Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing Day Tube Strike confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Unions doing what their members have instructed.
    I dont think train driving is a closed shop, give it go if you fancy it as long as you meet the criteria.
    The money they get for working in London, shifts, anti social hours, skill level and responsibilities isnt that unreasonable.

Or maybe they should be paid a pittance and be thankful to have such a stress free boring job.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Off_it said:

Of course his members love him - he gets them pay rises for doing fuck all while the rest of us pay for it.

Scumbag.

I'm a member of RMT and your right Bob Crow is appreciated by the members but as for doing fuck all , I resent that . I work bloody hard and I do long hours .
    I can see why people dislike him because at times he is all too ready to play the strike card but if people will just look a little deeper instead of reading the Sun headlines you might just find that there is good reason to take action.
    ( I don't work on on the tube so I can't talk for them ).
    Let me tell you that if it wasn't for RMT the rail companies would have streamlined its maintenance workforce so much over the last ten years just to pay its franchise payments that you would have seen several Hatfield/Potters Bar accidents with the loss of many , many lives.
    That is a fact .
  • Options

I dont think train driving is a closed shop, give it go if you fancy it as long as you meet the criteria.
    The money they get for working in London, shifts, anti social hours, skill level and responsibilities isnt that unreasonable.

Or maybe they should be paid a pittance and be thankful to have such a stress free boring job.

By their own greed and stupidity they will make the case for driverless trains stronger and stronger.
    The thick end of £50k for driving a tube train is a joke and they must be pissing themselves laughing at us mugs who pay for it.
  • Options
    This is ASLEF not RMT. Bob Crow only works for RMT so he is not involved in this one but Crow is a bloody millwall fan.
  • Options
    Only out of interest, are they recruiting and does someone have a link to share? I've always fancied driving a train and I love tunnels. Am I in?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Let's bring Mrs Thatcher out of retirement!

Bob Crow Bob Crow is never blameless-----------end of.

fat Smallwall marxist twonk.

along with Livingstone, Blair, Brown need burning limb by limb i would record their screams of pain and sell it on line---make a naffing mint.

• Options
    Carter said:

Only out of interest, are they recruiting and does someone have a link to share? I've always fancied driving a train and I love tunnels. Am I in?

Don't worry about wanting to drive a train, they do very well out of not doing it. Just make sure you are happy holding a placard when you should be working and have no shame whatsoever.
  • Options

along with Livingstone, Blair, Brown need burning limb by limb i would record their screams of pain and sell it on line---make a naffing mint.

Yeah like the country isn't fucked up enough as it is ?

• Options

Just bring her to sort the stiking public transport worker out LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You seem to forget , that woman got rid of British Rail and turned the railways into the mixed up mess that they are in now . I hope your happy Paying an 11% increase every year on your tickets ? That's Thatchers privatisation for you. It's striking not stiking , by the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Of course his members love him - he gets them pay rises for doing fuck all while the rest of us pay for it.

Scumbag.

I'm a member of RMT and your right Bob Crow is appreciated by the members but as for doing fuck all , I resent that . I work bloody hard and I do long hours .
    I can see why people dislike him because at times he is all too ready to play the strike card but if people will just look a little deeper instead of reading the Sun headlines you might just find that there is good reason to take action.
    Let me tell you that if it wasn't for RMT the rail companies would have streamlined its maintenance workforce so much over the last ten years just to pay its franchise payments that you would have seen several Hatfield/Potters Bar accidents with the loss of many , many lives.
    That is a fact .
    Couldn't agree more. I am not sure if you was about in Jimmy Knapps days, but he was a good bloke, and did ok by us, but when Bob took over the managers shitted themselves because they knew him and what he was like.

His name only pops up when strikes are mentioned, but if it wasn't for him, and his hard line that he takes the railway would be even in a bigger mess than they are now! He has stood up against them on so many cost saving ideas and safety related things and won because two reasons. Firstly he had the backing of his members and secondly because he knows how a safe railway is important and not a railway with unstaffed stations, poorly maintained track and a risk to the passengers.

I don't think Bob cares about how people view him as long as his members are safe, and the passengers are not at risk.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Off_it said:

Scumbag.

That is a fact .
    Couldn't agree more. I am not sure if you was about in Jimmy Knapps days, but he was a good bloke, and did ok by us, but when Bob took over the managers shitted themselves because they knew him and what he was like.

His name only pops up when strikes are mentioned, but if it wasn't for him, and his hard line that he takes the railway would be even in a bigger mess than they are now! He has stood up against them on so many cost saving ideas and safety related things and won because two reasons. Firstly he had the backing of his members and secondly because he knows how a safe railway is important and not a railway with unstaffed stations, poorly maintained track and a risk to the passengers.

I don't think Bob cares about how people view him as long as his members are safe, and the passengers are not at risk.
    Your absolutely spot on mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    TelMc32 said:

Hastingsaddick - yes I meant Crow & I know he is RMT and not ASLEF. As has been seen in the past though, he is the mouthpiece & the one that gets the soundbites out. They all work together & know they can each disrupt the service individually. If TfL buckle & pay ASLEF, how long before RMT make the same demands?

You mention that you were a driver & know many who still are, who are happy with their lot. Well, they have a funny way of showing it. I am a life-long union member (after many mergers, now Unison) and wholeheartedly agree in a worker's right to strike for better pay, conditions, safety etc. But, when warranted. I just don't believe these guys are hard done by. They simply know they have a strong union who are likely to vote for & then support a strike, which holds hundreds of thousands of commuters to ransom on a daily basis.

TEL... I worked in maintainence fixing the trains and have never been a driver and don't know a single driver personnaly and when they went on strike I was as inconveinienced (sp) as the rest of the commuters. As you say they arn't hard done by, they have a strong union and yes they do hold commuters, TFL, Government and big buisness to ransom and it's difficult to see that changing as the capital and of course the city can't cope without the tube.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Off_it said:

Scumbag.

That is a fact .
    I don't think he cares how people view him because he's on 130k + a year and his deluded members think he's only got their best interests at heart!
  • Options
    edited December 2012

cafckev said:

Off_it said:

Scumbag.

That is a fact .

Your absolutely spot on mate.
    I'll agree with that, I worked for 4 years on the Tube (maintenance) that was enough for me, early starts, late finishes and then they introduced a shift pattern that wasn't for me....I took VS (voluntary severence).....still the pension is good (I'd previously done 6 years on British Rail) and I was happy enough for those years (until the new shift patterns were introduced) and have kept some good mates from the era.....and still get invites to the annual RMT do at Christmas.
  • Options

You seem to forget , that woman got rid of British Rail and turned the railways into the mixed up mess that they are in now . I hope your happy Paying an 11% increase every year on your tickets ? That's Thatchers privatisation for you. It's striking not stiking , by the way.
    Actually, it was John Major that privatised the railways between 1994 & 1997. Thatcher was out of office by then.

• Options
    Simon E said:

Actually, it was John Major that privatised the railways between 1994 & 1997. Thatcher was out of office by then.

True. But she set the ball rolling long before Major .
  • Options
    what a total crock of shit that Bob Crow gives a rats arse about the public who pay his wages and his workers Health and safety ----- bollox he strikes time and again for his cause the Marxist c__t

• Options
    I drive surface trains,I dont get 50K but some TOCs do pay more. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye,when it was privitised the driver wages were more than doubled after it was looked in to what was involved,nothing to do with the unions this was an independent body.I did a three year apprenticeship and have changed companies after 27 years and it took 8 months retraining.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Hastingsaddick - yes I meant Crow & I know he is RMT and not ASLEF. As has been seen in the past though, he is the mouthpiece & the one that gets the soundbites out. They all work together & know they can each disrupt the service individually. If TfL buckle & pay ASLEF, how long before RMT make the same demands?

You mention that you were a driver & know many who still are, who are happy with their lot. Well, they have a funny way of showing it. I am a life-long union member (after many mergers, now Unison) and wholeheartedly agree in a worker's right to strike for better pay, conditions, safety etc. But, when warranted. I just don't believe these guys are hard done by. They simply know they have a strong union who are likely to vote for & then support a strike, which holds hundreds of thousands of commuters to ransom on a daily basis.

TEL... I worked in maintainence fixing the trains and have never been a driver and don't know a single driver personnaly and when they went on strike I was as inconveinienced (sp) as the rest of the commuters. As you say they arn't hard done by, they have a strong union and yes they do hold commuters, TFL, Government and big buisness to ransom and it's difficult to see that changing as the capital and of course the city can't cope without the tube.
    Sorry for mis-reading and having you down as a driver mate. As I said previously, there are a lot of hard-working staff and, as a life-long union man, I don't begrudge them a good wage. I agree that the unions have done a lot of good work in keeping the lines safe and restricting the stripping back of safety measures, but I haven't any sympathy for them on yet more pay demands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really don't agree with holding the city to ransome as they do every time they fancy a bit more money or a an extra day off, but as a cabbie it's music to my ears to hear the words 'tube strike'.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Sorry for mis-reading and having you down as a driver mate. As I said previously, there are a lot of hard-working staff and, as a life-long union man, I don't begrudge them a good wage. I agree that the unions have done a lot of good work in keeping the lines safe and restricting the stripping back of safety measures, but I haven't any sympathy for them on yet more pay demands.
    Fair play Tel.
  • Options

what a total crock of shit that Bob Crow gives a rats arse about the public who pay his wages and his workers Health and safety ----- bollox he strikes time and again for his cause the Marxist c__t

His members not you or I pay his salary.
    Why should he care what the public think of him? His duty is to his members which he clearly has support from. Its a dam sight easier to get rid of your union rep than it is an MP or an incompetent management. When its starts costing the membership money Bobs day will be over. Just like Red Robo at Leyland in the '70s.
    The train unions have always been strong (from what I can remember from the last 35 years), this is good for them and from a safety point good for the public, though few care to think that way.
    Anyway its Aslef not his RMT union that called the strike although no doubt he will back it.

By their own greed and stupidity they will make the case for driverless trains stronger and stronger.
    The thick end of £50k for driving a tube train is a joke and they must be pissing themselves laughing at us mugs who pay for it.
    How much should a train driver be paid then? I dont think its greed or stupidity to want a good wage for the work that they do. If you dont put a value on your skills no one else will. Stupidity is keeping your head down and excepting a cut in living standards. Greed has been well demonstrated by the 1% of the country.
    Driverless trains are inevitable, when tube network can afford the upgrades. In the meantime drivers will continue to get paid for getting up early on Boxing day or not if they choose to withdraw their labour.
  • Options
    Bob Crow must be a man of the people, he lives in a council house after all!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Its good to have principals, morrals and stand to by them
  • Options
    We pay your wages thats the poor f__kers that have no choice in using the shit system and you pay him £120k plus a year nice one.

Like he gives a f++k about the public we are USED by his Union to get YOUR demands. Its the grief and shit year after year that we have to put up with that gets YOUR demands.
    OUR HASSEL

Health and Safety is just another load of bollox used to get his demands through.
  • Options
    Some lines already are driverless, or would be if the unions didn't threaten to strike if the drivers were removed. So on the central line, for example, the driver just sits there, doing nothing more than opening and closing the doors and having their finger hovering over the emergency stop button. That sounds like a minimum wage job to me, it's certainly less than the conductors on the DLR have to do, and they earn considerably less than tube drivers.
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Its good to have principals, morrals and stand to by them
    Lol
  • Options

We pay your wages thats the poor f__kers that have no choice in using the shit system and you pay him £120k plus a year nice one.

Like he gives a f++k about the public we are USED by his Union to get YOUR demands. Its the grief and shit year after year that we have to puct up with that gets YOUR demands.
    OUR HASSEL

Health and Safety is just another load of bollox used to get his demands through.

Good post GH pal!
  • Options

Some lines already are driverless, or would be if the unions didn't threaten to strike if the drivers were removed. So on the central line, for example, the driver just sits there, doing nothing more than opening and closing the doors and having their finger hovering over the emergency stop button. That sounds like a minimum wage job to me, it's certainly less than the conductors on the DLR have to do, and they earn considerably less than tube drivers.

Well said.