Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter Photo's

edited January 2012 in Match Day Travel
I know people sometimes add images from the match so here are a couple I took today (my hands were too cold to remove gloves by kick off)

ex1.jpg 334.1K
ex2.jpg 337.4K
ex3.jpg 324.8K
ex4.jpg 379.1K

Comments

• sorry for single uploads, I tried to do all at once but the post wigged out
    ex4.jpg 379.1K
  • Cheers Shine. How long before kick off was this?
  • edited January 2012
    15-20 mins tops, the stands were pretty full by kick off.. but im sure even sold out it doesnt hold 6k
  • How many Charlton down there?
  • Good to meet you today, Shine!
  • difficult to tell, gonna guess at 927
  • Cheers. In my view that's not bad for a third division game.

Of course the usual suspects will tell you that it's crap - but it's not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to meet you today, Shine!

and you ! I thought you were pulling some derren brown mind tricks when you asked if I paint
  • Just seen the OS has got it at 828. Still not bad. Not fantastic by any means, but still nothing to get all suicidal about.
  • it's a pony turnout for our situation
  • Right on cue!
  • edited January 2012

There's a few Charlton Lifers in here, plus Charlton Tweeters. And Headphones Norm!
  • edited January 2012
  • sweet, me and my massive hat are in the bottom one
    goodbye 'orse

• edited January 2012
    it's a pony turnout for our situation
    Yes, how did people manage to keep themselves away from that beautiful football stadium? Somewhere between the corrugated iron backdrop, amongst the football conducive scenery of feeling like you're in someone's garden, and with a large gap between you and the pitch imploring you to keep out, my heart lies.

But I'll also assume you only made that 'pony' comment because of the horse balloon. Good one
  • Sponsored links:

• I sympathise with Oohaa here... I mean with a team in our postion how we couldn't sell out those green plastic garden chairs at the front is outrageous !
  • Difficult to understand how they could have fitted in another 450 people, which is the difference between the published figure and the total available. Even if there were 50 vacant seats, that's another 400 on the terrace. Rather you than me.
  • I said the same. Couldn't see where they'd put 100 more let alone 400.
  • yer, I agree you wouldnt want much more in our end. That red metal wall is blocking some off, but its not like they could move it on the day

There's a few Charlton Lifers in here, plus Charlton Tweeters. And Headphones Norm!
    Is the fella at the back with the long hair a lister? I heard him talking about travelling up from Devon and leaving home at 6.15am for home matches.
  • edited January 2012
    Difficult to understand how they could have fitted in another 450 people, which is the difference between the published figure and the total available. Even if there were 50 vacant seats, that's another 400 on the terrace. Rather you than me.
    TBF, it's usually me saying that. However, we moved towards the exit just before full time & the terrace to the right of the goal, as you look at the pitch probably had about 50 people on it. If the bit behing the goal holds 800 (plus 200 on the side & 300 in the seats), you probably could have got another 400 in there at a squeeze (as it was 2 years ago).
  • Tony Soprano is a steward at Exeter - who whouda thought it?!
  • Swear blind I saw Hulk Hogan stewarding
  • Surprising the number of older supporters we have travelling to long distance away matches these days.

Not so many years ago, it seemed that the majority of away supporters were under-30s

Of course those under-30s of years past are the 40s, 50s and 60s today, and are still doing the away games!
  • Surprising the number of older supporters we have travelling to long distance away matches these days.

Not so many years ago, it seemed that the majority of away supporters were under-30s

Of course those under-30s of years past are the 40s, 50s and 60s today, and are still doing the away games!
    No, all those oldies have long since left the smoke and retired to Devon & Cornwall. ;-)