Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• An Aslef spokesman said: "The ballot result shows the strength of feeling that remains on this issue."

huh. Those twats would strike at the drop of Spanner Bob's hat.
  • Rearrange the following words to give a well known phrase.

greedy
    are
    lazy
    they
    bastards
    workshy
  • They do this every year. The cynic in me thinks that this has nothing to do with bank holiday pay, and everything to do with the fact that they just don't want to work on boxing day. So every year they ask for a ridiculous figure which they know that TfL will never agree to.
  • Bob Crow sucks balls!
  • The drivers already have a deal that will take basic pay from £42,424 to £52,000 in 2015. Add in pension contributions from TfL of £13K and overtime averaging £1,300 and zone 1-6 travel for them and a spouse and that's a pretty decent living.

Have no sympathy for them at all and they will never receive it with that odious twat as their mouthpiece. There are some hard-working people on the tubes, but they need to realise that they are well paid already, while the rest of us put up with some appalling service and the annual mark up of fares to pay them!
  • Damn it. I need to travel from Gravesend to Sittingbourne on that day. Anyone got an alternative route?
  • BIG_ROB said:

Bob Crow sucks balls!

Nothing to do with Bob, so today he is blameless!
  • edited December 2012
    cafckev said:

BIG_ROB said:

Bob Crow sucks balls!

I'd still like to smack him in the chops though !!
  • cafckev said:

BIG_ROB said:

Bob Crow sucks balls!

Bob Crow sucks balls regardless.
  • Will our game be under threat?
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently so according to BBC London News. Can't see it myself.
  • TelMc32 said:

The drivers already have a deal that will take basic pay from £42,424 to £52,000 in 2015. Add in pension contributions from TfL of £13K and overtime averaging £1,300 and zone 1-6 travel for them and a spouse and that's a pretty decent living.

Have no sympathy for them at all and they will never receive it with that odious twat as their mouthpiece. There are some hard-working people on the tubes, but they need to realise that they are well paid already, while the rest of us put up with some appalling service and the annual mark up of fares to pay them!

Great post
  • edited December 2012

cafckev said:

BIG_ROB said:

Bob Crow sucks balls!

Thing is, all his union members love him, and I am fairly sure almost all unions would love to have him in charge of their union.

He fights for his members regardless of what people think. The RMT have just taken on London Black Taxis, and within a few months really started taking on Boris, and mini cabs like no one else has ever dared too.
  • It's a Christmas tradition - stop being so grumpy!
  • Might be a decent career for Danny Mills.
  • edited December 2012
    cafckev said:

cafckev said:

BIG_ROB said:

Bob Crow sucks balls!

Thing is, all his union members love him, and I am fairly sure almost all unions would love to have him in charge of their union.

He fights for his members regardless of what people think. The RMT have just taken on London Black Taxis, and within a few months really started taking on Boris, and mini cabs like no one else has ever dared too.

That's right Kev, used to be in the RMT when I was working on the tube (89-93) and still have a few mates who still work on there....and they won't have a bad word said about Bob as you say 'They love him'.
  • @redarmyse7 they are slagging of your surrogate father
  • edited December 2012

TelMc32 said:

The drivers already have a deal that will take basic pay from £42,424 to £52,000 in 2015. Add in pension contributions from TfL of £13K and overtime averaging £1,300 and zone 1-6 travel for them and a spouse and that's a pretty decent living.

Great post
    That 'odious twat' (assume you mean Bob Crow) is the RMT leader, this is an ASLEF dispute. However both unions are pretty strong with strong leaders and know how to get a 'good deal', it's why their conditions of employment are so good, believe me I know plenty of tube workers (used to be one myself) and most are more then content with their lot.
  • I'm not in the RMT so I hate Bob Crow, probably along with the majority of other non-RMT members on this planet.
  • BIG_ROB said:

I'm not in the RMT so I hate Bob Crow, probably along with the majority of other non-RMT members on this planet.

His really not a bad bloke, just doing his job, mind you when he asked me to get him a ticket for the 4-4 game I politely told him to fu.c off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some bint interviewed on the street for BBC London was asked if she agrees with them striking. "Yes, they deserve better pay and conditions."

What the f*** is the matter with some people?
  • Bob Crow is a Milwall slag.
    Is it possible to ban Crow from the Valley?

So there are no accusations of rascism, pigeons and all other birds must also be banned.

• edited December 2012
    Bob Crow Bob Crow is never blameless-----------end of.

fat Smallwall marxist twonk.

along with Livingstone, Blair, Brown need burning limb by limb i would record their screams of pain and sell it on line---make a naffing mint.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if Crow has got something to do with it the shit stirring minge. Not sure what else he's doing to warrant his 130k + he earns every year.
  • As I understand it, pay on Boxing day is at the same rate as any ordinary day and that is the gripe. I may have this wrong tho'.
  • edited December 2012
    Cannot believe the money these drivers earn for possibly the easiest job in the world.
    Reckon I could do their job with 3 days training. £30k maximum and that would be absolutely stealing a living.

• edited December 2012
    Even proper drivers arnt too keen on the underground drivers!
  • Of course his members love him - he gets them pay rises for doing fuck all while the rest of us pay for it.

Scumbag.
  • Hastingsaddick - yes I meant Crow & I know he is RMT and not ASLEF. As has been seen in the past though, he is the mouthpiece & the one that gets the soundbites out. They all work together & know they can each disrupt the service individually. If TfL buckle & pay ASLEF, how long before RMT make the same demands?

You mention that you were a driver & know many who still are, who are happy with their lot. Well, they have a funny way of showing it. I am a life-long union member (after many mergers, now Unison) and wholeheartedly agree in a worker's right to strike for better pay, conditions, safety etc. But, when warranted. I just don't believe these guys are hard done by. They simply know they have a strong union who are likely to vote for & then support a strike, which holds hundreds of thousands of commuters to ransom on a daily basis.