Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RICARDO FULLER 400TH SENIOR CLUB APPEARANCE THIS WEEK?

In reseaching Wikapedia for Ricardo's visit to Ashford next week, it appears that his next appearance will be his 400th at Senior Club level during which time he has scored 106 goals. He has also, represented Jamaica on 57 occasions including 3 World Cups scoring 6 times. Well done Ricardo and look forward to welcoming you to Ashford.

Comments

• For me, it has been another disappointing signing. Promised much, if you consider the devastation of the Stoke fans at losing him, and yet proving to be more of a John Barnes than a DiCanio.
  • That is very harsh IMO. On his day, he is by a country mile the most talented player in our team. Hasn't looked 100% fit recently.
  • Ask him about his shoulder injury.
  • cafctom said:

That is very harsh IMO. On his day, he is by a country mile the most talented player in our team. Hasn't looked 100% fit recently.

Leave it out, Solly and Wiggins have more talent on an average day than Fuller on "his day" and he hasn't looked 100% fit sinced he joined us not just recently
  • cafctom said:

That is very harsh IMO. On his day, he is by a country mile the most talented player in our team. Hasn't looked 100% fit recently.

At falling over?

• If he conserves his energy in future as well as he's saved it while wearing an Addicks shirt, he'll be well in line for another 400
  • He's not as bad as people on here make out imo, scored some crucial goals for us to get us some points. Not fully fit but I always feel with him on the pitch he can create something out of nothing. Not worth the reported wages his on though
  • Not sure i'd be playing too great either with my shoulder popping out midgame...
  • Think he's been piss poor in my opinion. Complete waste of his not inconsiderable wages.
  • I've put more effort into typing this than Fuller does in 90 minutes. Hope he's released in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to agree the way he was paraded on the pitch u would have thought messi had been signed!
    But big let down should have been a leading scorer in this league.
  • Some very short memories based only on the past few games it seems. Anyone who was at the away games against Watford, Palace or Ipswich will know what he is capable of.

cafctom said:

Leave it out, Solly and Wiggins have more talent on an average day than Fuller on "his day" and he hasn't looked 100% fit sinced he joined us not just recently
    And neither have proved themselves in the Premiership. Infact, they are only proving themselves in the Championship for the first time.

I don't know the stats on match ratings but I'd say Fuller has pulled off more 8s and 9s than most other players. Not every week of course, but he has been exceptional on occasions.

Bloody hell, is there a SINGLE ounce of positivity from the Charlton support about ANYTHING at the moment?
  • Lets hope his 400th appearance is for someone else...
  • Interesting though that the 'ageing-former-Premier-League-star-dropping-down-a-league-where-he-will-then-outclass-everyone' hardly ever works. I can't think of a decent example.
  • Merson at Portsmouth, Hoddle at Swindon, Kevin Phillips several times....
  • On his day he is unplayable. Unfortunately weve only seen a few of them days.

Then again, he's not the type of striker to chase balls down the channels or jump for 90 mins. Cant really say he has had great service.
  • Exactly-we've spent most of the season playing long balls and even when it does go along the ground, he (and everyone else) have got that pitch to deal with. It's no coincidence that his best performances have been away.

He did things against Palace that few Charlton players I've ever seen would be able to come close to but, sadly I don't think we're a great match for him and he'll be gone at the end of the season.
  • who did he score that screamer against at home and then go off injured?
  • who did he score that screamer against at home and then go off injured?

Peterborough ?
  • edited March 2013
    Correct Lincs pinged one in from 25 / 30 yards and hamstring at the same time last November.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure what we really should have expected,shows his class from time to time but really is a player coming to the end of the road. has never at any stage looked fully fit,or maybe those legs have just gone.either way the reputed wages hes on can surley be put to better use.
  • RedChaser said:

Correct Lincs pinged one in from 30 yards and hamstring at the same time last November.

Goal of the season that one. One of my few trips to the valley this season. I was oh so happy when we signed Fuller. So far he has flattered to deceive to put it kindly. IF IF IF he can get fit and motivated I would love to see him stay for a season or two. However, I suspect that his career is on an irreversible downward slope .. pity.
  • RedChaser said:

last November.

says it all really

• edited March 2013
    These type of signings are always a bit of a gamble if they come off it's a great piece of mananagement, if they don't it was a waste of money, wonderful thing hindsight. I've seen over half our away games this season and up until the last couple of games his mind has been willing but the body just not able. He has also found it rougher and tougher down a level the little protection he gets from sub standard referees with Mr Kettle to look forward to Saturday! Sadly we have only seen glimpses of the 'old' Ric but lets not castigate him in years to come a la Hasslewank.
  • Spot on RC , gutted to hear that Kettle is reffing Saturday.
  • He's a match winner. He's also entertaining to watch.

Things haven't exactly been going our way in recent months, that doesn't mean we should start jumping on the back of one of most exciting talents.

I'd much rather have a flair player who can make something happen in our team than 11 Pritchards (if that is a good example). Agree he's not been playing very well of late, but neither has our team.

Can't we just get behind him? I'm sure he will repay the faith if he knows we want him there.
  • I'm behind him Jamie , it must be gutting to be so plagued with injuries so much so that it stops you from performing how you would like to , and tough to deal with mentally as well.
  • Love some of the comments on here, Fuller is, on his day, our best player. He's a game changer, he can pass 2 players with one touch and create something out of nothing, half a dozen times this season I have seen him with his back to goal in one of the channels, and in one swift movement he has turned 2 defenders and is bearing down on goal, no-one else in our team does that. I'd rather have him than watch him play against us, that's for sure.

Not one of our players have played great all season, but Fuller is nowhere near the worst of the bunch. The problem is he likes it to his feet and he's not quick enough to run on to flick ons from Kermorgant, so it's a struggle for them to play together unless we mix things up. All too often (at home at least) we have resorted to constant long balls to Kermorgant and Fuller ends up isolated with no real service. Must be awful to play in a team with only one idea and no-one willing to try something different
  • Even on a week where there have been no Charlton games played we still manage to find a scapegoat!