Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: PLEASE ALL READ

We would be extremely grateful if everyone reading this (members & lurkers) could just take five minutes to complete the linked survey.

There are two key reasons why this survey is essential to us:

1. We are currently undertaking a complete review of Charlton Life (CL)—its offerings and its purposes—and in order to do that properly, we need some degree of knowledge of what people like, dislike, and really want to ensure we develop forward in the right way
2. We simply cannot financially support the running of CL anymore. What started as a hobby for us six years ago has grown by an enormous degree, and so have the costs associated with it. We both have young families, and don’t have the necessary spare income to put to this anymore. In short, we simply have to make CL financially sustainable in order for it to continue and for it to develop.

We want to continue to try and move CL forwards, and to do so it is essential to us that the views of the users are taken fully into consideration on the best way to achieve this. So if you can find the necessary five minutes to complete the survey as honest as possible, we would be extremely grateful.

Charlton Life: Survey

Any questions, or issues please direct them to our Inboxes (Go to your Inbox and select "Start a new conversation" (direct them to both Lookout and AFKABartram), or send an email to admin [the little circle-y "a"] charltonlife.com

Many Thanks
Lookout & AFKA

Comments

• edited February 2012
  • I was very honest. Probably get banned now.
  • I fall between 24 and 33 years of age - there is no category for me!
  • My age group 25-32 isn't there.
    I said you were what annoyed me the most about the site

:-)
  • I fall between 24 and 33 years of age - there is no category for me!

we are the 0%
  • My age range is missing Lookie, you've got 18-24 then 33-40 missing us 25-32 year olds! I've gone for the 18-24 because I'm not accepting getting old!
  • Boo boo with the age category, if you're 25-32, hold off and ill let you know when we've got it added.
  • You think my time is valuable? Would I spend so much of it on here is it was valuable!!
  • I'd love to know how many don't admit to coming on every day even though they, like loads of us, do.
  • Sponsored links:

I said you were what annoyed me the most about the site

At least I wasn't the only one who named an individual in that section!
  • Missing age bracket now added, apologies.
  • I'd love to know how many don't admit to coming on every day even though they, like loads of us, do.
    I'm in denial.
  • I wish my age bracket was missing
    I'm in denial.</blockquote

Enjoy your time in Egypt

• I take it that the info required is to be used to attract advertisers to this site?
  • Boo boo with the age category, if you're 25-32, hold off and ill let you know when we've got it added.

Too late i've done the right thing and gone for 18-24 instead.

objection your honour !!!
  • edited February 2012
    I'd love to know how many don't admit to coming on every day even though they, like loads of us, do.
    I'm in denial.
    Not bad actually Len, apart from the trots, flew out to Luxor then took the cruise down to Aswan.
  • I mentioned in my summing up notes that Lookout & AFKA will not keep everyone happy, reading above aint that the truth.

• Sponsored links:

• Can you put a link back to the site once you've completed the survey?
    I know it sounds picky but it just makes it easier for dopes like me.
  • I take it that the info required is to be used to attract advertisers to this site?
    FMA, no it won't. Its purely for the benefit of Lookout and myself and won't be shared anywhere else. Its to help us in our decision making, that's all.

As said in opening post, if anyone has any questions please send us an inbox and we'll happy reply.

Thanks

• ive also completed already, stuck meself in 18-24, despite being a touch over that...
  • edited February 2012
    I take it that the info required is to be used to attract advertisers to this site?
    No, not necessarily, in that this info, as made clear, is for our internal use. We want to make sure we "understand" the community (demographics, what's liked/disliked etc). Yes, it will give us an idea on opinions about ads and any concerns that members may have, but it certainty isn't info we're collecting to purposely share with ad people. We just want to make sure any decisions we make put the community first. It may be that we are able to get broad info that informs advertising decisions.

Does that make sense?

• AFKA/LOOKIE: Without going into too much detail, would you mind explaining what inccurs the running cost of this site?

Sorry for my ignorance but I know naff all about what goes on behind the scene.

• AFKA/LOOKIE: Without going into too much detail, would you mind explaining what inccurs the running cost of this site?

Sorry for my ignorance but I know naff all about what goes on behind the scene.
    Their tab up The OXO Tower for monthly meetings has to be covered before we even start talking band width.

• Done, thought we'd be asked for our usernames at some point in it.

I rounded to the closest and sadly went higher
  • Done, thought we'd be asked for our usernames at some point in it.
    Were we not?

I think they'll know who's me.