Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pie Thread

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
I really hope we're in the same division as Ipswich next season as their pies are among the best I've ever tasted! The Chicken & Ham variety had great big chunks of meat and the pie crust was perfect. My Mum reported that the Steak & Ale pie was just as good.

Comments

• You cant beat the mighty Walsall Balti pie
  • Had a burger outside the ground that literally fell apart in my hand. Wasn't impressed!!
  • Had a burger outside the ground that literally fell apart in my hand. Wasn't impressed!!

You should have had a pie.

• I really hope we're in the same division as Ipswich next season as their pies are among the best I've ever tasted! The Chicken & Ham variety had great big chunks of meat and the pie crust was perfect. My Mum reported that the Steak & Ale pie was just as good.

Hope not...that would be L1....best pie I had was at Leeds.
  • Oggy Red said:

Had a burger outside the ground that literally fell apart in my hand. Wasn't impressed!!

You should have had a pie.

Apparently so!!
  • Who tried for the famous Preston pie last season? The butter pie.
  • DA9 said:

You cant beat the mighty Walsall Balti pie

Not a patch on the hairy one in the pub at Wycombe
  • you go to the right places in Cardiff you can try a cream pie
  • DA9 said:

I literally just screeched at my desk. I normally find you're double entendre jokes irritating and silly but that is the best yet by some doing.

• cafctom said:

Who tried for the famous Preston pie last season? The butter pie.

I had that. The Potato and Butter Pie, it was lovely!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can this thread be renamed the pie thread

Done!

Done!

Nice work!
  • Worst Pie was at White Hart Lane..... Chicken Balti..... was on the toilet for three days straight. Filth.
  • I genuinely think the pies at Charlton are quite good.
  • i swear since being part of this forum (over a year ago) there has been several pie threads.
    Its a bit of luck that I bloody love pie.
  • i swear since being part of this forum (over a year ago) there has been several pie threads.

A SLICE of luck, you may say.

• edited September 2012

i swear since being part of this forum (over a year ago) there has been several pie threads.

You dissing the pie? If so meet me on the bickering thread at 17:00
  • Curb_It said:

DA9 said:

I literally just screeched at my desk. I normally find you're double entendre jokes irritating and silly but that is the best yet by some doing.

lol, join the queue.
  • very good Red Raver.

oh and cray, i wasn’t having a pop at the pie, but if you want some (not pie but attitude) then i'll see you at 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Hairy fish pie?

Rochdale had a good selection.

• DA9 said:

Hairy fish pie?

Rochdale had a good selection.

Very good - just chuckled out loud at my desk. Got a few strange looks!
  • Would appreciate anyone checking out the vegetarian pies they see on their travels...especially any pie/pasty that ISN'T cheese and onion. Was the Preston potato and butter pie vegetarian.
    Incidentally for the poster who said pies at Charlton are OK...sorry, not if you're a non meat non fish person they're not.
  • seth plum said:

Would appreciate anyone checking out the vegetarian pies they see on their travels...especially any pie/pasty that ISN'T cheese and onion. Was the Preston potato and butter pie vegetarian.
    Incidentally for the poster who said pies at Charlton are OK...sorry, not if you're a non meat non fish person they're not.

I would say the meat pie's at Charlton are suitable for vegetarians
  • seth plum said:

Would appreciate anyone checking out the vegetarian pies they see on their travels...especially any pie/pasty that ISN'T cheese and onion. Was the Preston potato and butter pie vegetarian.

The Butter and Potato pies were 100 per cent vegetarian and with reference to the pies at Charlton, apologies, I am speaking as a non-veggie.
  • edited September 2012
    Had a really bad pie at Notts Forest.
  • Curb_It said:

DA9 said:

Wondered why our windows cracked in the West End!!! ;-)
  • Thought the pie at The Massives last season was pretty spot on, meat n potatoe, and the pastry was spot on!
  • Red_Raver said:

seth plum said:

The Butter and Potato pies were 100 per cent vegetarian and with reference to the pies at Charlton, apologies, I am speaking as a non-veggie.
    The Preston butter and potato pies were also 100% dull and insipid!

Slightly off topic, but on Saturday the Lord Nelson pub in Ipswich (as well as Adnams beer) did a nice Steak and Guinness pie...
  • Love me pies