Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Solly running around in circles!!!

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Sometime in the second half, right in front of the dug out, he got entangled with a couple of Stevenage players, one moment they had the ball then he had the ball then they had the ball then he had the ball....he actualy ran around in as tight a circle as you can imagine.....it was a really funny moment but typical of the little fella that he just stuck to the ball and the task at hand like glue....unfortunately the ref blew up for a free kick against him (might have been a bit of shirt pulling) otherwise he might have gone on running around in a circle till he dropped!!!

Comments

• He is immesnse. everything about him oozes charlton athletic.

Little man with a MASSIVE heart. Love him.
  • I swear he has velcro on his boots because that ball sticks to his feet! I saw it too - almost like dancing! So funny. He never takes his eye off the ball.
  • ....unfortunately the ref blew up for a free kick against him (might have been a bit of shirt pulling) otherwise he might have gone on running around in a circle till he dropped!!!
    I thought the free kick was because their player got dizzy and fell over....!

Yes.
    He gives 100% and you can't ask for more than that. He'll go all the way.

• He is a bully picking on a man twice his size.

Apart from supporting Arsenal!

• Did anyone else notice he was not wearing the elasticated bandage on his arm today
  • The young man was class (again). Good to see back in action.
  • Had serious doubts about Solly before the season and doubted he would hold down right back position. Now he just epitomises everything about the new Charlton under CP. like his Gaffer he's a class act.
  • Solly poty without.a doubt
  • Sponsored links:

• The elasticated bandage was a superstitious thing. He had it when he had his tattoo and said he would take it off when we lost. Hasn't worn it since Leyton Orient.. Not that he was playing in that game.
  • Quite simply this boy is magic, as someone has said up thread he'll go all the way, right up there with Yann and Morro for my vote this season.
  • edited February 2012
    Why hasnt Pearce shortlisted him for the holland game!
  • The young man was class (again). Good to see back in action.
    Thanks Ray Wilkins :-)
  • There's something about Chris that inspires confidence - he's such a tidy looking player, and you just know he's not going to have some catastrophic lapse of concentration. And his ball skills are phenomenal for a full back. I hope we can match his ambition and keep him all the way to the prem.
  • Makes it even more of a crass decision by SCP to drop him in the previous Stevenage game
  • Im just glad that Arsenal bought jenkinson instead of solly. A better player IMO and got to be in the running for POTY. Best right back in the league by a country mile
  • How the f##k was he 3rd choice last season !?
  • Im just glad that Arsenal bought jenkinson instead of solly. A better player IMO and got to be in the running for POTY. Best right back in the league by a country mile
    Spot on, been saying this since before Jenkinson went

• Makes it even more of a crass decision by SCP to drop him in the previous Stevenage game
    Yeah, I agree Powell is pony isn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

Jenkinson would have done very well in this team.
  • hes like one of those little jack russell's you see over the park chasing a ball about... id hate to play against him, just doesnt give up on anything, love that!
  • We should get a 'Solly for England' chant started

Jenkinson would have done very well in this team.
    I'm sure jenkinson would have done.Nothing against the lad. Wonderful move for him. However the money we got for him has enabled Powell to re build this team and would rather have solly in at right back as he is a better player
  • edited February 2012
    Jenkinson wouldn't have done as well as Solley. For me he has shown a new dimension to his game this season. If you beat him, he somehow manages to get back at you. He gets forward well too. In all honesty, I think we are probably going to have the best defence in the Championship next season!
  • every week the opposing team target solly because he is small

every week solly has there attackers in his back pocket

class act
  • the boy's came far since millwall away.
  • the boy's came far since millwall away.
    When he played out of position...
  • I think Jenkinson would have done a great job for us this season at RB, but no better than Solly, and it would have been a waste to have 2 good young RBs, when by selling Jenkinson we got £1m to really strengthen the team elsewhere.

It also sent a good message out about our acedemy,

him or wiggins maybe?