Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepools Utd v Charlton - Preview, Views and News

13»

Comments

• 3 - 0 to us after we benefit from lessons learned from spoiling strategies of Owls and Stevenage.
  • edited October 2011
    2-0 to us, Waggy or Green and BWP. Team travel back on a fleet of unicycles and get nicked on M1 for driving prohibited vehicles. The 11 x 3 points gained enough to push us over the line by early March.
  • edited October 2011
    I am now becoming a REDMIDLAND fan as well as an addicks fan. Is this the new messiah. Will this man through his visions and predictions lead us through the wilderness and into the promised land of the Championship. This guy has his finger on the pulse and his hands on his crystal balls at the same time. That is not easy. Not only can he see into the future he can probably see himself cumming.His predictions have been spot on. He is going for for a 2-1 win away and as a mere humble human being how can i differ with with such a powerful force.

One last thing REDMIDLAND - I hope your bloody well right or i am changing my faith and might call something other than a messiah if we draw or lose

COYA and COYR
    IF i'm wrong then blame MRs RM for not handling my balls correctly when cleaning them!!!
  • Physic RM has been looking at his balls again - Physic =  wholesome;  is that why Mrs RM likes them out, dusty or not?LOL
    brtd....nothing wrong with wholesome......especially when being 'dusted'!!! LOL ;-)
  • 1-1 late equaliser from Wiggins.
  • A nail biting 2-1 victory. Doing nothing for my nerves!!
  • Oddly, I have a bad feeling about this one.  Hartlepool(s) are quite capable of putting a performance together that could undo SCPs gameplan.  I'd settle for a draw and staying top of the table.

And, of course, they'll have the ooompa loompas on their side.
  • after yet another home loss in the week, the mighty pools will want to put in a performance against us, so I expect a fairly tough encounter today. A score-draw most likely for me..
  • I woke up with the Happy Days song in my head. A good omen. 4-1 to the Addicks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can only see this going one way and that is Hartlepool 4 Charlton 1
  • We go in to this facing a grim up north experience, the players beginning to feel the aches from the season so far. Anyway we're positive to start with, helped by Nobby Solanos absence. However we get  a warning Pools are no mugs when there is a near miss, and an almost certain goal thwarted by a blinding Hamer save.

We edge ahead when Danny Green gets into a position to cross early and Kermits looping header falls suprisingly into the net. We go into half time relieved and grateful to be 1-0 ahead.

Hartlepool come out all guns blazing, we play decently to keep them at bay, but by now our attacking threat has diminished. There is a massive mis-understanding in defence, but a suprised Pools player trickles the ball inches wide.

We think the job is done when in the 87th minute Pools equalise, after a mis-placed Hughes back pass. For the remainder of the game including six minutes added time we're battered by Pools, Hughes clears one off the line.

Finally the ref blows up for a 1-1 draw, and we leave for London grateful for a point in a tricky fixture after a tricky week.

FACT

• Id say a 3-1 win today.

us to go one up, them to equalise, then we score two more on 60 and 82 mins.

BWP, Kerm, JJ
  • Few times I've seen Hartlepool's highlights it seems they do try and play a bit of football which will suit us.
  • Few times I've seen Hartlepool's highlights it seems they do try and play a bit of football which will suit us.
    Yep it did a bit!
  • Oddly, I have a bad feeling about this one.  Hartlepool(s) are quite capable of putting a performance together that could undo SCPs gameplan.  I'd settle for a draw and staying top of the table.

And, of course, they'll have the ooompa loompas on their side.
    there you go......

What the feck do i know about football!

:)

COYR!
  • Glad a lot of people were proved wrong, goodness knows we've been through the ringer the last few years, which probably accounts for a lot of pessimism, I thought we'd get 4 points this week and we've ended up with 9 , I still think November is a tough month, I just hope at home the fans cam overcome their nerves and get behind the team from the start starting with Preston.
  • edited October 2011
    Physic RM here..............I got the winning score wrong, but predicted a win.........so in view of that I'm now going to say I have 3 out of 3 in results and 2 1/2 out of 3 for correct score.
    I'll be looking closley at my balls this week (Mrs RM will have to give a bit more 'spit' ......ooooh er mrs!! and polish on them this week!! ;-) )

I predict I will be back with a prediction for the PNE game this Friday.