Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

will self

This man infuriates me no end , I don't disagree with him in all he says but I just want to hit him

Anyone else feel like this or is it just me

Comments

• I'm pretty confident it won't be just you given the general tone of the forum, but I really like him.
  • Sat opposite him at a big old wedding in a barn in Glocestershire last year.
    Very funny, very down to earth despite his linguistic games and self depracating.
    Came away thinking what top bloke I would like to spend more time with in the pub.
  • Self opinionated, coke headed, smug snob of the worst kind.
  • Never sure what he's really like. But overly self obsessed at times then can be self depricating at others.
  • I'm not a fan of what I've seen of him on the box....
  • ....... I saw Keith Allen on My Life In Books the other evening too and have to say what a complete moron he seems to be. Sniggering, off camara, at anything his fellow guest (Alexandra Shulman) had to say. Banging on about his time in institutions and that they were the best times of his life because he "knew who his enemies were". My opinions changed of him over that one hald hour program!
  • You may not agree with everything he says, but I enjoyed watching him on Question Time last night running rings round the politicians - don't tangle with him unless you've really researched your subject - a very clever bloke who probably quite often gets punched in pubs!

Talking about people called Will, Will Young always comes across well on QT. He should forget the singing business and get into politics full time.
  • I'm with U-Boat on this one.Jim Davidson - good,Will Self bad.
  • Here we go.
  • yes will be loved by the left wing twonks on here as above -guy should be burnt
    I do love a burnin'

Not all of us left wing twonks like him.
  • Sponsored links:

• yes will be loved by the left wing twonks on here as above -guy should be burnt
    what a lovely inclusive attitude

• edited March 2012
    Good call BIG_R... thought he came across as the a particularly odious example of the self obsessed left wing luvvie class. I also sensed that Alexandra Shulman thought he was a complete knob as well.

As for Will Self, a perfect reason to turn off the TV or Radio and feck off and do something more interesting instead.
  • What he said about the railways was 1000% spot on though.
  • The usual people calling others left wing in here. Sigh.
  • edited March 2012
    What he said about the railways was 1000% spot on though.
    don't know what he said, but presumably something along the lines that the odious ideological right-wing twonks who privatised them should be burnt

And vice versa colt................ in case you hadn't noticed.

• What he said about the railways was 1000% spot on though.
    don't know what he said, but presumably something along the lines that the odious ideological right-wing twonks who privatised them should be burnt

I can't remember what he said re. the railway, but my point wasn't political. I just thought that he was acting like a complete knob, trying to come over like something that he certainly ain't.
  • Only heard a bit, but the trains bit was spot on.
    I find him a bit smug and slow speaking but find it hard to disagree with his arguments the way he puts them across. @les_says has read a few of his books and they're apparently really good.
  • .... I tend to agree with SoundAs though. Sigh

I haven't noticed
  • Sponsored links:

• Somoene told me once that he was caught doing heroin on an airplane , whilst he was working as a journo

dont know if it is true

I haven't noticed
    Really???
  • edited March 2012
    Somoene told me once that he was caught doing heroin on an airplane , whilst he was working as a journo

dont know if it is true
    True, he was on the PM's plane.

• Somoene told me once that he was caught doing heroin on an airplane , whilst he was working as a journo

dont know if it is true

It was coke and he was on the PM's plane.

gone up in my estimation that mustve been a great conversation to have witnessed

• I saw QT last night, I like the bloke, he can come across as smug and often goes of on a tangent, but most of his comments are well reasoned and thought out.
    I found Pickles quite 'interesting' as well.
  • edited March 2012
    Here's a big surprise for you all - I like Will Self. Some of his writing is fantastic too. Grey Area is brilliant.

I haven't noticed
    Really???
    Let me take my blinkers off... nope still don't see it
  • Here's a big surprise for you all - I like Will Self. Some of his writing is fantastic too. Grey Area is brilliant.
    I thought you were Will Self Leroy!
  • it was a good show last night. not too much party sniping (although it was on the agenda of labour bird). Will Young went up in my estimations. Particularly liked his comment re gay marriages being 'dangerous'..what are they going to do attack with mirror balls and Dolly Parton records?!
  • His books are great and most of what he says I agree with. He ran rings around the Question Time panel.