Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flag thanks

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
To all on Saturday who helped esp Charlton Dan and his dad, but no thanks to the miserable sods in the East Stand.

Comments

• watching you frantically waving to people to "up, up, go bloody up" was quite funny.

Good work though - first time i've seen it, very impressive.
  • What the hell was going on there?
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]What the hell was going on there?

No idea, they thought they miss the coin toss with it going over thier heads
  • I even got the pleasure of getting a bollocking from Paddy for being on his pitch ;-)
  • edited September 2007
    (er, the same pic as Rothko)

How it looked from the Jimmy Seed Stand - some other nice photos via that link too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I even got the pleasure of getting a bollocking from Paddy for being on his pitch ;-)

haha, he had a moan at me about you!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I even got the pleasure of getting a bollocking from Paddy for being on his pitch ;-)

About what?
  • Cause you walked straight across the pitch, he was grumbling away like Paddy always those
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I even got the pleasure of getting a bollocking from Paddy for being on his pitch ;-)

About what?
    peeing on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• lol - i was watching you frantically waving at the muppets in the East. How hard was it for them to pull the bloody thing up.

Good effort though lads.
  • BTW, we've never lost when the flag has gone round the ground.
  • glad to see that you kept the record going in my absence... ;-)
  • and hopefully the old one will make a reappearance at Coventry at the weekend
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Cause you walked straight across the pitch, he was grumbling away like Paddy always those

Oh I see. Just wanted to run out from the halfway line.....I'll take my shoes off next time ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and hopefully the old one will make a reappearance at Coventry at the weekend

the old what??
  • the white one with charlton badge that went mouldy?
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]the white one with charlton badge that went mouldy?

Not as mouldy as some would believe, it's got a water stain on it, but nothing else wrong with it
  • nice work tho dooood i used to like that one
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]lol - i was watching you frantically waving at the muppets in the East. How hard was it for them to pull the bloody thing up.

Good effort though lads.

It was fecking hard Arf, I promise you. Two of us in Block G trying to pull the flag up to the rear tiers and I promise you I can put some weight behind my pulling.

Even lost a nail on my little pinky.
  • MCSMCS
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Even lost a nail on my little pinky.

thats dedication for ya!
  • Does it smell awful under the flag? There's always a plasticky/chemical smell around the ground when it appears, so I dread to think what it's like up close!
  • just smells of Rothko - you get used to it after a while
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite] There's always a plasticky/chemical smell around the ground when it appears

You should try sitting near Ketman!!
  • Has the old flag hasn't been fire-proofed?
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Has the old flag hasn't been fire-proofed?

It has a safety certificate if that's what you mean. Do you think we'd take an inflammable flag up the motorway? In a car! with diesel! Are you mad! ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Does it smell awful under the flag? There's always a plasticky/chemical smell around the ground when it appears, so I dread to think what it's like up close!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHush. It's a secret chemical that makes the East Stand and lower north stop moaning and get behind the team. Don't tell the Football League or they will ban it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Has the old flag hasn't been fire-proofed?

It has a safety certificate if that's what you mean. Do you think we'd take an inflammable flag up the motorway? In a car! with diesel! Are you mad! ; - )
    I know tongue was placed firmly in cheek there Henners, but don't these things have to be re-proofed every few years? Is the certificate still valid?
  • I think it is the material itself that is fire resistant so should be OK. Spoke to the guy who produced the new flag and the people at the Valley and this was their view.

The old flag was produced some years ago and definately had a certificate then but this was before I was involved.

With smoking no longer allowed in grounds the major risk to this sort of flag has gone in any case.