Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradley Wright Phillps or Gary Madine or Jordan Rhodes

Comments

• Pawell Abbott....

NAAAAT....

BWP fo' sho'

• Sorry but the only explanation can be people trying to look clever and like they know football by picking Rhodes above BWP,   it proves the opposite IMO - BWP is stand out better than Rhodes and not even comparable to Madine - sorry but he is even better than a Premiership player with the same surname.
  • Rhodes has been called up by Scotland for the Cyprus game on Friday 11th November. (Reckon he misses their FA Cup game - boo).
  • Sheffield Wednesday's Gary Madine has admitted a charge of
    improper conduct by the Football Association following his red card against
    Carlisle.

The 21-year-old striker has requested a personal hearing following an
    incident after he was dismissed in last month's game against his former
    club.

Madine is alleged to have motioned his head towards referee Paul Tierney and
    made comments towards home fans on his way to the dressing room.

The Owls lost the game 3-2.

• bradders full stop!
  • Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Madine has been hit with an additional one-match ban by the Football Association.

Madine was sent off for a second bookable offence against his former club Carlisle last week and was suspended for Saturday's trip to Wycombe.But it was his reaction to the red card which prompted an FA investigation, and as well as a £500 fine the 21-year-old will miss this weekend's visit of Brentford.An statement on the FA website read: "At an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing, Sheffield Wednesday's Gary Madine was fined £500 for improper conduct."Along with the fine, Madine was also given a one-match ban with immediate effect for his language and/or behaviour following his dismissal during Wednesday's fixture at Carlisle United on 25 October 2011."Madine had admitted the charge and requested a personal hearing."
  • Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Madine has been hit with an additional one-match ban by the Football Association.

Madine was sent off for a second bookable offence against his former club Carlisle last week and was suspended for Saturday's trip to Wycombe.But it was his reaction to the red card which prompted an FA investigation, and as well as a £500 fine the 21-year-old will miss this weekend's visit of Brentford.An statement on the FA website read: "At an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing, Sheffield Wednesday's Gary Madine was fined £500 for improper conduct."Along with the fine, Madine was also given a one-match ban with immediate effect for his language and/or behaviour following his dismissal during Wednesday's fixture at Carlisle United on 25 October 2011."Madine had admitted the charge and requested a personal hearing."
    Great news!
  • Sorry but the only explanation can be people trying to look clever and like they know football by picking Rhodes above BWP
    Bump

Was there ever an easier League One player of the season?

• Madine is the best suited for long term success in a higher division. Once he matures as a person, I expect to see him playing for England within three years.
  • Jordan Rhodes any day !
  • Sponsored links:

• BWP
  • I know Rhodes has scored a hat full in this pub league but after watching him live once this season all that really impressed me was his penalty.Felt our back four had the measure of him and he didn't look half as good as some would like to think.
  • Rhodes is strong, quick and an absolutely lethal finisher.

BWP started so well and he too seemed lethal. Poor form and lack of confidence over the last few months has led to a poorer goal return. Did look like scoring for a while.
  • bigstemarra hits the nail on the head when he says 'Loyalty dictates...' plus I think a whole lotta love.

However... JR 22 years old,35 goals this season,I think,
    BWP 27 years old,21 goals,I think.

Plus BWP isn't Charlton's best player let alone the League's.

It's a no-brainer~but my heart...
  • Madine is the best suited for long term success in a higher division. Once he matures as a person, I expect to see him playing for England within three years.
    Not a chance
  • Rhodes.

Then sell him and buy BWP and Madine - probably have a bit of change left over too.
  • Loyalty indeed, we are still very lucky to have managed to get BWP to come to us when he did. Quality striker in league one.
  • Rhodes, but all three can play at a higher level - then we'll really see who the best is
  • How many goals have Huddersfield scored? How many have we scored? If Rhodes played for Charlton he would also have had to compete with one of the most prolific goalscoring teams in the league, rather than being the only significant goalscorer. As a result I suspect his goal total would be less.
  • How many goals have Huddersfield scored? How many have we scored? If Rhodes played for Charlton he would also have had to compete with one of the most prolific goalscoring teams in the league, rather than being the only significant goalscorer. As a result I suspect his goal total would be less.
    Or he would have scored more because he had better players around him ?
  • Sponsored links:

Even loyalty has its limits.
  • I just think that Div One is where the football stops and the shite begins.Next season will be different,if any of the three mentioned were nailed on dogs doo dahs I reckon higher echelon teams would have been in for them. OK BWP has knee problems,I reckon Rhodes is someone that can kill a poor team but can he hack it up the way? He has chucked himself in with the Scots who are currently rated behind Wales in the FIFA rankings,the Old Firm who are shite havent come in for him,I wonder thats all?
  • The stats don't lie, Jordan Rhodes is an incredible scorer at this level. Not to mention he is a lot younger than BWP and has greater sell-on value.

Big fan of BWP though.
  • BWP we all love him!!!
    Even loyalty has its limits.
    ;0p

• edited April 2012
    Rhodes is strong, quick and an absolutely lethal finisher.

BWP started so well and he too seemed lethal. Poor form and lack of confidence over the last few months has led to a poorer goal return. Did look like scoring for a while.
    Christ, BWP just gets worse and worse doesnt he. Soon now we'll be considering how lucky he was to get in our team, and is he really good enough for us, rather than realising that the fact we are top of this league and will be getting out of it soon is due in no small part to his 21 goals.

F***ing hell I'm going to bed!

See you on the match thread ;0)
  • BWP came to us when plymouth didn't have a pot to piss in and we had a small pot. There were other options, but i believe Powell was the deciding factor. BWP is part of our squad on merit and he's the best finisher we've had in a while. When he was banging them in early season, people worried that he may be poached in January, then a lean spell comes and people are looking elsewhere. Like in a relationship, loyalty is the key and also patience. BWP for me.
  • Im really not sure, not Madine for sure. I think BWP would be, as some said, a bit of a James Beattie, inconsistent, but I can't see Rhodes doing particularly well in the upper leageus seeing how easily he was shut down completely by our defence. Whether that's because of poor supply or not I don't know. For now, i'll go with BWP. But we'll see ...
  • Jamie Vardy please.
  • Rhodes is strong, quick and an absolutely lethal finisher.

Christ, BWP just gets worse and worse doesnt he. Soon now we'll be considering how lucky he was to get in our team, and is he really good enough for us, rather than realising that the fact we are top of this league and will be getting out of it soon is due in no small part to his 21 goals.

F***ing hell I'm going to bed!

See you on the match thread ;0)
    Chose to totally ignore my following post then?