Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporters at work

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Following on from jamescafc recent "So who does what then?" thread, I considered who supported who at work

I work in a very geeky environment, so there is no-one who is 'pwopa nawty' but I was suprised when I realised how many supporters of 'real' teams I worked with.

What is the 'spread' of supporters at your place and are there any nutters like our Motherwell fanatic?

CAFC*
Man U x2 (allowable as they are both 50+, come from Manchester, old school and one even has a green and gold scarf)
Arsenal* (plastic)
Chelsea
Peterborough*
Reading x2*
West Brom
Southampton*
Brighton*
Swindon*
Motherwell*
Barcelona
Portsmouth
Leeds
Aldershot*

* Regular match attendees

Comments

• AFC Wimbledon - One of the originals - 1
    CAFC - 1
    Chelski - 1 hes never been
    Manure - 1 hes never been
    Arsenal - 1 hes been once
    Tottenham - ST holder - She goes every home game.

The rest not interested in football only TOWIE it would appear
  • Currently working for a small company. We've got:

Charlton x 2 (me + 1)
    Man U (I let him off because he's the guy who used to play youth football with John Sullivan)
    Everton (goes up to games from Kent)
    Arsenal
    Chelsea

Dunno about anyone else.
  • I work on a huge City trading floor and just too many West Ham.
  • Newcastle x 2
    Sheffield Weds x 1
    Spurs x 2
    Villa x 1
    West Ham x 2
    Gills x 1
    Chelsea x 1
  • x1 Ipswich fan, who is my manager and is feeling a bit delicate round football at the moment.

x2 Arsenal fans. One who goes and knows his stuff. One who knows nothing about the club, players or anything and when she is being told so just puts on a fake Jamaican accent and kisses her teeth.

x1 Spurs fan, never goes and thinks they know it all but don't really know anything.

Another mate in the office claims he doesn't support anyone, but has been to Millwall too many times for my liking (even if the tickets were free).
  • "one even has a green and gold scarf" Do you mean he has an original green and gold scraf or he is a bandwagon man who wants the money global success gives but not the downsides. I note that neither Man u fans are starred as regular match attendees but theAresnal fan who is is noted as a plastic?

We have a Brighton fan and then a bucnh of top four plastics.
  • Too many to list as I work at a supermarket. However, we have one Wolves season ticket holder, one Arsenal fan who regularly goes, another 2 Arsenal fans who go occasionally (both work weekends so hard to go) and a Millwall fan who goes when he can (manager). However the rest are plastics.
  • west ham x2
    villa x1
    norwich x1
    hearts x1
  • Only CAFC fans allowed at My firm !
  • Likewise...
  • Sponsored links:

• "one even has a green and gold scarf" Do you mean he has an original green and gold scraf or he is a bandwagon man who wants the money global success gives but not the downsides. I note that neither Man u fans are starred as regular match attendees but theAresnal fan who is is noted as a plastic?
    Not original scarf, but both genuine fans just (un)lucky to get to only the occasional game. Regular attendees in my book are >5 games a season. The Arsenal fan is a plastic because he only goes on the back of a neighbours corporate tickets and because his son wants to go

• work in a company of thousands and my department is 200 but, in the area I sit and people I deal with closely:

Spurs x 1
    Arsenal x 1
    Huddersfield x 1
    Fulham x 1

none go regularly but talk about football like they do.

this morning for example, huddersfield fan says to me 'lucky 1-0 win for you at the weekend then?' I reply with 'Indeed. 9 points clear though. I see Jordan Rhodes scored again for you. Shame he and the rest of your team didn't concentrate straight after your goals so you didn't concede within 3 minutes' He looked at me as if i was odd for knowing that the goals were 2/3 minutes apart. He just looked up the result at the end and had no idea what time the goals were scored or how.

I don't mind a bit of banter and mickey taking but don't give it out when you know nothing.

I always wait for people to ask me about football results, never mention it first.
  • Lots of Arsenal
    Lots of plastic Man u,chelski,liverpool
    3 spurs
    2 palace
    1 fulham
    and me :)
  • Liverpool x2
    Newcastle x2
    Millwall x1
    Tottenham x1
    West Ham x1
    Boca Juniors x1
    Crystal Palace x1
  • JTJT
    edited January 2012
    I work with a load of women. Although one girl is a Charlton fan
  • I work with a load of women.
    and?
  • You work at Spearmint Rhinos?
  • Sorry should have said *load of women that are not into Football
  • or a Convent?
  • edited January 2012
    1 - CAFC
    1 - Bournemouth
    1 - Everton
    1 - Arsenal
    1 - Wendy
    1 - Brighton
    3 - UManU
    1 - Bradford
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of 16 people where i work, i am the only one who goes to football. none of them seem to have an affiliation to a team. 2 of them will ask how charlton got on out of politeness. the only person i can talk sport with is a rugby mad welshman.
    the days just fly by.
  • work in a company of thousands and my department is 200 but, in the area I sit and people I deal with closely:

Spurs x 1
    Arsenal x 1
    Huddersfield x 1
    Fulham x 1

none go regularly but talk about football like they do.

this morning for example, huddersfield fan says to me 'lucky 1-0 win for you at the weekend then?' I reply with 'Indeed. 9 points clear though. I see Jordan Rhodes scored again for you. Shame he and the rest of your team didn't concentrate straight after your goals so you didn't concede within 3 minutes' He looked at me as if i was odd for knowing that the goals were 2/3 minutes apart. He just looked up the result at the end and had no idea what time the goals were scored or how.

I don't mind a bit of banter and mickey taking but don't give it out when you know nothing.

I always wait for people to ask me about football results, never mention it first.
    Men are frightened of women who a) go to more football games than them and b) know more about football than them. Fact.

I refuse to talk about football with anyone in my office as they all know nothing about it and assume that having a penis means they automatically know everything.
  • Only CAFC fans allowed at My firm !
    Likewise...
    100% Addick here too : - )
  • Out of 16 people where i work, i am the only one who goes to football. none of them seem to have an affiliation to a team. 2 of them will ask how charlton got on out of politeness. the only person i can talk sport with is a rugby mad welshman.
    the days just fly by.
    Do you work at The Blue Oyster Club?
  • edited January 2012
    Charlton x 2 one being me.
    Arsenal x 2
    Chelsea x 1
    Palarse x 1
    West Ham x 3
    Swindon x 1
    Scunthorpe x 1
    Gills x1
    Spurs x 2
    Wendy x1
    oh and a Man utd fan, who now supports Mk dons aswell.

• I don't mind a bit of banter and mickey taking but don't give it out when you know nothing.

Men are frightened of women who a) go to more football games than them and b) know more about football than them. Fact.

I refuse to talk about football with anyone in my office as they all know nothing about it and assume that having a penis means they automatically know everything.
    Haha! certainly true for some. the spurs fan actually asks me for info on league one so he can ruin the huddersfield fan especially as he was giving it big about the unbeaten run. he doesn't seem bothered that i'm a girl and know a lot about football and asks my opinions about loads of things.

when the huddersfield fella came over to talk to the spurs fella about the cricket and I was listening to it and commented about how Monty should be recalled he actually said 'you don't like cricket too do you????' but not in a friendly way.
  • Charlton (me)
    Arsenal x 2
    West Ham x2
    Tottenham
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Rangers
  • 1- Reading (goes home @ away)
    1- Man Utd (and SHE goes home and away including Europe)
    1- Palace (goes when wife allows him)
    1- Millwall (can't now afford to go)
    1 - Spuds (can't now afford to go)
    1 - Coventry (plastic and with good reason)
  • Of those who actually appreciate the sport at my place there are:
    CAFC (me and my Dad) x2
    Millwall (Banter) x1
    West Ham (Further banter) x1
    Brighton (mostly since the new stadium was built - plastics :P) x3
    Man U (Only ever been to 1 game - away at Arsenal - defo plastic) x1
    Rangers (comes from Scotland) x1
    Darlington (doesn't like football and drew it out of a hat so he could feel 'involved') x1
  • edited January 2012
    Only 5 of us.

1 x cafc (me)
    1 x chelsea (might go once every 5 years)
    2 x millwall (only go 1 or 2 times a season)
    1 x likes football but don't support a team