Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo playing really well for Liverpool vs Man city ...

Some good battling in the middle and excellent distribution...

Comments

• Not sure I agree to be honest
  • Haha... Fair enough ... I think I might have my biased glasses on... I think he's looked good ...
  • Fair enough .... That header to no one was awful ...
  • No fair enough, I just have to look at the player ratings threads to see how differently two blokes watching the same game can perceive performances. !! I just think the other Liverpool players, particuarly Sterling and Allen are outshining Jonjo. I wonder if we're due any more money due from the Shelvy transfer ?
  • Up til then I thought he had not made any mistakes and also out jumped and won a header against Yaya Toure .... For Jonjo to not make a mistake in his first 20 mins on the pitch I thought was good ... Then headed it in the air to no one... Almost commentators curse ...
  • Keep it up Jonjo! Not watching the game but to get a start in one of Liverpools biggest/toughest games of the season says alot.

This game could make or break him for where he will be on the radar.
  • He came on after 5 mins because Lucas injured himself .... And for me has equipped himself well ...
  • Dave2l said:

Keep it up Jonjo! Not watching the game but to get a start in one of Liverpools biggest/toughest games of the season says alot.

This game could make or break him for where he will be on the radar.

He was sub. Came on after 4 mins. He's doing ok, just needs to keep it simple, and cut down on the Hollywood balls.
  • That makes more sense.
  • Almost scored an absolute screamer then...
  • Sponsored links:

• A new Shelvey thread everytime he makes a performance for the bin dippers.

"He's gone. Get over it".......................................................................
  • I like to watch ex players who havnt done wrong by us.... His money kept us afloat ... Always liked Jonjo...
  • edited August 2012

A new Shelvey thread everytime he makes a performance for the bin dippers.

"He's gone. Get over it".......................................................................

Not sure anyone's said anything which might lead you to believe they aren't "over it", but we produced a young lad who's gone onto play for one of the biggest teams in the world so I can't understand why you wouldn't be interested in his progress.

For the record I actually think Jenkinson played really well for Arsenal earlier.
  • Nothing wrong with watching his progress mate, but a new thread every game?

He probably has more dedicated threads than our current squad.........................
  • Well ... I only opened it as he came on after 5 mins in the biggest game in England this weekend and I thought he was holding his own ...

I opened one on Torres the other day if that helps ...
  • Nothing wrong with watching his progress mate, but a new thread every game?

He probably has more dedicated threads than our current squad.........................

I can't see another Shelvy thread on the first five pages of the site so I highly doubt it's interfering with your enjoyment of Charlton Life.

Great excuse for a moan though.
  • se9addick said:

Not sure anyone's said anything which might lead you to believe they aren't "over it", but we produced a young lad who's gone onto play for one of the biggest teams in the world so I can't understand why you wouldn't be interested in his progress.

Wouldn't put Liverpool in that bracket. Mediocre prem team, nothing more.

The reason I wouldn't be interested, is because He no longer plays for us. Simple as that. Don't have anything against the lad, but I'm not gonna follow his, parker, Jenkinson, bent or any other former players with any real interest.

Although I must say, Francis is doing well at Bournemouth. ;-)
  • se9addick said:

Wouldn't put Liverpool in that bracket. Mediocre prem team, nothing more.

The reason I wouldn't be interested, is because He no longer plays for us. Simple as that. Don't have anything against the lad, but I'm not gonna follow his, parker, Jenkinson, bent or any other former players with any real interest.

Although I must say, Francis is doing well at Bournemouth. ;-)
    That's fine, there are plenty of threads opened on CL that hold little interest for me and I have a really simple solution - don't read them ! You must have far too much time on your hands if you can spend your life reading and commentating on subjects that hold no interest for you.

And by the way, I said Liverpool were one of the biggest teams in the world, not the best !!
  • Well I put it in the right bracket 'other football' ...

I personally love to see Benty do well, Parker could fall off a cliff and land in a vat of burning oil , Jenkinson not fussed wouldnt follow him, but he did pay for almost our entire team, like seeing Andy Reid do well as well...

• Sponsored links:

• Mate, none of those threads have been commented on for the whole of this month and most are years old.

As above I don't see how the creation of a new thread is any inconvenience to yourself so you genuinely must be looking for things to moan about.
  • This site really seems to be going down hill a bit recently ... People trying to start arguments all over the place ...
  • edited August 2012
    DP
  • Sorry, have kicked the dog and slapped the missus.....................feel better now. :-)
  • Ha ha, fair play :-)
  • Fair enough... I'm off to bed its 3.30 am over here ...
  • Don't see a problem in the thread creation myself. I've a strong interest how former players are getting on as I'm sure many others do.

Thought he played well.
  • My arugment isn't whether to support former players or whether or not to comment on them. But why start a new thread about him? Here's just 5 (of many) about the shiney domed god of the land of Jobcentre....................................

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/49171/jonjo-shelvey
    http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/34102/new-article-the-curious-case-of-jonjo-shelvey
    http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/25810/shelvey-speculation
    http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/48194/jonjo-shelvey-euro-2012
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/36351/liverpool-shelvey/p5

haha this is quite sad, i am imagining you as one of the fans who sit around me that moan about every single possible
  • edited August 2012
    I thought he grew in to the game and was at least a 7 out of ten
  • ESPN gave him an 8 out of 10 in their match rating