Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GP (don't open if you don't want to know the result)

Great action today and lots of upset team mates.
Should Vettel have stayed behind Webber? Was a great duel, so I'm not complaining.
This team orders stuff is rubbish. All drivers should only try to win, surely.
Webber is nopt happy but would he have stayed in front if they had both been racing, says he switched his engine down, but seemed to be defending OK and did try and get his position back.

Comments

• Options
    Bloody ridiculous by Mercedes team orders in the second race! & I have a sneaking feeling red bull wanted Vettel to win!
    According to a mate this as well as closer racing is one of the reasons real car petrol heads have moved to touring cars!
    Hilarious seeing Hamilton pit in his old teams box though!
  • Options
    Gutted for Webber. Can see him leaving the team and maybe even the sport at the end of the year. Tries to be a team player but Vettel obviously sees himself as the number 1 man.
  • Options
    Vettel out of order, what does Webber do? If he ignores team orders they'll get rid of him at the season's end.
  • Options
    Always been a bit suspicious about team orders in motor racing. Whoever can cross the line first, should cross the line first imo
  • Options
    It was said all afternoon though that the red bulls were struggling on tyres, so at least they had an excuse for why they didn't want their guys racing.

No excuse at Mercedes however, Hamilton had no fuel and was driving slowly. Rosberg was fine on fuel and going a lot quicker, there was no reason not to let Rosberg in front and at least try to catch the Red Bulls. Seems they clearly have their #1 in that team.
  • Options
    How can anyone bet on F1 . If they did that in horse racing etc. they would be banned for life.
  • Options
    Red Bull wanted a 1, 2 and they got it, but racing like that could have seen them both off the track. You can see why, although that may be exciting for the fans, it's not great for the team owners.
  • Options
    Vettel should of listend to team orders but will get all the protection he needs from the bosses at red bull. Think Mercedes told rosberg to hold back as they wanted Hamilton to get his first podium of the season with them. Good race though. Watching the whole season with jealousy though as my dad and Nicole are of to silverstone this year for the whole race weekend :(
  • Options
    Hamilton pulling into the Maclaren pit was hilarious though.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ridiculous sport where a "racer" is devestated and apologising for overtaking.
  • Options
    After yesterday Webber has to ask himself the very serious question, can he win the World title at Red Bull?

I think it's a definate `no' and think this will be his last season with the team.
  • Options

After yesterday Webber has to ask himself the very serious question, can he win the World title at Red Bull?

I think it's a definate `no' and think this will be his last season with the team.

Webber wouldn't win the world title at any team. Red Bull have had the best car for the last 3 seasons and he's not won it there so he ain't winning it anywhere. I suspect if you put Hamilton or Alonso in the Red Bull they would give Vettell a serious run for his money though. Decent driver but that car has made him look better than he is.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Webber wouldn't win the world title at any team. Red Bull have had the best car for the last 3 seasons and he's not won it there so he ain't winning it anywhere. I suspect if you put Hamilton or Alonso in the Red Bull they would give Vettell a serious run for his money though. Decent driver but that car has made him look better than he is.

have to agree. the guy who owns red bull said that webber isnt consistent enough only performs well in a couple of races a year. be great if webber starts really digging deep and takes on vettel but i just don't think he's as good a driver.

on another note, what a bunch of plebs the ferrari team are. not sure who made the call but to keep alonso out there with that much damage on the front wing was a dumb decision. It has happened so many times where it can break off and go under the car or catches the tire or just coms off. I know they would of come near the back if not at the back, but sometimes you just have to swallow that and get on and race. It was so early on i reckon he would of got into the points by the end of the race. still, not that keen on alonso anyway.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what's worse, Vettel completely ignoring team orders, or his 'apology' after the race claiming he made a mistake. Course you did mate, you had no idea at all what you were doing!!
  • Options

I'm not sure what's worse, Vettel completely ignoring team orders, or his 'apology' after the race claiming he made a mistake. Course you did mate, you had no idea at all what you were doing!!

And it never even crossed his mind that he had x number of laps after taking the race lead to erm...slow down slightly and give it back to Webber. Poor confused little lad!

• Options
    edited March 2013

How can anyone bet on F1 . If they did that in horse racing etc. they would be banned for life.

Fair point! Although if anything it only makes it easier to bet, surely? Knowing who the no.1 drivers are is a big clue!

Vettel was awful yesterday. Would love to have seen Webber go for it the whole time, with Vettel chasing. But that wasn't the plan, so everything about Vettel was out of order, especially his excuses after. Can understand Mercedes a little more - concerned about fuel and tyres with no realistic chance of chasing second.

As long as there's a Constructor's Trophy, there will be team orders - and rightly so. The structure of the sport is such that team's should be able to give orders and have strategies. Ferrari have always been the worst for it! Changing Massa's gearbox last season was the most cynical tactic I can think of! But asking the drivers to achieve particular positions should be accepted for as long as the teams are spending the money.
  • Options
    Question for any F1 experts out there, as i don't watch it that often.

I'm sure when i used to watch it, pit stops were about 5/6/7 sometimes even 8 or 9 seconds. Yesterday, i saw some that were literally like 3 seconds, car barely had time to stop before it was off again.

Am i just imagining this or has something happened to make them so much shorter?
  • Options

I'm sure when i used to watch it, pit stops were about 5/6/7 sometimes even 8 or 9 seconds. Yesterday, i saw some that were literally like 3 seconds, car barely had time to stop before it was off again.

Am i just imagining this or has something happened to make them so much shorter?

No refuelling for a start and I think they have also just got better at it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah, no refuelling, that'll be why then.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

No refuelling for a start and I think they have also just got better at it.

Apart from Force India and McLaren yesterday!

Rizzo said:

have to agree. the guy who owns red bull said that webber isnt consistent enough only performs well in a couple of races a year. be great if webber starts really digging deep and takes on vettel but i just don't think he's as good a driver.

on another note, what a bunch of plebs the ferrari team are. not sure who made the call but to keep alonso out there with that much damage on the front wing was a dumb decision. It has happened so many times where it can break off and go under the car or catches the tire or just coms off. I know they would of come near the back if not at the back, but sometimes you just have to swallow that and get on and race. It was so early on i reckon he would of got into the points by the end of the race. still, not that keen on alonso anyway.
    If Alonso had crashed into one of the Red Bulls or Mercedes due to his wing failure, it would have been interesting to see what punishment they'd have got, as the car was clearly not in a fit state to be racing like that (and it was racing, not touring around)
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Fair point! Although if anything it only makes it easier to bet, surely? Knowing who the no.1 drivers are is a big clue!

Vettel was awful yesterday. Would love to have seen Webber go for it the whole time, with Vettel chasing. But that wasn't the plan, so everything about Vettel was out of order, especially his excuses after. Can understand Mercedes a little more - concerned about fuel and tyres with no realistic chance of chasing second.

As long as there's a Constructor's Trophy, there will be team orders - and rightly so. The structure of the sport is such that team's should be able to give orders and have strategies. Ferrari have always been the worst for it! Changing Massa's gearbox last season was the most cynical tactic I can think of! But asking the drivers to achieve particular positions should be accepted for as long as the teams are spending the money.
    Perhaps then a team should be limited to just 1 car...........will obviously reduce the number of cars per race, but I'm sure a couple more contsructors would join in and if you got it to around 15 cars per race wouldn't probably make much difference - or just scrap the constructors trophy and just make it best man wins.