Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATT TUBBS....

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
signed for Bournemouth!!

Whether we needed to get involved or not I think that's a good signing for them.

Comments

• No offence to Bournemouth, but the fact that he has signed for them suggests that he doesn't have the all round ability to make it in the Championship, otherwise clubs from there or us, Hudds or the Sheffield clubs would have been in for him. Don't forget Stuart Fleetwood also scored a shed load in the Conference and look what happened to him.
  • Good signing and demonstrates their new financial clout as was under the impression their previous 500k bid was rejected.

Don't think he is for us now but who is to say he might not be at some point in the future after a good 20 games for afcb under his belt in league one.
  • must of been very impressive bid if crawley thought it was enough to part with their star man
  • Bournemouth is his home tome club, so I'm sure that had a big say and Bournemouth are a club on the up.
  • Bloody hell! I'm stunned that Crawley have let him go.
  • Bloody hell! I'm stunned that Crawley have let him go.
    x2 - assumed if he did go it'd be for £1-2m and to a Championship club, seems like a very good signing for Bournemouth.
  • Think it was a Crawley player the other week who turned down a move to Blackpool because he couldn't agree personal terms. Tubbs must've been on decent wages.
  • Suprised by this. Very good player who can easily do well at this level in my opinion
  • £800k according to BBC..lot of money for League 1.

new owners must be demanding a play off place.
  • I'm surprised he didn't see out the cup run.

Bournemouth must have made an excellent offer
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he was waiting to see if Crawley got Spurs in the next round from what he was saying yesterday.
  • Think it was a Crawley player the other week who turned down a move to Blackpool because he couldn't agree personal terms. Tubbs must've been on decent wages.
    It was a Margate player
  • You get the feeling it could end in tears for Bournemouth again.
  • If that fee is correct (and it assumedly has the salary to go with it) then it is a great deal of money for a club averaging gates between 6000 and 7000. It is a lot of money for club with gates 3 times that. I like Bournemouth I sincerely hope they know what they are doing.

A fair price at Champion level too, an incredible sum at this level. Crawley are loaded, why let their best player go?
  • Lump on Swindon to win League 2 at 3/1 now Crawley's star man has gone
  • cheltenham? i got 25's three weeks ago

• I thought he might have gone to a bigger club. Good signing for Bournemouth.
  • I thought he might have gone to a bigger club. Good signing for Bournemouth.
    I heard he didn't fancy going to Wednesday
  • You get the feeling it could end in tears for Bournemouth again.
    You mean they won't like it when we use them as our feeder club and pick him up next season (if he proves himself)?? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• cheltenham? i got 25's three weeks ago

Di Canio says they are going to win the league, so they are going to win the league...especially now they have Benson ;-)

25/1 - impressive
  • Barnett has scored 12 for Crawley, the same number as Tubbs so it looks as if they still have a treat up front plus 800k in the bank.

Fair play to Bounemouth, that is serious money.
  • He's a great signing for an upwardly mobile club. Start of the season I fancied B'mouth for relegation, best players sold, Howe gone and in a financial mess. The Russian takeover has stabilised the club and I now fancy them for a play off spot. I reckon Tubbs is going for a very good salary as goalscorers are at an absolute premium and he is a natural; confident, cocky, a new Owen/Greaves type. I wonder how Crawley will cope without Tubbs... Brodie another prolific non league striker who they got from York and is on loan at Fleetwood might well be recalled.
  • I wont believe it until it is on the official site Bournemouth thread.

A fair price at Champion level too, an incredible sum at this level. Crawley are loaded, why let their best player go?

Hefty % sell on clause for the manager paid into an account set up in his golden retriever's name?*

*this is not true (for the benefit of the tax evader's lawyers)

• My dad's fourfold bet is looking good now, Man City, Reading, Charlton, Southend. He got 10's on us and 28's on Southend

Surprised they've let Tubbs go to be honest, maybe they feel the money they get from the sale can be used to buy 2 or 3 quality players for their level (though they seem to be loaded already)

Apparently the Financial Fair Play rules have (or will from next season) been brought in to League Two so Crawley basically need to re-coup some money or they wont pass these rules. Not sure what the penalty is for not passing and still not sure why they would sell their best player, but this could be the reason.
  • edited January 2012
    Bournemouth is his home town club, so I'm sure that had a big say and Bournemouth are a club on the up.
    This. The lad is going home. And an ambition realised to play for the club he supported as a boy.

It's also a sensible move for him - after only half a season as a Division 2 player, he's stepped up one more division after previously playing non-league all his career.

He'll no doubt be on a pay rise too, but he's not been too greedy or overambitious by demanding a Championship club before he's ready.

• I wont believe it until it is on the official site Bournemouth thread.
    Can't find the Official Bournemouth thread, Sorry.

• edited January 2012

Surprised they've let Tubbs go to be honest, maybe they feel the money they get from the sale can be used to buy 2 or 3 quality players for their level (though they seem to be loaded already)
    Apparently Crawley have agreed a fee with West Ham for the mighty Frank Nouble.

I'm not sure why Bournemouth went in for Tubbs (especially at that price). They'd already signed Crawley's best striker (imho) earlier this season - Wes Thomas.