Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Crouch

Just seen the goal he scored yesterday. What a strike. Technically brilliant, goal of the season in my humble opinion.

Comments

• Maybe we could get him in on loan.

Nah - not tall enough.
  • Didn't look though did he. Are you sure it wasn't a cross? ;-)
  • Goal of the season.
  • Very under-rated player, I bet Stoke can't believe their luck that they got him from Spurs.

Would do a far better job at Liverpool than Carroll and deserves a recall for England.
  • I rate him very highly. Cracking player.
  • it was a swinger / cross............(my views on Crouch are similiar to MCS's on Giggs!)
  • Great goal but I thought MOTD last night went way over the top. Lots of really good goals scored every week that are buried in the 10 second highlights with Manich and co'.
  • Goal of the season, clearly a shot. Crouch is a bloody good footballer.
  • Defo a shot. He says he practises that sort of thing a lot but not many go in. One of the few Prem footballers who I'd believe when they say things like that.
  • I dont care how good he is, he looks wrong and shouldnt play football....ever!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit like our first against Yeovil. Freak one off (a bit like Mr Crouch himself)
  • Did Curbs not try to sign him for us at one point but too expensive?
  • edited March 2012
    Good goal but made better by the fact he's an England player and doesn't look like he can do it with his gangly clumsy nature.

If, for example, Gardener had scored that (he scores screamers regularly IIRC), it would have just been a quick highlight, barely worth a mention.
  • why has no-one mentioned or posted a pic of his g/f? surely it's relevant.
    thank god

He did...Didnt want to spend 7m on him. I think it was the pre-season 2005/06. Wouldve been a Bent-Crouch partnership.
  • Nothing he does "looks" technically brilliant, even that strike which was excellent still had his gangly arms and legs flying all over the place.
  • i think he's a good player
  • i think he's a good player
    I agree, should definitely be in the Euro 2012 squad ahead of Bobby Zamora and Andy Carroll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't seen the goal yet - but I do remember him being totally marked out of the game by Chris Perry.
  • England 42 app's & 22 goals
    Club from QPR onwards 378 app's & 101 goals

much rather have him going to the Euros as our 'tall' centre forward than anyone else.
  • Rather have Holt as our tall player if we have to have one
  • A very under rated player by those outside football. However, those in football have always rated him highly. Once saw him at Arsenal for Liverpool and he was unplayable. Great player in my opinion.
  • Bartlett's against Leciester was better, in my very biased opinion.
  • The guy works on his technique and it shows.

I have issues with him being a little one-dimensional (stop the service and that's the end of his threat), and at England level would prefer we had a target man who had pace too.

And the biggest drawback is the referees' perception of him, particularly those who don't see him very often, and as a result he gives away far too many free kicks. Even though it's the refs who often get it wrong, it still happens enough to be a major drawback.
  • That's a great team and individual goal. Can't "hate" on it.
  • Stunning goal. Actually think he meant it but why on earthbwas he shooting from there?

Despite watching Crouch for two and a bit seasons at Spurs, cant make up my mind about him. He scored some important goals granted, the goal at Man City to get CL qualification, scored at the San Siro in our smash & grab on AC Milan and he seemed to be building a good partnership with vdV but the main problem was both of them have got no pace at all and you cant play Crouch in a 4-5-1 because of that.

Excuse the analogy but he seems to have his head up in the clouds most of the time, he lacks concentration. He's got great feet for a big man, he's capable of scoring goals like that at the weekend but more often than not, he'll flash his first time effort just wide when any other player would have taken an extra touch. Then the other frustrating thing is that despite his height, he doesnt jump to head the ball when he really should.

Then of course, not so much his fault, as soon as he gets on the pitch, his team mates lump the ball up to him rather than play it into his feet. Sounds picky but as soon as Redknapp but him on, whether from the start or as sub, the full backs and Dawson in particular would ping long raking balls into him and we'd lose possession time and time again.

Having said all that, he'd be in my squad for the Euro's. He's international scoring record is excellent. Will never be one of my favourite players to have graced WHL but he put in 100% every game.

• Don't rate him at all. Great goal but any player can score a one-off good goal.

Can't think of much else he has done this season. Don't know how he's played for the teams he has.
  • Don't rate him at all. Great goal but any player can score a one-off good goal.

Can't think of much else he has done this season. Don't know how he's played for the teams he has.
    Duh.