Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reasons for missing an away game/weekend

Gumbo is missing Blackpool away as he's going to 'Horse of the Year'. Can anyone beat that?

Comments

• I doubt it. The Horse Of the Year Show is one of those things that seems to come around about once a month. At least it doesn't get the TV coverage it used to!
  • Let's hope that Gumbo doesn't get too many faults and enjoys his nosebag
  • Shocking, wonder if his Mrs will make him wear the Horses Flymask?
  • Kets: What are you trying to tell us ?
  • Yes it true I'm gutted, my mrs and her mate bought these tickets in January saying we can make a weekend of it etc, so me and my mate John have to go! For years she tried to make my go to olympia and about two year ago to keep the peace I went, its not my thing and tbh neither is HOTY but what can I do?

Fly masks thing isn't not my think either.
  • You are dead to me
  • Apparently I saw your parents boozer in deepest darkest Kent not long ago. I don't known you but I think they may be quite ashamed. Horses? Go to that little rare breed centre down the road! No good.
  • tell me gumbo is the wrong side of 40 or his wife/girlfriend is posh otherwise this relationship or him are doooomed for life ;-)
  • He looks it but he's not.
  • so he looks as old as Nicholas
  • Sponsored links:

• Woah, come on there's no need for that!
  • oh sorry he doesn't look in his 50s , fair enough
  • Surely you can tell the missus she can take a couple more of her horsey friends and make a weekend of it, whilst you and John go to Blackpool for the weekend and do likewise. She can tell you all about it afterwards. Get her tickets for Hickstead as a surprise as a thank you. That won't clash as its soon.

If she doesn't like that idea then my advice is to just go to Blackpool and f##k Hickstead because long term you are indeed doomed.
  • Still, at least he'll be in good company all weekend, with his long face.
  • Surely you can tell the missus she can take a couple more of her horsey friends and make a weekend of it, whilst you and John go to Blackpool for the weekend and do likewise. She can tell you all about it afterwards. Get her tickets for Hickstead as a surprise as a thank you. That won't clash as its soon.

If she doesn't like that idea then my advice is to just go to Blackpool and f##k Hickstead because long term you are indeed doomed.
    Don't nag him.
  • Gumbo is missing Blackpool away as he's going to 'Horse of the Year'. Can anyone beat that?
    I dont know medders what was your excuse for missing the last 3 seasons?

Come back out the woodwork now!!
  • Update told my mrs that I was missing Blackpool for her HOTY she said "you can go" I don't think she means that tho!?!?
  • Update told my mrs that I was missing Blackpool for her HOTY she said "you can go" I don't think she means that tho!?!?
    Did she say"you can go if you want".

If she did that means you are in the shit if you do go.

• You are dead to me

Pot kettle black, Daniel ;-)
  • oh sorry he doesn't look in his 50s , fair enough
    Says the grey haired fella
  • Sponsored links:

• Southamptonaddick it was one of those comments when you think what ever i say next it's gonna be wrong. I will still be at more games the Medders this season so may have to let her win this one, if I'm lucky Blackpool away 3rd round F.A Cup
  • Gumbo tell her bollocks, that is what I done three years ago about going to a game haven't seen her since.
  • So she's said yes Gumbo? What you being a melt for then?
  • So she's said yes Gumbo? What you being a melt for then?
    When a woman says yes to this type of request, it usually means no. As men, we're expected to be able to understand this.
  • This is a good opportunity for Gumbo to explain to her that its better to say what you mean. Also there is now no need to be forking out for a Hickstead ticket as a sweetener.
  • And another no-show last night... He shall no longer be known as Gumbo. What a disgrace.
  • I've just remembered why meddlers missed a home game a few years ago....

To watch rugby

Case closed
  • Rugby v horse of the year show.... hmmmm