Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tendulkar gets his 100th hundred

About bloody time !!!!

Comments

• Only took him about a million try's since he got 99.
  • Nice one, well done the little master!
  • A great achievement, now for a hundred first class hundreds.
  • What a legend and thank god.... the press made so much of this which obviously got to him.
    Do you really think he can get there? Or indeed has he the desire? Maybe if he took a contract at a 2nd Div county for a year or so he could do it. Needs another 22.

If he doesn't, I cannot really see anyone else ever achieving this feat again.
    Do you really think he can get there? Or indeed has he the desire? Maybe if he took a contract at a 2nd Div county for a year or so he could do it. Needs another 22.

How old is he now? He was very young when he started so could be younger than we perhaps think.
  • A great achivement, if a slight anticlimax to get it in Bangladesh!

It's hard to get 100 first class centuries these days, as international players play so little 3/4 day cricket outside test matches. The likes of Cook would previously have got several tons for his county Essex a season before central contracts.

• How old is he now? He was very young when he started so could be younger than we perhaps think.
    He's 39, so not too many seasons left I shouldn't think
  • It's hard to get 100 first class centuries these days, as international players play so little 3/4 day cricket outside test matches. The likes of Cook would previously have got several tons for his county Essex a season before central contracts.
    I'd say it's impossible.
  • It's hard to get 100 first class centuries these days, as international players play so little 3/4 day cricket outside test matches. The likes of Cook would previously have got several tons for his county Essex a season before central contracts.
    I'd say it's impossible.
    Agree. As much as I like and admire the guy it must surely be time for him to seriously consider retiring with head held high.
  • Sponsored links:

• You know what? .. despite all the facts and figures, the riches and adulation, I think he is and always has been overrated. The Bollywood barons love him and his cute little face .. awwwwwww ..... that has prolonged a career as a bit of a flat track bully. A very good batsman but ....
  • weird thing is he scored all them runs yet the thing i remember most about seeing him live was a catch he took at lords as a 17 year old to dismiss alan lamb.

8.08 in the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wanPEBFujE
  • You know what? .. despite all the facts and figures, the riches and adulation, I think he is and always has been overrated. The Bollywood barons love him and his cute little face .. awwwwwww ..... that has prolonged a career as a bit of a flat track bully. A very good batsman but ....
    You just love it don't you?

Overworshiped by a billion plus people yes but I don't think he's over rated as a batsman. However I do reckon Lara was the better batsman of this era.
    For my whole time of watching cricket though, no one was better than Viv.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    LOL @ Overrated. You're insane.
    Just looked at the figures: his test average v the best team of his era, Australia, is 57, and 53 in Australia.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    This is what infuriates me about this board. It is quite clear from the title of the thread that this is about cricket. Ok some of you don't like cricket but to come on and insult us with that nasty "ZZZzzzz" comment is just rude.
    If you don't like the topic, don't open the thread. Simple!
  • He is overrated by Indian fans who worship him like a minor deity. He's still one of the best cricketers of his generation and in the top 10 batsmen of al time.
  • edited March 2012
    You know what? .. despite all the facts and figures, the riches and adulation, I think he is and always has been overrated. The Bollywood barons love him and his cute little face .. awwwwwww ..... that has prolonged a career as a bit of a flat track bully. A very good batsman but ....
    You just love it don't you?

Overworshiped by a billion plus people yes but I don't think he's over rated as a batsman. However I do reckon Lara was the better batsman of this era.
    For my whole time of watching cricket though, no one was better than Viv.
    Yeah, Viv the Butcher (not Basil) .. and a lucky man at never having to face his own bowling attack .. a pleasure to watch such a brute of a batsman .. BUT in the clichéd event of having to ask a batsman to bat to save my life and/or my daughter's virginity .. Ricky Ponting is the man for me. EDIT .. should say 'was the man for me' as, of course he is now about 45 and very short sighted. One for this era and beyond .. Capn Cook'll do me
  • Just looked at the figures: his test average v the best team of his era, Australia, is 57, and 53 in Australia.. is that all Lawrie ?

the way people carry on it's as if it should be 157 and 253
  • Sponsored links:

• Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    This is what infuriates me about this board. It is quite clear from the title of the thread that this is about cricket. Ok some of you don't like cricket but to come on and insult us with that nasty "ZZZzzzz" comment is just rude.
    Like you on the Formula 1 thread then?

Hypocrite

• Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Like you on the Formula 1 thread then?

Hypocrite

Gotcha!

Glad it was you young Rudd!

• Steve Waugh for me. The best batsman in his family.

• Steve Waugh for me. The best batsman in his family.

I love that sledge to Mark Waugh.
  • Shame The Master had to do it against Bangladesh.
  • Tendulker's seen as the best not just because of his stats but also his technique is close to flawless. Some of the shots he plays are from a technical standpoint incredible.
  • Saatchin Tendulkar v Sunil Gavaskar = two masters
  • He's only 5 ft 3.

How old is he now? He was very young when he started so could be younger than we perhaps think.
    He's a few days shy of his 39th birthday - and currently needs 22 FC hundreds, as he mostly plays Test cricket these days (in First Class cricketing terms) and has commitments with Mumbai in the IPL then it's unlikely and sad too as a 100 FC hundreds would be a great achievement. If he doesn't make it then I doubt we'll see a cricketer get there (or even get close) for a long time if ever. Only in England do teams play more than a few matches a season and we are cutting back. The last two players to get there - Graeme Hick and Ramps played Test cricket but never made it as Test cricketers so they had few distractions, anyone half decent is going to go on a central contract and play at best half a dozen FC matches for their County a season and a few Tests so they simply won't play enough cricket. For that reason I hope he does carry on and get there - but realistically it'll take him five/six seasons and he'll have long retired by then.
    Just looked at the figures: his test average v the best team of his era, Australia, is 57, and 53 in Australia.
    They are still good numbers, it's hard to score runs in Test cricket when wickets are falling around you. But one of his first Test hundreds was at Perth, any batsman who gets runs on that track is special, more so when he's a bit short of a length himself. Saying that Kid Concrete took a hundred off Lillee, Thommo and Gimour at Perth in 1975. And he was around Tendulkar's height.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63151.html