come on Charlton pull your finger out.

I would have been happy if they had left it at 3PM on Saturday... :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2011
    The main reason is that this is a gift to season ticket holders so doesn't count as a discounted game. If Tickets were £10 across the board it would contribute towards not buying a season ticket being cheaper than buying one when everything is added up at the end of the season. If that were to be the case, in a ground that is never full - many wouldn't would buy one.

They can't overuse this approach though as most Charlton fans will know a season ticket holder and some will buy multiple tickets, so it could still be a disincentive. I generally have to miss one or two home games a season but buy my ST out of loyalty. However, if money was really tight I wouldn't be to worried about not having one where as when we filled the ground it was essential.

pretty sure that as long as the person using the season ticket is in the same category ie. adult uses adult and u-18 is used by and u-18 and u-11 used by an u-11 the club are happy with this

yeah i get that.

i just dont see how it benefits the club by being able to transfer season tickets.

for instance, if i go on holiday for a couple of weeks, i cant give my mate my golf membership card to use while i'm away.

yeah i get that.

i just dont see how it benefits the club by being able to transfer season tickets.

for instance, if i go on holiday for a couple of weeks, i cant give my mate my golf membership card to use while i'm away.

Christ! Imagine how long it would take to get into the ground if the turnstile staff had to do a photo ID check on every ST holder?!
  • I see Huddersfield are offering the first 500 supporters who buy tickets, free coach travel to this game; an indication of just how important they see it! As many seaon ticket holders as possible need to makef full use of the £10 ticket offer and ensure our lads get the ohme support they deserve. COYR's
  • good idea for huddersfield,they failed to sell out there play off semi tickets at the new den so not great away from home support wise

• edited October 2011
    The reason we changed the rules on transferability of season tickets (when we were in the PL) is that the status quo could never have been enforced, as suggested above. We also wanted to enable people to share the cost of season tickets by buying one between two. We knew this was happening already. Also a football season ticket can only be used once per game and is sold on that basis, whereas for example a railway season ticket could be used many more times than by one person if shared around, i.e. family trips to London in the evening and weekends, etc.

The Huddersfield offer is part of a series of initiatives. We have chased the lapsed season-ticket holders for Preston and 320 discounted tickets for Carlisle were sold to new Red Card holders from the Chesterfield game via a similarly targeted offer. Obviously the club is able to see the Huddersfield offer in the context of what we've done and what's planned, whereas fans can't see the whole picture, which is one reason we have not reduced all adult prices to £10. Another is that we think price cutting will have limited effect for a Monday night TV game.

The marginal profit from ancillary sales (burgers, beer, programmes, retail, etc) is modest compared to the ticket revenue, so not really a factor.

A brief point on why these initiatives are happening now as opposed to in the recent past. Back in January the new board was able to agree a more aggressive pricing offer for current season tickets - pricing we (Target 40k/the senior management) had put forward for 2009/10, as it happens - because it was in a stronger position to take a risk with overall revenue. We felt this was necessary to maintain the supporter base. That is what has happened, although there was a cost. It's impossible to know what would have happened if we hadn't reduced the ST prices, of course. Having done that there is now more scope for offers while protecting the value of the season tickets overall. We are very clear about the importance of that, but if if you look at the gap between the match prices (even allowing for various offers) and the season tickets they remain substantial. 

Secondly, the offer on the pitch is more credible (which the board was confident it would be) and therefore there is more chance of the offers being effective Following on from that is the prospect of better times ahead, when those extra supporters will be attracted back. We are trying to restart their habit.

The credit for this rightly belongs to the owners. Their financial backing underpins the offers. But I will point out that the people developing the ideas are the same people, largely, as those involved in this process since the east stand was built in 1994! 
  • Thanks for the explanation Airman.

So, who exactly are "the owners" then? And who is the money man?
  • The "Green Umpire"?
  • Thought I'd bump this, to boost the attendance. Remember the offer only applies for sales up to midday of the game !